Steven Taylor: I'm staying

Crumpy Gunt

Guest BooBoo

I'm not sure whether David Craig on SSN really knows as much as he thinks, but he's just been on saying that he thinks Newcastle will keep a hold of Taylor fairly easily and that there have been no bids made for him this summer.

Sist men kanske viktigast av allt fick Steven Taylor frågan om han skulle stanna kvar i Newcastle vilket han svarade på:

-"Yes I'm staying".

-"Is that final?", blev följdfrågan varpå Taylor svarade:

-"Yes, it is".

Doesn't take a genius to work it out like...

There is a Swedish guy who writes for the same fan page that I do, who was at the CP game. He talked to Taylor after the game and he said he was definately staying.

Not that anyone will understand much of this but anyway here's the article and some pics:

http://www.svenskafans.com/england/newcastle/artikel.asp?id=311564

Good that a lot of our lads understood the swedish questions.

Guest Geordiekev

Moyes says he is close to signing to another CB. No names mentioned.

Heard Moyes on SSN say he was looking at another possible signing but no mention of the players position, been repeated since earlier this afternoon with slightly different edits until this evening, no mention of CB..

Guest Soundas

Moyes has signed Johnny Heitinga from Ajax, I think,...........5 million quid

From Atlético Madrid no?

Hopefully go through.

Guest Heneage

It's Atletico

Can't see why on earth he'd let him go for 5m they signed him for close to 10m.

It's Atletico

Can't see why on earth he'd let him go for 5m they signed him for close to 10m.

Another good player from the Dutch conveyor belt.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-s-Steven-Taylor-going-nowhere-article137969.html

Newcastle's Steven Taylor 'going nowhere'

Published 23:05 29/08/09 by Brian McNally

Much-coveted Newcastle defender Steven Taylor has told his Premier League suitors: "I'm going nowhere."

As cash-strapped Newcastle attempt to sell more top stars before Tuesday's transfer deadline, Taylor has insisted that he will honour his contract and remain part of the Magpies' Championship promotion fight.

Taylor signed a new deal last year which ties him to the Magpies until June 2011, but that has not stopped clubs such as Everton, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Chelsea showing an interest him.

The 23-year-old defender was upset by the sudden departure of Kevin Keegan almost a year ago and then the failure to appoint Alan Shearer as manager for the start of the season.

Shearer has tipped 23-year-old Taylor as a future captain of Newcastle and it was on the former England skipper’s advice that he pulled out of this season’s European under-21 championships to treat  a bothersome Achilles tendon injury.

A source close to the former England under-21 skipper said: "Steven wants Newcastle fans to know he is desperate to stay at Newcastle. He was part of the side that was relegated and he feels a duty to  try and put that right by helping the club to promotion.

"None of the talk about him leaving the club has come from him and he would like his future to be at St. James' Park."

Taylor's declaration of intent has been bolstered by a similar one from Spaniard Jose Enrique- the only left back at the club- and means that Newcastle must look elsewhere to further reduce their wage bill.

Caretaker boss Chris Hughton has confirmed that he is trying to bring Danish international forward Peter Lovenkrands back to Newcastle before Tuesday's deadline.

:notworthy:

Edit- Taylor's declaration of intent has been bolstered by a similar one from Spaniard Jose Enrique- the only left back at the club- and means that Newcastle must look elsewhere to further reduce their wage bill.  :cheesy:

Give him adopted Geordie status now!