So say we got offered £4m for Smith

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

Considering we bought him for £6m I think it would be a good deal, and we'd get him off the wage bill.

Simply can't afford to keep going on with players on huge wages who aren't scoring 6 goals each per game, it simply doesn't make sense from a business perspective. It's not even as though we can safely say that these high earners are going to get us back into the top flight, most are dire, one good game against West Brom doesn't change anything.

Considering we bought him for £6m I think it would be a good deal, and we'd get him off the wage bill.

Simply can't afford to keep going on with players on huge wages who aren't scoring 6 goals each per game, it simply doesn't make sense from a business perspective. It's not even as though we can safely say that these high earners are going to get us back into the top flight, most are dire, one good game against West Brom doesn't change anything.

TO be fair West Brom is probably the best we'll come up against in the championship

Guest Stephen927

TO be fair West Brom is probably the best we'll come up against in the championship

True, but can he keep up that level of performance over the next 45 league games?

It annoys me how Shearer wanted to keep the crown jewels i.e. the likes of Smith, Bassong, Taylor, Beye, Duff and Martins but if Duff goes then that only leaves Smith and Taylor which is sad in a way.

But the best thing about this summer is that we've managed to keep Smith and Taylor up till now. Bassong was always likely to move on and Beye couldn't turn down European football.

It annoys me how Shearer wanted to keep the crown jewels i.e. the likes of Smith, Bassong, Taylor, Beye, Duff and Martins but if Duff goes then that only leaves Smith and Taylor which is sad in a way.

But the best thing about this summer is that we've managed to keep Smith and Taylor up till now. Bassong was always likely to move on and Beye couldn't turn down European football.

The crown jewels. :lol:

Guest neesy111

tbf, if got rid of colocini, and smith

the wage bill would then be at an acceptable amount for a new owner, it would be around £35 million, which is still staggering considering the size of the squad

it could be we have to sell to get the takeover to happen, and then we would be able to bring in bodies

the wage bill would then be at an acceptable amount for a new owner, it would be around £35 million, which is still staggering considering the size of the squad

it could be we have to sell to get the takeover to happen, and then we would be able to bring in bodies

If we could get Colo off the wage bill and get a solid defender in then that would be good business.

Smith is irreplaceable though, unless you're willing to spend millions, which we aren't in the position to do. And clubs like Forest have struggled getting defenders in, so maybe its best to stick with Colo unless we have someone lined up.

Guest neesy111

If we could get Colo off the wage bill and get a solid defender in then that would be good business.

Smith is irreplaceable though, unless you're willing to spend millions, which we aren't in the position to do. And clubs like Forest have struggled getting defenders in, so maybe its best to stick with Colo unless we have someone lined up.

ireplaceable haha, just off 1 good game in over 2 years at the club  :facepalm:

he's on 4 million a year and we have plenty of cover in midfield

also remember it could be either sell, or eventually go into administration

We do??

Guest neesy111

We do??

CM yes, butt, guthrie, nolan, geremi and vuckic could play if needed

I'm aware of the finances mate but he's one player i'd really hope to keep.

In terms of the cover you mention, i'd rather let Barton, Nolan and Butt go.

Guest neesy111

i agree, but we aren't likely to receive offer's for them though

Are you always wrong?

Definitely not...and I cannot believe I'm saying it.

Our squad is already paper thin and given our current circumstances and players at the club Alan Smith is one of the players we need to be clinging onto.

He may not be excellent but he sure as hell gives it his all - and he has still got the legs at this level.

Still a bit of a liability as far as I'm concerned. He's going to get sent off in one of these games and leave us in the s***.

Yeah, what an idiot Ferguson was not to sell that liability Roy Keane years before he did. After all, he got sent off every season.

Still a bit of a liability as far as I'm concerned. He's going to get sent off in one of these games and leave us in the s***.

Yeah, what an idiot Ferguson was not to sell that liability Roy Keane years before he did. After all, he got sent off every season.

Fantastic comparison