Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Geordiekev

he's at least a real winger

Can someone photoshop Ryan Taylor's head onto Pinocchio's body saying 'I'm a real winger.'?   :lol:

:pow: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/GeordieBoB/pinocchiotaylor.gif

Fair point, I'm surprised you're think he shouldn't be criticised should he leave though. I don't see why he couldn't just roll he sleeves up and get on with the challenge at hand, then reconsider his future in January or May if circumstances remain similar. England in the near future is a no go tbh.

Same as Shay Given, whose chance to go to a club going places came up and I don't blame him for grabbing it when he knew it might have gone by the summer. People mocked him "haha you're out the UEFA Cup, what a mug" well now we're in the Championship and Given will have a Premiership winners medal within three years so who's laughing?

If we start to struggle in the CCC, and there's every chance, Taylor's stock will fall and he might not have a club as big as Everton come in for him again. Like Bassong, like Beye, I think he'd stay if the club wasn't being run into the ground but it is and why should he sacrifice his big opportunity to play for a club which is actively attempting to destroy itself?

For years he's promoted himself as Mr Newcastle United, he now has a chance to prove it somewhat.

If he believes he's good enough to play for England, surely he believes the top teams will still be in for him in a year when he's had an excellent season in the championship.

Given was nearly 33 when he left, Taylor is 23. Disagree massively with the bit in bold btw, absolutely no chance whatsoever of that happening.

He might well believe that - he doesn't know it though. He also doesn't know what else is going to happen between now and September 1st - if Ashley continues to asset strip, it might not matter how excellent Taylor is, if he's playing with the bairns and we're getting walloped every week, he's not going to be subject of bids from anyone in the Premiership.

As for the bit in bold, that's a ludicrous comment to make. No chance whatsoever? They've got unlimited funds man! Did you say the same about Chelsea?

Chelsea had an infintely better manager tbh and the spine of the team already in place. City need to find their Terry and Lampard, players with that ability and mentality don't grow on trees, no matter how much cash you chuck around.

It's not that I don't think City have a chance to win the league btw, I just think that by the time they're in that position, Given will have been replaced by a better keeper.

Ranieri infinitely better? If Hughes doesn't do the business, they'll just bin him and get someone from the continent on massive wedge exactly the same as Chelsea did.

They won't replace Shay either, he's world class.

Fair point, I'm surprised you're think he shouldn't be criticised should he leave though. I don't see why he couldn't just roll he sleeves up and get on with the challenge at hand, then reconsider his future in January or May if circumstances remain similar. England in the near future is a no go tbh.

Same as Shay Given, whose chance to go to a club going places came up and I don't blame him for grabbing it when he knew it might have gone by the summer. People mocked him "haha you're out the UEFA Cup, what a mug" well now we're in the Championship and Given will have a Premiership winners medal within three years so who's laughing?

If we start to struggle in the CCC, and there's every chance, Taylor's stock will fall and he might not have a club as big as Everton come in for him again. Like Bassong, like Beye, I think he'd stay if the club wasn't being run into the ground but it is and why should he sacrifice his big opportunity to play for a club which is actively attempting to destroy itself?

For years he's promoted himself as Mr Newcastle United, he now has a chance to prove it somewhat.

If he believes he's good enough to play for England, surely he believes the top teams will still be in for him in a year when he's had an excellent season in the championship.

Given was nearly 33 when he left, Taylor is 23. Disagree massively with the bit in bold btw, absolutely no chance whatsoever of that happening.

He might well believe that - he doesn't know it though. He also doesn't know what else is going to happen between now and September 1st - if Ashley continues to asset strip, it might not matter how excellent Taylor is, if he's playing with the bairns and we're getting walloped every week, he's not going to be subject of bids from anyone in the Premiership.

As for the bit in bold, that's a ludicrous comment to make. No chance whatsoever? They've got unlimited funds man! Did you say the same about Chelsea?

Chelsea had an infintely better manager tbh and the spine of the team already in place. City need to find their Terry and Lampard, players with that ability and mentality don't grow on trees, no matter how much cash you chuck around.

It's not that I don't think City have a chance to win the league btw, I just think that by the time they're in that position, Given will have been replaced by a better keeper.

Ranieri infinitely better? If Hughes doesn't do the business, they'll just bin him and get someone from the continent on massive wedge exactly the same as Chelsea did.

Ranierri is a top class manager, tbh.

Given isn't world class either. Never has been, doesn't command his box enough to be considered world class.

he's at least a real winger

Can someone photoshop Ryan Taylor's head onto Pinocchio's body saying 'I'm a real winger.'?   :lol:

:pow: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/GeordieBoB/pinocchiotaylor.gif

Quality  :mackems:

Ranieri? I was talking about the manager who lead them to success and the players already there that helped form the spine of the team.

Shay will last 2 seasons and they'll replace him. He's all about shotstopping (as we know) and that wont last long past 34.

They wont win the league this season or next, they're too far behind Chelsea and Liverpool

Guest torontoon

Finally figured out what's going on with the take-over. Here's the scenario - Moat and the fat man get together - says "Sorry Mike I can only come up with 60m"

Ok says Mike. tell what I'll tell what I'll do - I'll sell as many of the players as I can and pocket the proceeds. I figure that's worth about 40m - that plus your 60m equals 100m, just what I was looking for.

Hence the sale of all the players so far and several to come.

Guest Heneage

Mackem just told me this as I'm in town proper proper gutted first player I'd genuinely be gutted to see leave any word if a fees been agreed?

Guest Geordiekev

Mackem just told me this as I'm in town proper proper gutted first player I'd genuinely be gutted to see leave any word if a fees been agreed?

No fee mentioned nor has it been mentioned yet that its official, SSN ran with it earlier (sources close to sky) on the TV but stopped no sooner than it went to air, It is howether still on their website that NUFC (not the player) are in talks with Everton.

Tomorrow will tell I guess.. :facepalm:

One sale too far for me, and it may well be for a lot of fans, I except the heat to be turned up considerably on Ashley once this one goes through. It also signals clearly that there is not immenent sale as no way in hell would Moat give this his blessing unless it's the only way he could afford to buy the club, unlikely though.

Guest Heneage

I'd love him if he turned them down.

I can see him asking to be told the score with the sale of the club and basing it on that. If he stays he will be considered a true Geordie legend for ever in my opinion, as he stuck with us so to speak, he's the only I won't begrudge a move because he hasn't been whoring himself out like others.

I just hope he stays like.

Ranieri? I was talking about the manager who lead them to success and the players already there that helped form the spine of the team.

Exactly, Ranieri was there when Abramovich took over. City will just bin Hughes like Chelsea did Ranieri when it becomes necessary so just saying "the manager's not as good" is pretty short sighted.

Exactly, Ranieri was there when Abramovich took over. City will just bin Hughes like Chelsea did Ranieri when it becomes necessary so just saying "the manager's not as good" is pretty short sighted.

How long down the line wil Hughes be replaced though? Success will take time for City, that's my point. And by that time, Shay will be older than 35, with ailing reflexes and agility, then what's he left with? Nothing world class, that's for sure.

He isn't a world class goalkeeper and by the time City are in a position to win the league, Shay will be gone or on the bench.