Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

So In theory Taylor could just reject them?

As far as I understand yeah.  Don't all players have that right?  Just because two clubs agree fees doesn't mean the player actually has to move.

Aye, but it isn't as simple as that IMO.

The club want him out for whatever reason, accepting a bid would just reaffirm this fact, so why would you stay at a club where you effectively weren't welcome?

If there was a team in front of you, in the Premiership and Europe, no ownership problems, a proper manager, you could be Monty frigging Magpie and you'd still seriously consider leaving.

Guest Heneage

As far as I understand yeah.  Don't all players have that right?  Just because two clubs agree fees doesn't mean the player actually has to move.

The club want him out for whatever reason, accepting a bid would just reaffirm this fact, so why would you stay at a club where you effectively weren't welcome?

If there was a team in front of you, in the Premiership and Europe, no ownership problems, a proper manager, you could be Monty frigging Magpie and you'd still seriously consider leaving.

Yeah but it's not the Club it's the owners,  Icouldn't find you a fan out there who WANTS taylor to go. He has become a massive fan favourite. His passion his willingness to work hard, and even his leadership qualities for someone so young have made him a key player. The fact that he is the only player with talent who has not to date asked for a move away or tried to engineer a move has only improved his image, he's at the stage now where the boy can do no wrong.

He just comes out every game, and when he's in the gallowgate and he pumps his fists and shouts come on. In a way it feels like one of us is out there, and I don't know if it's relegation or what, but he has seriously become one of my favourite players.

Monty Magpie is leaving? :kasper: :frantic:

FUCKING HELL!!! WILL THIS MADNESS EVER END?

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:weep:

Monty Magpie is leaving? :kasper: :frantic:

Noticed that fucking knacker Monty and his slag (Millie?  Myria?) were fannying on at half time on Wednesday. Hadn't seem them for a while.  Hoped they'd been taken off the wage bill.  That or got caught in an old six-pack holder.

Guest catweasle

Yeah but it's not the Club it's the owners,  Icouldn't find you a fan out there who WANTS taylor to go. He has become a massive fan favourite. His passion his willingness to work hard, and even his leadership qualities for someone so young have made him a key player. The fact that he is the only player with talent who has not to date asked for a move away or tried to engineer a move has only improved his image, he's at the stage now where the boy can do no wrong.

He just comes out every game, and when he's in the gallowgate and he pumps his fists and shouts come on. In a way it feels like one of us is out there, and I don't know if it's relegation or what, but he has seriously become one of my favourite players.

:clap: Well said.

(Regarding the highlighted)  I have come to the conclusion the club (Cashley Llambiarse) may have an axe to grind. Taylor made some of his views known in response to a reporters questions, regarding the shambolic running of the club, in a local press report. 

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/466347/Steven-Taylor-fears-stitch-up-Defender-wants-to-stay-at-troubled-Newcastle.html

STEVEN TAYLOR FEARS STITCH-UP

Defender wants to stay at troubled Newcastle

By MARTIN HARDY, 22/08/2009

NEWCASTLE defender Steven Taylor fears he will be forced out to ease the club's crippling financial problems.

The England Under-21 captain is one of the few saleable players left at St James' Park.

Owner Mike Ashley still wants to boost the Toon's coffers and is prepared to sell Taylor for £8million.

And Taylor, 23, believes a move to Everton is being arranged behind his back.

A source close to the player said: "He feels he is being forced out.

"They are trying to get rid of the kid because they can't get rid of other players. They want to discredit him.

"It's so sad. They are trying to make him look a villain. He is gutted. The kid's been there since he was nine. He loves the club."

Noticed that fucking knacker Monty and his slag (Millie?  Myria?) were fannying on at half time on Wednesday. Hadn't seem them for a while.  Hoped they'd been taken off the wage bill.  That or got caught in an old six-pack holder.

They seemed to come back when that twat Allerdyce was in charge and never left - they're living at St James' under squatter's rights I think.

Guest Geordiekev

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/466347/Steven-Taylor-fears-stitch-up-Defender-wants-to-stay-at-troubled-Newcastle.html

STEVEN TAYLOR FEARS STITCH-UP

Defender wants to stay at troubled Newcastle

By MARTIN HARDY, 22/08/2009

NEWCASTLE defender Steven Taylor fears he will be forced out to ease the club's crippling financial problems.

The England Under-21 captain is one of the few saleable players left at St James' Park.

Owner Mike Ashley still wants to boost the Toon's coffers and is prepared to sell Taylor for £8million.

And Taylor, 23, believes a move to Everton is being arranged behind his back.

A source close to the player said: "He feels he is being forced out.

"They are trying to get rid of the kid because they can't get rid of other players. They want to discredit him.

"It's so sad. They are trying to make him look a villain. He is gutted. The kid's been there since he was nine. He loves the club."

If this was the case then every fucking one of us should stand in his corner and fight for the lad, I'm not one for stupid protests but when he is blatently being shit on by those toss pots then a stance has to be taken in some manner.

Suspected this might be the case. For some reason the club appears to be desperate to sell players and Taylor is one of the remaining who would get a lot of interest at the moment.

Very insightful of you. How long have you thought this might be the case? About two days, perhaps? :lol:

Taylor doesn't want to leave, but the club want to sell him and are trying to, regardless of what our beloved Derek Llambias says.

Suspected this might be the case. For some reason the club appears to be desperate to sell players and Taylor is one of the remaining who would get a lot of interest at the moment.

Very insightful of you. How long have you thought this might be the case? About two days, perhaps? :lol:

Taylor doesn't want to leave, but the club want to sell him and are trying to, regardless of what our beloved Derek Llambias says.

Oh right ... thought i was onto something there.

:-[

With strong rumours of Lescott completing his move to Man Shitty, I suppose this is now inevitable?

But of course. Thankfully, the lad's managed to get some favourable press to make it look like he's going against his will, which will make it all the easier to see him sign for the Scouse mackems.