Newcastle United 1 - 0 Sheff Weds - 19/08/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

**** I told you so moment *****

I did say our players are obviously going to look better at this level, I know some are trying to prove me wrong (Nolan) but it was bound to happen.

Some people were having right panic attacks "just because we are in the championship it doesn't mean our players are suddenly going to be able to shoot/pass/cross" etc.. Its obvious with more time, space and less talented opposition we were going to look a better team.

:smug: cunt

It's the third game. I know things look promising but let's see where we are in a few months before judging.

But we have looked quite a lot better than the opposition so far which we wouldn't have if we were in the premiership.

I did say our players are obviously going to look better at this level, I know some are trying to prove me wrong (Nolan) but it was bound to happen.

Some people were having right panic attacks "just because we are in the championship it doesn't mean our players are suddenly going to be able to shoot/pass/cross" etc.. Its obvious with more time, space and less talented opposition we were going to look a better team.

It's the third game. I know things look promising but let's see where we are in a few months before judging.

But we have looked quite a lot better than the opposition so far which we wouldn't have if we were in the premiership.

I wouldn't say we were 'quite a lot better' than West Brom, and neither of us has seen anything of tonight's game yet.

Your sig :aww:

I wouldn't say we were 'quite a lot better' than West Brom, and neither of us has seen anything of tonight's game yet.

I thought we were to be honest. Basically (early days) we have looked a LOT better than we did at any time last year. We are bossing games (imo) and are looking really good.

oh shit, Shola gone down...

On who?

Mike apparently.

Speaking of which, "Shola jogs off rather gingerly..." - Mike, you gave your word as a gentleman not to hurt him, you're all sweet-talk and promises until you hear a "yes" then you're just like all the rest!!

I thought we were to be honest. Basically (early days) we have looked a LOT better than we did at any time last year. We are bossing games (imo) and are looking really good.

We have looked better than I thought we would. If we could share the goals around I'd be more confident though. When Shola's hot streak ends we want others to take over.