Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

Better hope Shola hits a dry spell between now and the end of August because if he carries on like this for the next three games, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a Hull, Wolves or Birmingham take the gamble, safe in the knowledge Ashley will take whatever's offered to him.

Never thought I'd see the day I was hoping we wouldn't sell Shola Ameobi, Jesus f***ing Christ man.

Hull to put a bid in is a stick on..

Guest Wally_McFool

I do believe that silly bastard Ashley thinks he can stay, continue to sell players, and that the team will stay in contention for promotion and that 40,000+ mugs will keep attending games regardless.

If Barry Moat or whoever are considering buying the club, why oh fucking why do they not put their foot down against this deal and stop this fat cunt.

(I've answered my own question there, haven't I!)

Moat can't do anything, because Ashley holds all of the cards. With regards to a replacement for Taylor, it'll be some young kid on loan or the likes of Sol Campbell (on a free) No way on gods earth Ashley will pay a fee for a player and lets face it, who the hell would want to come here permanently at the moment as it is?

Better hope Shola hits a dry spell between now and the end of August because if he carries on like this for the next three games, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a Hull, Wolves or Birmingham take the gamble, safe in the knowledge Ashley will take whatever's offered to him.

Never thought I'd see the day I was hoping we wouldn't sell Shola Ameobi, Jesus f***ing Christ man.

Hull to put a bid in is a stick on..

I think Shola is the only one that wouldn't actually leave even if SJP was wiped out by an Atomic Bomb.

I do believe that silly bastard Ashley thinks he can stay, continue to sell players, and that the team will stay in contention for promotion and that 40,000+ mugs will keep attending games regardless.

If Barry Moat or whoever are considering buying the club, why oh fucking why do they not put their foot down against this deal and stop this fat cunt.

It might be safe to assume that there will be no sale.

The way things stand, even if we were to get promotion (and I doubt it), the investment that would now be required to even manage beating Derby's record is far too much for either the fat leech or any potential owner.

The phrase "it's set us back x years" is overused in football but Ashley really has destroyed any chance of the club even managing to compete in the top half of the Premiership for at least five or ten years.

I do believe that silly b****** Ashley thinks he can stay, continue to sell players, and that the team will stay in contention for promotion and that 40,000+ mugs will keep attending games regardless.

If Barry Moat or whoever are considering buying the club, why oh f***ing why do they not put their foot down against this deal and stop this fat c***.

Maybe Moat wants to reduce the wage bill too and has his approval.. it's merely a thought.  We all have no idea whats going on tbh.  Until a takeover happens we don't know if Ashley is being completely reckless or not.

Mildly surprised he's still actually here tbh. As one of the most 'valuable' assets we had he was always going to go.....or did people genuinely expect him to stay?

I might have got it all wrong and he's being sold against his wishes but it happens every year when teams go down, the better players get plucked out - normally for less than their true worth. He's a good defender at this level and if he goes then it'll be a big blow to bouncing back first time.

The only upside to this is that his fee may just reduce the overdraft enough to convince Barclays to back Moat in his takeover? :dontknow:

If he goes then obviously someone else needs to come in. Whoever does eventually come in needs to be supported as do the rest of them. Now more so than ever.

I find it pathetic, that I am disappointeed that Steven Taylor might leave this club. Same with Duff. The fact that I am saddened by their departures show we have really fallen. I expected the actually talented players to leave, but you'd expect these type boys top stay.

edit:Midds I truly did expect someone connected to the club like Taylor to stay one year in the Championship to try and bring us back. He isn't Oba or Bassong, he grew up here.

No we'll see how much he loves the club, now we'll see if he's the loyal supporter he claims he is. We need him more than ever at the minute and he knows it.

Think, what would you do in his shoes, would you abandon the club you've supported all your life, a club that needs you and could well be back in the premier league next season or would you leave them in the shit? I think we'd all do the first one. We'll see if he's a plastic supporter now wont we, if he isnt and he truely loves the club unlike the likes of Beye, Bassong etc. Who have no real connections to the club or area like Taylor has he'll stay for at least another year.

I will have aboslutely no time for him if he goes, none at all. He's nowhere near the level of the england squad yet and he's still young so its not as if 1 season in the 2nd tier will damage his career much.

Was never a fan of his when we were in the Premiership but over the last six months he does actually seem to have really matured. Still prone to the odd moment of insanity but he seems to have finally realised what it's all about. He would have been vital for us at this level, plus he does actually care.

No we'll see how much he loves the club, now we'll see if he's the loyal supporter he claims he is. We need him more than ever at the minute and he knows it.

Think, what would you do in his shoes, would you abandon the club you've supported all your life, a club that needs you and could well be back in the premier league next season or would you leave them in the shit? I think we'd all do the first one. We'll see if he's a plastic supporter now wont we, if he isnt and he truely loves the club unlike the likes of Beye, Bassong etc. Who have no real connections to the club or area like Taylor has he'll stay for at least another year.

I will have aboslutely no time for him if he goes, none at all. He's nowhere near the level of the england squad yet and he's still young so its not as if 1 season in the 2nd tier will damage his career much.

Fuck's sake man. Aye he's much better off hoying his career down the toilet at a football club in its death throes. I'm disgusted Messi's not still playing for his village team in Argentina, the fucking CUNT.

We've sold far better players than Steven Taylor in the past as well btw. So even in our current plight anyone who has "had enough" because of this is welcome to go as far as I am concerned.

Think, what would you do in his shoes, would you abandon the club you've supported all your life, a club that needs you and could well be back in the premier league next season or would you leave them in the s***? I think we'd all do the first one. We'll see if he's a plastic supporter now wont we, if he isnt and he truely loves the club unlike the likes of Beye, Bassong etc. Who have no real connections to the club or area like Taylor has he'll stay for at least another year.

f***'s sake man. Aye he's much better off hoying his career down the toilet at a football club in its death throes. I'm disgusted Messi's not still playing for his village team in Argentina, the f***ing c***.

He's hardley throwing his career down the toilet at all. He wasnt fantastic last season, infact he was far from it. He is nowhere near the level of the england squad at the minute. One season in the championship isnt going to fuck his career is it ffs.

This is yet another depressingly inevitable by-product of where we are at the moment.

Others have said it better: but you can't blame the lad for moving on and preserving his chances of an England career.

This is yet further evidence of just how things will get worse before they get better.

Think, what would you do in his shoes, would you abandon the club you've supported all your life, a club that needs you and could well be back in the premier league next season or would you leave them in the s***? I think we'd all do the first one. We'll see if he's a plastic supporter now wont we, if he isnt and he truely loves the club unlike the likes of Beye, Bassong etc. Who have no real connections to the club or area like Taylor has he'll stay for at least another year.

f***'s sake man. Aye he's much better off hoying his career down the toilet at a football club in its death throes. I'm disgusted Messi's not still playing for his village team in Argentina, the f***ing c***.

He's hardley throwing his career down the toilet at all. He wasnt fantastic last season, infact he was far from it. He is nowhere near the level of the england squad at the minute. One season in the championship isnt going to fuck his career is it ffs.

He's already been called into the England squad before man. He'll be a lot closer to it at Everton than he will at NUFC. What Premiership club of Everton's calibre is going to come in for him after a season in the Championship with a club who will finish nowhere? This is his big chance.

Guest BooBoo

Utterly pig sick of this, when will this chronic piss take stop?

The canny start we've made this season is a sticking plaster over weeping sores. Come the exit of Taylor, the Argies and probably Enrique and we'll plummet into obscurity or worse.

He'll get found out at Everton, he isn't anywhere near Lescott's league. He wont get his England chance for another 5 years tbh

Were Jagielka or Lescott particularly England-standard before they came to us?

Guest Micktoon

Utterly pig sick of this, when will this chronic piss take stop?

The canny start we've made this season is a sticking plaster over weeping sores. Come the exit of Taylor, the Argies and probably Enrique and we'll plummet into obscurity or worse.

Exactly, I don't usually wish ill on people but I hope ashley meets a slow painful death the cocksucking, motherfucking son of a whore.