Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Title thread update:

Barton completes medical at QPR. Still thinking over options

?

Why do people insist on title changes? It's a forum people read the threads surely. Not sure about rest of mods but I have better things to do than read all the threads and updating titles as people request lol

god knows if this is true but meh bored

Gkiss100 Gareth kiss

by ToonArmyMIA

Been told Barton has notify the club he is unlikely to sign . Don't know if true or not ! But person normally spot on !!

Hope this is true like.............we'll see. I reckon Barton is going to make a definite decision tonight.

Title thread update:

?

Why do people insist on title changes? It's a forum people read the threads surely. Not sure about rest of mods but I have better things to do than read all the threads and updating titles as people request lol

Sometimes if I'm out I'll refresh the football forum on my phone if I expect some news to happen, don't want to go into each thread for news. I can't be the only one.

god knows if this is true but meh bored

Gkiss100 Gareth kiss

by ToonArmyMIA

Been told Barton has notify the club he is unlikely to sign . Don't know if true or not ! But person normally spot on !!

Hope this is true like.............we'll see. I reckon Barton is going to make a definite decision tonight.

From what he said when interviewed on SSN I don't think he'll be going to QPR.  I've had my medical but that doesn't mean I'll go, I'll probably think it over for a few days...............

Sounds more like hoping for some other club to come in for him.

It's becoming clearer by the minute that Barton used this as a ploy to try and force Ashley & co. to offer him a new deal.

Now that they haven't, he's forced to make a decision that he doesn't want to. It's really blew up in his face.

Title thread update:

?

Sometimes if I'm out I'll refresh the football forum on my phone if I expect some news to happen, don't want to go into each thread for news. I can't be the only one.

Which is fair enough and mods usually change big threads when something changes like say if Barton left, but people request every slight change and response. It's crazy really no idea why people just seem to expect it to happen.

Got a hunch QPR is pretty much a last resort for him. No idea what the mad twat is going to do but I'm sure that going to QPR wasn't on his radar a few months ago.

The fact he's not signed yet despite the medical seems suspicious. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

Title thread update:

?

Which is fair enough and mods usually change big threads when something changes like say if Barton left, but people request every slight change and response. It's crazy really no idea why people just seem to expect it to happen.

For a start tt the thread is wrong he's completed his medical

Ssn had him driving away

Got a hunch QPR is pretty much a last resort for him. No idea what the mad t*** is going to do but I'm sure that going to QPR wasn't on his radar a few months ago.

The fact he's not signed yet despite the medical seems suspicious. 

Indeed.

Guest bimpy474

I think he'll probably still leave but drag it out so we have no time to sign a replacement. He'll do it to spite the club for not giving him his long term contract.

Or maybe he really doesn't want to leave.

Tron, there won't be a replacement regardless of when he leaves.

Maybe not, but I think the £3m saved on his wages could go towards upping bids for other players we are in for. In theory anyway, we won't know until next week for sure.

Guest icemanblue

Whatever he's doing, it hasn't quite gone to plan for him.

Joey, get your daft little arse back up north, and we can forget all about this.

It was on twitter, so take it how you want but:

Barton to QPR has stalled as they wont give him the clause that if they go down he gets released

Fucking hell what a cheek he's got. I wouldn't be surprised if QPR don't withdraw the contract offer like we did.

Seriously, the outside of the stadium does look fucking grim and a half. :lol: Blank out 'Loftus Road Stadium' and I'd have thought it was a feature on 'Grimiest Hospitals of 1950s England.'

Where do we go from here if he actually decides to stay? Burned his bridges pretty effectively.

He's not really burnt them any more than he already had before the season, has he? Can't see there being much of an issue if he did stay with us. I wouldn't be surprised if he had already made up his mind of rejecting before even travelling down there tbh. Cynical I know, but feel this is all some very major ruse on his part.

Guest cr4igora

Couldn't agree more. If you want to find out the latest news, you have to scroll to the back of 500 pages, and work your way back through everyone's posts. If you want to find out what the thread is about, clicking on the first page inevitably leads you to a story from 5 years ago. It's a bit shite IMO. Instead of changing the thread title for something related to a player, why not make a new thread since it's a new story?

Where do we go from here if he actually decides to stay? Burned his bridges pretty effectively.

If I was Pardew I would experiment with line ups without him in any case as I haven't seen any sign yet that the three man midfield is going to work. I can't see Cabaye or Tiote being dropped so that leaves Joey. Maybe it will click against Fulham but Barton hasn't got up and down the right flank enough in the two games against Arsenal and Sunderland which has given the opposition too much control of the midfield.