Damien Duff signs for Fulham, fee undisclosed

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

Have a feeling the offer is from Hull. They are obviously looking to strengthen the left wing as they have Jerome Thomas on trial 2 weeks ago but didn't sign him.

4m? That is a fantastic offer for him. Would bite their arm off. Don't see why someone like Lua Lua can't offer what Duff does. Duff a proven has been premiership relegation standard player versus an up and coming unproven player playing against championship teams. Plus we get 4m for him and his crazy wages off the bill. Fuck yeah.

Guest Stephen927

Have a feeling the offer is from Hull. They are obviously looking to strengthen the left wing as they have Jerome Thomas on trial 2 weeks ago but didn't sign him.

And signing Stephen Hunt does what exactly?

Ends any possibility that they are the club who have offered us £4m for Duff?

:lol:

When's his contract up?

Someone probably already responded, but it's June 2011, according to nufc.com

I can't see any good PL club wanting him, so it's probably one of the promoted, and I can't see any of them matching the wages he's at here. What's the incentive for him to leave? And to a club that is likely to go down at that?

At this point he's also one of the few players to bring any sort of pace to our team. 60k or not, if we have a team without pace we'll be lucky to stay up. And the odds of getting a replacement in if we sell him aren't too good.

As good as gone IMO.

We have little choice but to sell given our situation.

Quite how we will replace the players that are leaving i'm not sure. Duff, Jonas, Colo, Enrique, Taylor, Butt, Barton, Nolan and Smith will all be subject to bids over the next couple of weeks, whilst I wont be gutted to see some of those out the door, I will be gutted to see no one coming in replacing them.

We are in a world of trouble if things dont turn around over the weekend.

And signing Stephen Hunt does what exactly?

Ends any possibility that they are the club who have offered us £4m for Duff?

Guest Magpie007

the club can not afford the wage bill blah blah - he will tear this league apart and will create chances and score goals no chance of going back up if all we are worried about is the wage bill. If the fat t*** took the offer on the table would not be his concern anway. Look foward to many years in the fizzy pop thats if we do not go down again.

Damien Duff. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you even watched him for the last few years in our strip?

To be fair we didn't play in the Championship for the last few years..

Is he going to try harder against worse opposition or something?

No he's going to be better against worse opposition, because, well... they're worse :lol:  Its not difficult like Dave :)

Hit the nail on the head

Thing is, as things stand - whilst Duff's probably our best left-winger, he's probably our second best 'striker' aswell. I'd have him upfront off Carroll at the weekend anyway. Ranger and Lua Lua are complete and utter unknown quantities and if Duff goes, they're either gonna turn out shit - or be alright but end up injured at some point. Then what? We'd struggle with injuries at the moment, never mind after more departures.

I just don't think we can afford to lose him at all. And to be honest, until the takeover (or the managerial situation, at the very least), is resolved - i don't think we have any expendable assets in the playing staff*. We're gonna struggle naming substitues at this rate.

*Maybe at CM, but then that's the only position we've got a bit of depth, which is required for promotion. I'd probably fuck Butt off before anyone if i was pushed.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Good offer and we can go 'ooh look how much is off the wage bill' but we'll be losing a player who will make a huge difference in the championship.

Guest Magpie007

duff is one of the few players we have with experience at this level as well - we had not gone down i'd say sell him who have we got on our books to replace him? Cos unless someone buys the club in the next 24 hrs or so we may be forced to go on the rest of the season with the players we have with more heading for the door.

I just can't see why any more players would be allowed to be sold unless Ashley is definitely 100% leaving. If he's planning to stay then surely he knows there isnt enough time to replace all of these players now. The only logical reason I can see is that it would help the sale. If Ashley stays and he sells more players then we are gonna really struggle and the value of the club will go down even more.

ashley will sell all high wage player to balance the wage bill.

then put aside the club to concentrate his own business.

Promotion? He doesnt care. Because all fans are dislike him. He know that.

you will never see Ashley in SJP and newcastle never get promotion in next 100 years. It is a revenge. He will be the winner against us until he dead. :snod:

Thing is, as things stand - whilst Duff's probably our best left-winger, he's probably our second best 'striker' aswell. I'd have him upfront off Carroll at the weekend anyway. Ranger and Lua Lua are complete and utter unknown quantities and if Duff goes, they're either gonna turn out shit - or be alright but end up injured at some point. Then what? We'd struggle with injuries at the moment, never mind after more departures.

I just don't think we can afford to lose him at all. And to be honest, until the takeover (or the managerial situation, at the very least), is resolved - i don't think we have any expendable assets in the playing staff*. We're gonna struggle naming substitues at this rate.

*Maybe at CM, but then that's the only position we've got a bit of depth, which is required for promotion. I'd probably fuck Butt off before anyone if i was pushed.

Duff is a known shite quantity though?

Duff is a known shite quantity though?

In the Premiership, yeah.

yeah, let's repeat last season's mistakes by selling more and more players until we get relegated again.

We need Duff, simple as that.

Repeat and repeat again and again until it sinks in.

YOU CANT RETAIN PLAYERS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WHO ARE ON OR ABOVE 25k A WEEK.  DUFF IS ON A REPORTED 60k ISH.  IT WILL CRIPPLE THE CLUB

FFS.

yeah, let's repeat last season's mistakes by selling more and more players until we get relegated again.

YOU CANT RETAIN PLAYERS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP WHO ARE ON OR ABOVE 25k A WEEK.  DUFF IS ON A REPORTED 60k ISH.  IT WILL CRIPPLE THE CLUB

FFS.

Meanwhile having a squad of about 16 players is a sure-fire way to survival.

It won't cripple the club if we get promoted.

FFS.

Meanwhile having a squad of about 16 players is a sure-fire way to survival.

Its risky to gamble though. You're gambling with the club's future if we don't win promotion.

Take the money in this case.

and if we dont?

Well if that's the way of thinking i'll put my white y-fronts on a stick cos there's no point at all.

I think there's a slim but very possible chance of promotion at the moment.

Still amazes me that people think that's why we got relegated.  Because we sold a sulky tit who barely played and contributed nothing when he did, a hard working winger with no end product and a goal keeper.  We're already repeating the mistake that got us relegated last season, which is fucking about trying to sell the club with Hughton in charge.

and if we dont?

Well if that's the way of thinking i'll put my white y-fronts on a stick cos there's no point at all.

I think there's a slim but very possible chance of promotion at the moment.

And you're willing to bet the club's future on that chance?

Still amazes me that people think that's why we got relegated.  Because we sold a sulky tit who barely played and contributed nothing when he did, a hard working winger with no end product and a goal keeper.

Milner's got no end product? Fuck me. :rolleyes: