Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

The rumours about Hughton being too close to the high earners looks like it could be true. Smith, Nolan, Barton & Colo only have a few weeks left until they are out the door. Along with jose, guti and possibly Carrol 

FYP

TBF, only Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll are irreplaceable, the rest of them can go at the right price. Obviously there are some you'd like to keep but for example rumours suggest Liverpool are after Jonas for £8m... :lol:..who wouldn't take that?

Now could be a good time for a fire-sale.

Shake your heed man, we wouldn't be where we are without these players they have got us here not ashley or pardrew.

We have a super thin squad and people are happy to see ?millions feed into ashley and not the squad from outgoing sales

Do you think we will spend 50% of the money we get from sales ?

Same players who took us down as well. They weren't good enough then and aren't now if were honest and why people fear relegation again. Getting Barton off the wage bill isn't top priority for me, like I said Smith needs to be first out of the door, but there are players on our books who's wages don't match their ability, Barton is one of them.

Some seriously funny over-reactions on here. We turn down an enquiry, so that means we're going to sell him? :lol: I know people are generally a little down at the moment but everyone seems to be looking for things that aren't there. Start worrying if we accept an offer.

:thup:

I do think we'll sell him though. :laugh:

I could see it happening but not sure it will. Like you mentioned, his wages are an issue and if we did get offered around £5m, I'd want us to seriously consider it. That's a lot of money for somebody with his injury record (not forgetting his disciplinary record too) and he doesn't exactly have his best years ahead of him either. If, and that's a big if, it was to be reinvested on a replacement, I don't think I'd be that concerned about him leaving.

I like Barton and would prefer him to stay but I have to admit that I'd be tempted to let him go if the price was right.

Some seriously funny over-reactions on here. We turn down an enquiry, so that means we're going to sell him? :lol: I know people are generally a little down at the moment but everyone seems to be looking for things that aren't there. Start worrying if we accept an offer.

By the sheer fact McKay's issued that means we haven't issued a 'hands off, he's not for sale' stance, which in turn means once we receive an acceptable offer he WILL be away.

Worst week ever TBH.

Absurd to get rid of our best player by far.  I don't much like the guy, but I respect his traditional ability to pass the ball to a teammate, something all too lacking for the last several years.

Bold statement. I can think of four or five players I'd class as better than Barton in their respective positions.

It'll boil Ashleys blood that we still have players on mega wages. I think Pardew's brief will be at least to move out a few of the likes of Smith, Barton and Colo come January.

The rumours about Hughton being too close to the high earners looks like it could be true. Smith, Nolan, Barton & Colo only have a few weeks left until they are out the door. Along with jose, guti and possibly Carrol 

FYP

TBF, only Jose Enrique and Andy Carroll are irreplaceable, the rest of them can go at the right price. Obviously there are some you'd like to keep but for example rumours suggest Liverpool are after Jonas for £8m... :lol:..who wouldn't take that?

Shake your heed man, we wouldn't be where we are without these players they have got us here not ashley or pardrew.

We have a super thin squad and people are happy to see ?millions feed into ashley and not the squad from outgoing sales

Same players who took us down as well. They weren't good enough then and aren't now if were honest and why people fear relegation again. Getting Barton off the wage bill isn't top priority for me, like I said Smith needs to be first out of the door, but there are players on our books who's wages don't match their ability, Barton is one of them.

Yeah i agree with that, but to say we religated because of the players is mad (it was part there fault). We got religated because Ashley gambled and it blew up in his face.

Hughton and the very same players got us up with a 102 points, undefeated at home all season. They have taken us on to some great win this season against good sides.

BTW i agree about smith but he aint gong anywhere until his contract is up

Guest NewBoyPeetah

It's good to see us trning this down, the impact of loosing Barton on the way we play football can't be overstated. He's pivotal to all that is good about how we can play.

I wouldn't blame him for wanting away and I'm sure MA wants rid of the bigger contracts, Barton being one of those.

FYP

Yeah i agree with that, but to say we religated because of the players is mad (it was part there fault). We got religated because Ashley gambled and it blew up in his face.

Hughton and the very same players got us up with a 102 points, undefeated at home all season. They have taken us on to some great win this season against good sides.

We got primotion because of the boys, and religated because of the boys. We plied well and difended like troopers all season. Unfortunatelty we sacked Chris Highton and installed Alin Pirdew as manager.

FYP

We got primotion because of the boys, and religated because of the boys. We plied well and difended like troopers all season. Unfortunatelty we sacked Chris Highton and installed Alin Pirdew as manager.

We got religated because ashley fucked up resulting in the dominos falling tbf

What price would be acceptable assuming he is going?, £3m seems ridiculously low to me. Double it and it begins to sound a bit better.

Zip because who will replace him ?

If we get a player of similar ilk and then sell (never going to happen) then maybe 4-6m (fits tin hat)

What price would be acceptable assuming he is going?, £3m seems ridiculously low to me. Double it and it begins to sound a bit better.

Zip because who will replace him ?

If we get a player of similar ilk and then sell (never going to happen) then maybe 4-6m (fits tin hat)

certainly not!  his price tag in no way reflects his ability.  It reflects his history.  We will never find a player of his ability for the bargain basement prices Ashley is looking for.  might as well keep him, because we are almost certainly not going to get better

Guest Heneage

Ahh Mckay, the epitome of class and honesty.

I believe West Ham made an offer, but why would Barton really want to go there, near the bottom, having all the hallmarks of a side already down mentally and a reduced wage from his current deal.

As for 5-6 calls, I'd be amazed if any of those are higher in the league than us, had he not punched MGP I'd agree but that destroyed any credibility he'd built from the start of the season. I don't think he'll go personally I just think with all the events of this week it now appears more believable.

FYP

Diminoes :lol:

FYP

Say for a second we buy in to Ashley's dream of running us on the cheap and what the club makes we can spend (no initial outlay) then offers for our highest earners are going to be tempting. Once they are gone the club has more money to operate in the market and the sooner they are gone the more money long term.

Barton isn't irreplaceable imo, Colo out of the high earners is the one where it splits me, but before this season started i'd have taken anything north of £5m for him (and I still think he's a £40k defender at best rather than the £80k we pay him) We have to face facts about what's happening, and really I'd rather see players like Barton, Smith and Nolan sold to balance the books than a big bid for Andy Carroll, a player we can build a team around and represents some hope for a future for us.

I also believe Ashley wont gamble again with relegation. I do think we'll get some funds regardless of sales because by the time this month has ended we'll be right down there with the worst, one or two well placed signings and it changes for us.

No one likes Ashley, no one wants to see the club sell top players or operate a sell to buy policy but right now its happening, and we really just have to hope Pardew and Ashley don't take the easy option in selling Carroll to finance a rebuild, but get the top earners and those not good enough (Perch, Best & Xisco) out of the door first and build around our strengths.

It's a big ask, but its the only hope I've got that we'll see light at the end of all this, and for now I'm gonna stick with it. I've gone through it all this week, I'm sure everyone has, hate, disgust, fear, apathy, let's hope for a bit Ashley does have a plan and it starts now, his job is to get the club fully financially stable and dependant while having a team worthy of the prem on the pitch then someone who has ambition to restore us in full decides to take us off his hands and we can get back to being at the top again.

FYP

WHOOOOSH! :lol:

FYP

We got religated because ashley f***ed up resulting in the dominos falling tbf

Diminoes :lol:

Yeah i hd one last night and my spelling is s*** tbf, you still knew what i was aiming at :p

edit for typo(missed the k of knew)