Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I don't know what's more depressing - the future of this great club under Ashley,

or the fact that there are people on this forum who believe the s**** written in the low-life press (Sun. Mirror,Star, Express, Mail) and the low-life TV (Sky).

We have lost a great team player, who has been a - granted - well-paid servant of this club.

We have a manager with no balls.

We have a owner and MD who know as much about football as any other dopey southerner.

We are in s***.

I give up...

I love this club more than my own family apparently, so they keep telling me anyway, and i'm not even a Geordie, infact i'm as southern as you get, but from the age of 4 i've had this club as the centre of my life, dramatic maybe but completely true. Ive spent more money following this club and than you could ever dream of, a mental amount infact. Like you i hate what Ashley is doing, but in this case i think the blame was with both of them to begin with but now its Joey who has made it into the s*** storm it has become.

Was Keegan wrong when he suspended Joey was at Man.City, was Shearer wrong to make him train alone when Joey kicked off after his stupid challenge at Liverpool and slated Shearer in front of the team, there has to discipline at clubs, Barton may not like it but as is being proven he cannot behave himself, eventually the bad side of him comes out, when it comes out in some people it affects one relationship, like Cole and Sheringham at Man.Utd, they didn't speak but didn't let it go further, But with Joey it affects everything, everyone around him suffers.

I know Joeys case is different but tbf at the start he had valid points but he has gone way too far, the poor little me act has shown to be utter crap now. This isn't about his contract, it isn't about loving this club, its isn't about wanting whats best for all of us, not anymore, its about him and his need to be centre of attention.

Or am i as a southerner and everyone else who refuse to blame just Ashley being controlled ?.

For the record I dont see myself as a southerner, just a person, partner and a dad,  i dont see you as a northerner, i see you as a person, a special one at that because of who you support, that anti southerner attitute you have stinks and does you no justice.

Good post

I don't know what's more depressing - the future of this great club under Ashley,

or the fact that there are people on this forum who believe the s**** written in the low-life press (Sun. Mirror,Star, Express, Mail) and the low-life TV (Sky).

We have lost a great team player, who has been a - granted - well-paid servant of this club.

We have a owner and MD who know as much about football as any other dopey southerner.

We are in s***.

I give up...

I love this club more than my own family apparently, so they keep telling me anyway, and i'm not even a Geordie, infact i'm as southern as you get, but from the age of 4 i've had this club as the centre of my life, dramatic maybe but completely true. Ive spent more money following this club and than you could ever dream of, a mental amount infact. Like you i hate what Ashley is doing, but in this case i think the blame was with both of them to begin with but now its Joey who has made it into the s*** storm it has become.

Was Keegan wrong when he suspended Joey was at Man.City, was Shearer wrong to make him train alone when Joey kicked off after his stupid challenge at Liverpool and slated Shearer in front of the team, there has to discipline at clubs, Barton may not like it but as is being proven he cannot behave himself, eventually the bad side of him comes out, when it comes out in some people it affects one relationship, like Cole and Sheringham at Man.Utd, they didn't speak but didn't let it go further, But with Joey it affects everything, everyone around him suffers.

I know Joeys case is different but tbf at the start he had valid points but he has gone way too far, the poor little me act has shown to be utter crap now. This isn't about his contract, it isn't about loving this club, its isn't about wanting whats best for all of us, not anymore, its about him and his need to be centre of attention.

Or am i as a southerner and everyone else who refuse to blame just Ashley being controlled ?.

For the record I dont see myself as a southerner, just a person, partner and a dad,  i dont see you as a northerner, i see you as a person, a special one at that because of who you support, that anti southerner attitute you have stinks and does you no justice.

:clap:

Here, here.

Guest bimpy474

We are in s***.

I give up...

For the record I dont see myself as a southerner, just a person, partner and a dad,  i dont see you as a northerner, i see you as a person, a special one at that because of who you support, that anti southerner attitute you have stinks and does you no justice.

Good post

Why thank you :)

We are in s***.

I give up...

I think people need to learn to look at each case on it's own merits. The problem with too many fans is that if Barton kicks off he is just another proof that Ashley is screwing the club - which he might well be, but footballers leaving isn't always the owners fault. Same goes for Enrique, Given, Carroll and the rest.

In Barton's case he wanted his mates to be given new long term contracts and himself one too. When he didn't get it things turned sour, but if those guys were given new contracts and we didn't improve next season who would have got the blame? Ashley and Pardew, not Nolan and Barton with their cushy new contracts. Whether Ashley is willing to invest in suitable replacements is a separate issue and we'll see if that's the case in a months time.

Guest Antec

or the fact that there are people on this forum who believe the shite written in the low-life press (Sun. Mirror,Star, Express, Mail) and the low-life TV (Sky).

We are in shit.

I give up...

Cracking post, nail on head  :clap:

We are in s***.

I give up...

Agree with all that. It's very convenient that Barton started all this AFTER he was told he wasn't getting the contract he wanted. He was happy to stay before all this so for me it's obvious where most of the blame lies. Toys, pram etc.

We are in s***.

I give up...

I think people need to learn to look at each case on it's own merits. The problem with too many fans is that if Barton kicks off he is just another proof that Ashley is screwing the club - which he might well be, but footballers leaving isn't always the owners fault. Same goes for Enrique, Given, Carroll and the rest.

In Barton's case he wanted his mates to be given new long term contracts and himself one too. When he didn't get it things turned sour, but if those guys were given new contracts and we didn't improve next season who would have got the blame? Ashley and Pardew, not Nolan and Barton with their cushy new contracts. Whether Ashley is willing to invest in suitable replacements is a separate issue and we'll see if that's the case in a months time.

It's not a separate issue though, is it? Dare I say the reaction would be completely different if a suitable replacement was lined up (Barnetta, for instance).

This, however, clearly isn't the case.

Guest bimpy474

We are in s***.

I give up...

:thup: This

We are in s***.

I give up...

It's not a separate issue though, is it? Dare I say the reaction would be completely different if a suitable replacement was lined up (Barnetta, for instance).

This, however, clearly isn't the case.

Nothing is clear at this time, Barton only kicked off yesterday how can you line someone up to replace someone who might be here at the start of the season?

Guest bimpy474

We are in s***.

I give up...

Agree with all that. It's very convenient that Barton started all this AFTER he was told he wasn't getting the contract he wanted. He was happy to stay before all this so for me it's obvious where most of the blame lies. Toys, pram etc.

I think thats a big part, i reckon the Ashley and Del boy haven't helped, but the last few weeks have all been barton imo, he made things far worse than they needed to be.

Why not? The club is back to financial stability (I'd assume) and there is money there to spend. Bring Freddy back, let him splash out and spend shitloads of money and take us back to the brink of crisis and administration, then sell the club back on to someone like Ashley to sort it out.

Endless roundabout of doom.

Guest johnson293

We are in s***.

I give up...

:clap: Well said mate, agree with all of that.

You'd imagine it would be common sense to line up a replacement for the twisted devil who has spent the last few months systematically destroying team morale. He has been up for sale for a good while now.

He has but no one wanted to pay a fee. Pardew seemed convinced that unlike Enrique, Joey was keen to give 100% this season so maybe we put a replacement on hold for 12 months while he was still here? That was my reading of the situation.