Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Guest toonlass

Hughton deserves all the credit coming his way considering the circumstances, but a decent manager would certainly have this set of players beating the likes of QPR and Bristol City at home.

As cp40 has said a number of times, we really could piss this league if we sorted ourselves out. Unfortunately that looks distant at present.

I'm not sure about that tbh. Is any manager going to give Gutierrez a good delivery? Or Butt and Nolan a new pair of legs? The players who are turning in consistently good performances are the likes of Steve Taylor, Colo and Smith and that's because they are better than the opposition at this level. The rest of them I'm not sure it's possible to get much more from them. Guthrie maybe, but his lack of authority is worrying.

Guthrie is still a young un really, and from what I have read is quite a quiet lad. Maybe he needs an arm round his shoulder and some assurance from the manager. I dunno.

There's no way you can say we're playing as well as we can.  With a decent manager we'd have more points on the board without a doubt.

Well we have a canny few points on board so no complaints from me on that score. How well we can play I'm not sure with these players. What would a decent manager do differently?

There's no way you can say we're playing as well as we can.  With a decent manager we'd have more points on the board without a doubt.

Well we have a canny few points on board so no complaints from me on that score. How well we can play I'm not sure with these players. What would a decent manager do differently?

I don't know  ??? I'd be a PL manager if I did.  :lol:

One thing that annoys me is that fact that we are always too negative, although it sounded like we went for it today.  I see Taylor in the Chronicle saying the clean sheet is the most important thing, is it ****! I'd rather we won 5-2 or 4-1 than 1-0 or 2-0.

Guest toonlass

A manager would be nice tbh. Hughton is doing well, but there is only so long before Ashley has to appoint someone as permanant manager.

Hughton deserves all the credit coming his way considering the circumstances, but a decent manager would certainly have this set of players beating the likes of QPR and Bristol City at home.

As cp40 has said a number of times, we really could piss this league if we sorted ourselves out. Unfortunately that looks distant at present.

I'm not sure about that tbh. Is any manager going to give Gutierrez a good delivery? Or Butt and Nolan a new pair of legs? The players who are turning in consistently good performances are the likes of Steve Taylor, Colo and Smith and that's because they are better than the opposition at this level. The rest of them I'm not sure it's possible to get much more from them. Guthrie maybe, but his lack of authority is worrying.

Guthrie is still a young un really, and from what I have read is quite a quiet lad. Maybe he needs an arm round his shoulder and some assurance from the manager. I dunno.

I thought he went missing at times last season and I take on board he's still young but he's playing in the Championship now so I would have expected him to have looked a class above at this level.

Cant fault him on selection today but you can still criticize the style of football as many have said. We should be able to pass these sides off the park, not long ball it constantly and hope for knock downs.

Guest toonlass

I thought he went missing at times last season and I take on board he's still young but he's playing in the Championship now so I would have expected him to have looked a class above at this level.

I agree there. I just dunno how much the instability of the summer and such has taken a toll on his confidence tbh. Plus there have been times when he has been taken off when its been blatently obvious that someone like Barton for example should have been subbed. That won't have helped him. Hope he comes good.

Cant fault him on selection today but you can still criticize the style of football as many have said. We should be able to pass these sides off the park, not long ball it constantly and hope for knock downs.

If our most effective players are the likes of Kevin Nolan then I don't really see how you can play a passing game, like Butt he hasn't got the mobility required for it.

according to the mirror hes going to get a transfer kitty for jan, i know i find it hard to believe too

He's top of the league, they've got to keep him quiet somehow. Why not lie to him?

according to the mirror hes going to get a transfer kitty for jan, i know i find it hard to believe too

He's top of the league, they've got to keep him quiet somehow. Why not lie to him?

Why bother?

Well what do you know, are the club feeing the press bullshit to try and make themsleves look better in the light of Fridays findings ?

I think we should hold onto that story until January

:rolleyes:

Why bother?

It's the way they roll.

Guest toonlass

This kind of transfer kitty?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i137/cerkir/images-6.jpg

Well what do you know, are the club feeing the press bullshit to try and make themsleves look better in the light of Fridays findings ?

I think we should hold onto that story until January

:rolleyes:

who knows it might even be true stranger things have happened