Newcastle United 3 - 0 Reading - 15/08/09 - post match reaction from page 22

JH

If we get another LB in, Enrique could make a class LW. He's not amazing in defence but great going forward.

Award for biggest Knee jerk of the  day

I hope I get a medal.

I've been thinking this for a while actually, especially after the way he played going forward against WBrom.

Lol at our right flank. Like the players are in a twilight zone or something when they have the ball there.

Says alot when Steven Taylor is the one making the runs on that side.

If we get another LB in, Enrique could make a class LW. He's not amazing in defence but great going forward.

I hope I get a medal.

I've been thinking this for a while actually, especially after the way he played going forward against WBrom.

He was easily one of the best defensive left-backs in the Premiership last year.

Guest firetotheworks

I have to agree.. I don't think I've ever seen another quality Enrique ball in, ever.

They happen about once a game tbf. I know because I always watch him like a hawk.

He still needs to sort some of his simple passing out, but defensively and when he overlaps I think he's mint.

I hope I get a medal.

He was easily one of the best defensive left-backs in the Premiership last year.

Easily? :lol: No way.

I hope I get a medal.

He was.  I think he's a class defender, he's just generally absolutely bloody awful at distributing the ball anywhere useful.

His distribution has improved quite a lot and he was pretty decent at passing towards the end of last season.

But anyway, it's something that can be worked on. Having positional sense, anticipation and awareness when defending is a lot harder to teach, but luckily Enrique's pretty good already.