Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

Its probably fair to say that neither will get to the Champs League in a hurry.

The Prem now is as bad as the Scottish league ever was.

I firmly believe that Everton have got results WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY above their players ability for the past 4 seasons.

Cahill was a master stroke - unintentional maybe. And Lescott isn't worth a tenth of whats being offered for him. Can't blame him for cashing in though.

:lol:

Why go to everton?  They'll never be right up there.

I predict we'll get into the Champions League again before they ever do.

:facepalm:

To be honest i can't see either team ever getting into the Champs League prior to a Euro league being formed which will render the champs league redundant. I'd think, depending on which league we were in there would be more chance of us being invited to compete in such a league as well, based purely on geography / financial reasoning rather than squad / manager / ability / league position.

Oh I'm not saying that we're gonna get CL and suddenly do well in it, not at all. We don't have the financial muscle to compete at that level, and that's the end of it until we get significantly increased investment.

And your first comment is probably true as well. Non-footballing aspects would probably be taken into consideration more seriously rather than the footballing factors you've mentioned. Sad but true.

Guest sicko2ndbest

When we played Newcastle last year I spoke to Iain Dowie [shearers assistant] and Alan Shearer after the game and they spoke about the team, they were in desperate trouble, Redknapp has been quoted by ESPN as saying .

Iain said if they didnt stay and one player did become available, Sebastien was the player to take.

They couldnt have recommended him any higher. Alan as well. He said, If I stay at the club there is no way Bassong will ever leave. Alan didnt get the job and Bassong was the first person we went for.

And you're saying the above could be the reason for Taylor wanting away?

You're usually a good poster but this is just nonsense man.  :lol:

Thank you for the compliment :)

I am not saying this is the ONLY reason that would be nonsense man :) I am saying that Taylor hearing that if there was one player Dowie and Shearer didnt want to let go if they were in charge it was Bassong, would have probably struck a nerve with Stevie boy!

Sad but true.

That. To infinity. The main reason i'm enjoying the championship at the minute. Sales like this go through though and even that scant reward will be robbed off us.

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

Some people need to look up the meaning of fact. Your opinion is not (never in your case) fact.

Ok when has everton ever been in the champions league? Never  Fact

I stated we would be back in the champions league before they ever would be no matter how long it takes us to sort ourselves out.

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

Some people need to look up the meaning of fact. Your opinion is not (never in your case) fact.

I stated we would be back in the champions league before they ever would be no matter how long it takes us to sort ourselves out.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

And I stated that your opinion is not a fact. Which it isn't. Who's going to win the Premiership this year? Whatever the answer is it's an opinion because it hasn't happened yet.

Are you really this stupid?

“When we played Newcastle last year I spoke to Iain Dowie [shearer’s assistant] and Alan Shearer after the game and they spoke about the team, they were in desperate trouble,” Redknapp has been quoted by ESPN as saying .

“Iain said if they didn’t stay and one player did become available, Sebastien was the player to take.

“They couldn’t have recommended him any higher. Alan as well. He said, ‘If I stay at the club there is no way Bassong will ever leave.’ Alan didn’t get the job and Bassong was the first person we went for.”

I meant quotes of Shearer talking to Harry Redknapp, or are we meant to take what that man says as gospel truth !

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

And I stated that your opinion is not a fact. Which it isn't. Who's going to win the Premiership this year? Whatever the answer is it's an opinion because it hasn't happened yet.

Are you really this stupid?

What's stupid about it?  Everton have not been in the champions league  FACT!

And I believe we will get back there before they ever get there.

Think you're the one that can't read.

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

Reads to me as if you're saying "we'll get into the Champions League again before they ever do - fact"

Guest sicko2ndbest

When we played Newcastle last year I spoke to Iain Dowie [shearers assistant] and Alan Shearer after the game and they spoke about the team, they were in desperate trouble, Redknapp has been quoted by ESPN as saying .

Iain said if they didnt stay and one player did become available, Sebastien was the player to take.

They couldnt have recommended him any higher. Alan as well. He said, If I stay at the club there is no way Bassong will ever leave. Alan didnt get the job and Bassong was the first person we went for.

I meant quotes of Shearer talking to Harry Redknapp, or are we meant to take what that man says as gospel truth !

Gospel truth :)

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

Reads to me as if you're saying "we'll get into the Champions League again before they ever do - fact"

That's just your interpretation to try and back your nothing of an argument.

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

Well that's what I was picking fault with in the first place, if you meant the "fact" was that Everton have never been in the Champions League then so be it - that itself is debatable by the fact they finished 4th.

You still think we've got more chance of getting into the Champions League than Everton in the coming years :lol:

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

so, here we have everton, last years fa cup finalists, in europe again this year, finished 5th in the premiership last year. had a top 4 finish more recently than we have.

then you have us, in the championship, no manager, an owner who doesnt want us, and nobody seemingly willing/capable of buying us, we are selling players hand over fist and signing nobody.

and you think we are a better champions league prospect than them?

have a fucking word man will you, I hope to fuck that everton fans dont read this forum, because this is embarrasing.

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

Well that's what I was picking fault with in the first place, if you meant the "fact" was that Everton have never been in the Champions League then so be it - that itself is debatable by the fact they finished 4th.

You still think we've got more chance of getting into the Champions League than Everton in the coming years :lol:

Yes

If we can get in when Shepherd was at the helm then anything possible. I still feel something great is around the corner for this club even in these uncertain times.

a few quotes from Everton forums

http://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/everton-forum/20575-steven-taylor.html

God no!

This guy handballs, gives away penalties and is generally one of the worst defenders to grace the premiership, he makes poor decisions, is bad at marking and lunges in without thinking.

I do like this quote from one of their posters :lol:

Wouldn't mind Ryan Taylor one bit. Would be a massive improvement on Hibbert.

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

so, here we have everton, last years fa cup finalists, in europe again this year, finished 5th in the premiership last year. had a top 4 finish more recently than we have.

then you have us, in the championship, no manager, an owner who doesnt want us, and nobody seemingly willing/capable of buying us, we are selling players hand over fist and signing nobody.

have a fucking word man will you, I hope to fuck that everton fans dont read this forum, because this is embarrasing.

That's why i'm blessed with the gift of foresight and you're not.

God no!

This guy handballs, gives away penalties and is generally one of the worst defenders to grace the premiership, he makes poor decisions, is bad at marking and lunges in without thinking.

Hibbert must be uber gash.

God no!

Very true.

oh dear.

Why oh dear, it's fact.

have a f***ing word man will you, I hope to f*** that everton fans dont read this forum, because this is embarrasing.

That's why i'm blessed with the gift of foresight and you're not.

:facepalm: