Cardiff to sign Alan Smith (Loan)

Guest smoggeordie

Guest Gemmill

Ah. I got the timeframe wrong.

Apologies, I just did a search for 'Smith' on your username. That was the only result.

Apology accepted.

Now go and ask your master to restore various posts that have been lost during changes to the forum, then you may find what you're looking for.

Sad sad sad........

He can ask all he likes, but I have no power to restore posts on this site.

Ah. I got the timeframe wrong.

Apologies, I just did a search for 'Smith' on your username. That was the only result.

Apology accepted.

Now go and ask your master to restore various posts that have been lost during changes to the forum, then you may find what you're looking for.

Sad sad sad........

He can ask all he likes, but I have no power to restore posts on this site.

bluebiggrin.gif

By the way, anyone who thinks we should try and loan him, we can't outside of the transfer window. I think the rule is that you can't loan players to a team in the same division outside of the transfer window but to other divisions is ok i.e. Premiership club can loan to a chamionship club outside of the transfer window.

The guy would be nothing but a problem, worse than Bellamy! I'd say he would so bad with his attitude that he would start an argument with his own shadow, so no thanks!

110% bullshit, the only similarity between the 2 players mentioned is they both have huge passion on the field! As mentioned Smith doesn't even drink when out, don't think he has ever been reported for any bother and seems like a very professional person.

I think we can do better than Alan Smith.

He's a decent finisher but he just doesn't have any pace, which means unless we get the ball to his feet in dangerous positions then he isn't likely to do any damage, he's certainly not a player who will create something for himself out of nothing, he seems a player who's been overrated because he gets 'stuck in'

I'd rather have Mark Viduka, he's better in the air, stronger on the ball, better link up play etc.

Guest Knightrider

Smith's a shite goalscorer but I've long accepted he's not a goalscorer so I don't mind that, he is a very good player though and I'd *take him. When we were linked with him in the past as Shearer's replacement I was always against it because he's not a goalscorer, he's best alongside a goalscorer. Him and Owen would be very good and I've often wanted to see them together for England.

*Depending on whether he can get over his injury which was a bad one.

The guy would be nothing but a problem, worse than Bellamy! I'd say he would so bad with his attitude that he would start an argument with his own shadow, so no thanks!

110% bullshit, the only similarity between the 2 players mentioned is they both have huge passion on the field! As mentioned Smith doesn't even drink when out, don't think he has ever been reported for any bother and seems like a very professional person.

Incorrect iirc.

Incorrect iirc.

Unless he was telling a lie in the interview i saw he said he doesnt drink and he drives his mates about on nights out.

Incorrect iirc.

Saw him in a VIP area once, and all his mates where drinking for free and even gave me free drink, but he hasnt drinking himself.