August 31st - "I predict a riot"

Scottish Mag

One paper listed Dervitte and Cox(i think) as the two we wanted. Prefer Boetang or Dos Santos over untried kids mind.

Dervite was out on loan at Southend for the tail end of last season and did well by all accounts but it's worlds apart from Southend in League 1 to Newcastle in the Championship where every match will be the opposition's Cup Final.  I think he will make the grade eventually after his terrible knee injury but there are plenty on the forums who don't think he will.

As for Sam Cox, i'd say he's nowhere near being ready for you, played a couple of times in the reserves last year from the bench and struggled in the step up in class, all of his other games last season were for the Academy.  He could well make it in time, but not this season imo.

I think the best options for Newcastle would be Bostock (if he's not regularly involved from the bench at Spurs), Dean Parrett (who is regularly performing well) and Danny Rose (who personally I think is well overrated whenever I've seen him).  Newcastle were belatedly in for Livermore who has now gone to Derby, Newcastle missed a trick there, I think he'd do a solid job in the Championship this season, and currently, I would say that was it.  Maybe Ian W has the right idea, throwing in the youngsters and reserves, they won't improve by watching loanees from other clubs getting game time and experience.

Good post. Squad size is a massive concern at the moment, and as much as I want the takeover etc. to go through it might almost be worth O'leary coming in just to get some bodies at the club. Problem is I can't see Ashley hiring him if he'll ever do anything Ashley doesn't want. We're in a bit of a pickle.

Still think we'll go up mind :lol:

I think we will go up if we sign a decent striker but we aren't going to get one of the calibre we need on loan, so I think this will be Ashley's major f*** up this season and it will cost him millions.

I'm not convinced that many, if any, loan signings will really give you the quality you need irrespective of the position.  I don't know who Newcastle have got coming through the Academy and reserves (other than those I've seen in international matches), but there seem to be a few with good potential.  But will signing loan players be any better than throwing your youngsters in at the deep end?   I'm not convinced.   It's been reported that Newcastle might want to make a couple of loan signings from Spurs.   Bostock, Rose and Parrett could be contenders, but Bostock apart, they are still pretty raw, I don't think they would necessarily do much for the squad other than beef up the numbers.   More experienced players, like Chimbonda for example, we're looking to sell, not loan. 

I just get the feeling that Ashley has left the 'loan players option'  too long and the better ones have already found a temporary home.

As I don't believe for one second that we will be signing any new striker, on loan or otherwise, I think the only chance we have of scoring enough goals to stay in the promotion race is if Nile Ranger gets games and makes an immediate impact. There is also Xisco who is an unknown quantity assuming he gets considered, but if we are expecting Carroll and Ameobi to score us the goals I'm pretty sure we will fail.

One paper listed Dervitte and Cox(i think) as the two we wanted. Prefer Boetang or Dos Santos over untried kids mind.

Dervite was out on loan at Southend for the tail end of last season and did well by all accounts but it's worlds apart from Southend in League 1 to Newcastle in the Championship where every match will be the opposition's Cup Final.   I think he will make the grade eventually after his terrible knee injury but there are plenty on the forums who don't think he will.

Bloke I work with is a Southend fan and he literally wanks over Dervite. I mentioned we might get him in on loan and he responded by saying we'd be a good outside bet to win the World Cup.

You can't riot now,..

:lol:

NUFC Backs 'Enjoy The Match' Campaign

Football League campaign aims to promote family-friendly atmosphere at SJP

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1752005,00.html

Tossers.

Agreed with you at first but it is just limited to the family areas isn't it? If so, fuck all wrong with it imo.

If it was throughout the entire stadium I'd imagine the very idea of it would spark a riot!

I would honestly rather just throw in the reserves and the youngsters, give them a chance. Let's face it, on the evidence of the West Brom match we aren't going down again, so let's see what happens.

Tbf I didn't expect we'd go down after the opening game last season. :no:

Careful. Some nutters on here blame the protests at last seasons hull game for the clubs decline, whilst conveniently forgetting the reasons why there was any protest in the first place.

If we had got a point in that game we would be in the premier league right now.

Guest Heneage

Careful. Some nutters on here blame the protests at last seasons hull game for the clubs decline, whilst conveniently forgetting the reasons why there was any protest in the first place.

Can I assume you were one of the idiots protesting ?

You've obviously never watched Back To The Future have you.

Good post. Squad size is a massive concern at the moment, and as much as I want the takeover etc. to go through it might almost be worth O'leary coming in just to get some bodies at the club. Problem is I can't see Ashley hiring him if he'll ever do anything Ashley doesn't want. We're in a bit of a pickle.

Still think we'll go up mind :lol:

I think we will go up if we sign a decent striker but we aren't going to get one of the calibre we need on loan, so I think this will be Ashley's major f*** up this season and it will cost him millions.

I'm not convinced that many, if any, loan signings will really give you the quality you need irrespective of the position.  I don't know who Newcastle have got coming through the Academy and reserves (other than those I've seen in international matches), but there seem to be a few with good potential.  But will signing loan players be any better than throwing your youngsters in at the deep end?  I'm not convinced.  It's been reported that Newcastle might want to make a couple of loan signings from Spurs.  Bostock, Rose and Parrett could be contenders, but Bostock apart, they are still pretty raw, I don't think they would necessarily do much for the squad other than beef up the numbers.  More experienced players, like Chimbonda for example, we're looking to sell, not loan. 

I just get the feeling that Ashley has left the 'loan players option'  too long and the better ones have already found a temporary home.

As I don't believe for one second that we will be signing any new striker, on loan or otherwise, I think the only chance we have of scoring enough goals to stay in the promotion race is if Nile Ranger gets games and makes an immediate impact. There is also Xisco who is an unknown quantity assuming he gets considered, but if we are expecting Carroll and Ameobi to score us the goals I'm pretty sure we will fail.

None of those I mentioned are strikers, Bostock (attacking MF), Dean Parrett (box to box MF), Danny Rose (LM) though I guess Bostock could play as a 2nd striker if needs be.  Those 3, generally speaking, provide the ammunition for the strikers.

Dervite was out on loan at Southend for the tail end of last season and did well by all accounts but it's worlds apart from Southend in League 1 to Newcastle in the Championship where every match will be the opposition's Cup Final.  I think he will make the grade eventually after his terrible knee injury but there are plenty on the forums who don't think he will.

Bloke I work with is a Southend fan and he literally wanks over Dervite. I mentioned we might get him in on loan and he responded by saying we'd be a good outside bet to win the World Cup.

I don't doubt he played well for them but Championship football is a big step up from playing for Southend.  Dervite was out for nearly 18 months before joining Southend.  His knee was literally rebuilt, there were genuine concerns for the first couple of days when amputation was discussed, even if as a last resort, it really was that serious.  Maybe the biggest surprise is that he has got himself back into contention again.

True, but the same goes for many other games where there were no protests. We were on the end of bad results because of our lack of quality, not because the fans shouted a few naughty chants.

Kezman, i did take part in the protests and don't regret a bit of it. I wasn't as vociferous as some however. What should i have done? Watch Ashley and Co wreck the club and turn up as though nowt's happened? Regardless of where you stand on the Keegan affair, surely you can see this lot have shown their true colours since.