Newcastle v Sheff Wed - 19:45 KO 19/08/09 Pre-Match Thread

Fatwax

Always had a soft spot for Sheff Wed, hope they have a good season bar the two games against us.

Same here. Sheff Utd are a different story however...

wouldn't say a soft spot but i do keep an eye out for their results as one of my best mates is an owl. and yes he was there for the 8-0. we got him a blue pint for his trouble afterwards. he got very very drunk indeed.

The last time I had a blue drink, I woke up in some strange man's flat in Blaydon with a mouthful of down-filled pillow.

aye. sorry about that.

Tbh, it wasn't the fact I'd been violated, but that you didn't even call the next day even though you promised me. :'(

it's because i'm shy. hence the mask.

Yes, I did wonder why you chose to dress up as Frankie Dettori.

it's the silks rubbing against me. :fwap:

Always had a soft spot for Sheff Wed, hope they have a good season bar the two games against us.

Same here. Sheff Utd are a different story however...

wouldn't say a soft spot but i do keep an eye out for their results as one of my best mates is an owl. and yes he was there for the 8-0. we got him a blue pint for his trouble afterwards. he got very very drunk indeed.

The last time I had a blue drink, I woke up in some strange man's flat in Blaydon with a mouthful of down-filled pillow.

aye. sorry about that.

Tbh, it wasn't the fact I'd been violated, but that you didn't even call the next day even though you promised me. :'(

it's because i'm shy. hence the mask.

Yes, I did wonder why you chose to dress up as Frankie Dettori.

it's the silks rubbing against me. :fwap:

Jesus Christ. :lol:

we could really get about 41 k if not more on Wed night.

hope its not a sell oot , im planning on paying at the door for level7.

No way it'l sell out, n also I imagine its bollocks 5k Sheff Wed fans coming, they'd have to have some of the corner as well to have that many up there, maximum is about 3k behind the goal isnt it.

we could really get about 41 k if not more on Wed night.

hope its not a sell oot , im planning on paying at the door for level7.

No way it'l sell out, n also I imagine its bollocks 5k Sheff Wed fans coming, they'd have to have some of the corner as well to have that many up there, maximum is about 3k behind the goal isnt it.

2900 sell out according to a Wednesday fan I kno, then again Nufc.com say the away end if 4k.

i was talking to the head steward who is in charge of the away end on level 7 on the way home on Saturday and he said they'd sold there full allocation of 2700,  i don't know whether or not they've been given extra tickets tho since then.

How many blocks would you say 2700 was? - reading had only 3 blocks but filled only 2 and half. - i think the full section is about 5 or 6 blocks

There's a seating plan on .cock with a breakdown of capacity of all the stands.  Should show you on there

According to there fans, they are weak in the air at the back. If so they may struggle against Carroll.

Not forgetting Shola 'Alan Shearer' Ameobi!

Shearer can only look back on what could have been. He could have been his generation's Shola.

Looking at their squad, they look very average: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Wednesday#Current_squad

I'm Sodje but I don't agree, it's not that bad, there's a few players who could Spurr them on to victory.  They've got a few midfielders who'll Potter around doing their jobs and if the chairman opens the Purse-strings they'll do well this season.

Like reading The Sun that.  :pow:

According to there fans, they are weak in the air at the back. If so they may struggle against Carroll.

Seems strange as Purse is a pretty hefty lump. Always thought he was decent in the air. Although Carroll is very usefull himself, would be even more usefull if midfielders would run off him or Shola could anticipate them.

Not forgetting Shola 'Alan Shearer' Ameobi!

Shearer can only look back on what could have been. He could have been his generation's Shola.

:lol: