Chris Hughton

Keefaz

Doncaster at home is his last chance.

Eh, for who? Surely the only person giving him a chance is Ashley, he won't get rid whatever happens.

How many of the managers in this division would you swap Hughton for? 

Adkins · Blackwell · Clough · Coleman · Davies · Di Matteo · Ferguson · Holloway · Irvine · Johnson · Jones · Keane · Laws · Mackay · Magilton · O'Driscoll · Pearson · Robins · Rodgers · Sousa · Southgate · Sturrock · Warnock

All of them and most of the division below, and a few below that.

This is the beginning of the end for him. Personally I know for I fact that if we played my way with my first Xl against QPR, City and today, we'd have at least 7 points.

Lovenkrands LW man, honestly you stupid b******. Those of us with sense have known the long ball tactics dont work for weeks. Time to look elsewhere i'm afraid.

That's ridiculous, even by your standards.

The problems that I predicted would happen in each game fucking happened. Not trying to blow my own trumpet, just point out that Hughton got it wrong when many of us not being paid X amount seeemingly got it right.

Lovenkrands on the LW basically reduces you to ten men, it's blatant. Harewood is not a battering ram type striker and never will be. Today he was used as such and Lovenkrands was played on the LW and we predicably offered nowt going forward.

Guest Heneage

Doncaster at home is his last chance.

No it's not. He'll not get "sacked" until we're sold.

I know he won't get sacked, but it's hist last chance to declare some sort of tactical ability, and prove that he hasn't just been lucky. Right now we should have won a lot more games than we have. We've lost 7 from 9, against 3 teams that we should be beating in part due to his lack of tactical knowledge.

Top of the table and people want the manager out.

Plenty of flaws, aye, but this is bordering on pathetic. For the Championship, surely he would suffice?

He isn't the manager though, he's only the caretaker.

I don't think it's pathetic for the fans to want better than Chris Hughton. The fact of the matter is we won't be able to attract anything better whilst Ashley's here so we just have to grin and bare it. Ideally, Hughton wouldn't be our manager for the remainder of the season and it's touch and go as to whether or not he's up to it. He's done well so far, generally speaking, but the cracks are blindingly obvious.

Problem is we've been lucky a lot & its catching up with us now. Luck not going for us atall.

The only games id say we properly outplayed the opposition is Reading & Ipswich. Which isnt good enough with players of the standard that we have, some of which were expected to compete in the premiership. Our main plus this season has been our finishing, we're scoring the chances the opposition are missing. Now thats changed & now so have the results obv.

Its a big task for him to get them going again now, as it'll be very very easy for this to turn into a negative few weeks. If he stops the long balls & pushes the team to attack more, we have the best chance of turning it around easily. If he stays cautious & we start lumping it up constantly, we wont be top for much longer atall.

This is the beginning of the end for him. Personally I know for I fact that if we played my way with my first Xl against QPR, City and today, we'd have at least 7 points.

Lovenkrands LW man, honestly you stupid b******. Those of us with sense have known the long ball tactics dont work for weeks. Time to look elsewhere i'm afraid.

The problems that I predicted would happen in each game fucking happened. Not trying to blow my own trumpet, just point out that Hughton got it wrong when many of us not being paid X amount seeemingly got it right.

Lovenkrands on the LW basically reduces you to ten men, it's blatant. Harewood is not a battering ram type striker and never will be. Today he was used as such and Lovenkrands was played on the LW and we predicably offered nowt going forward.

If you think formation was the main problem yesterday then you're as slow off the mark as Hughton, tbh.

The problems that I predicted would happen in each game f***ing happened. Not trying to blow my own trumpet, just point out that Hughton got it wrong when many of us not being paid X amount seeemingly got it right.

If you think formation was the main problem yesterday then you're as slow off the mark as Hughton, tbh.

Did I say or even imply that? I was talking team selection and tactics.

Plenty of flaws, aye, but this is bordering on pathetic. For the Championship, surely he would suffice?

How so? I think times this season Hughton has rode his luck and now it is catching up with him. He is out of his depth at this level too. That has been proven time and time again by his lopsided formations. But the quality of this league means we are in the position that we are in. Fair enough he deserves some credit for taking the responsibility, especially with the way the club is in off the pitch. But just because we are up the higher ends of the table means Hughton is immune from criticism. The sooner the club is sold and we bring in a manager who is here for the long-term the better for me.

We should have had more than enough quality to beat forest regardless. They are not performing to their full ability recently atall & there more to it than just lovenkrands being shoved on the wing.

When people talk about the quality of our players, which ones are they referring to exactly? I'm struggling to name more than three who have looked any better than the opposition in their respective positions in this league.

We should have had more than enough quality to beat forest regardless. They are not performing to their full ability recently atall & there more to it than just lovenkrands being shoved on the wing.

When people talk about the quality of our players, which ones are they referring to exactly? I'm struggling to name more than three who have looked any better than the opposition in their respective positions in this league.

The penny has not dropped for some people that we are a team of cloggers. Our GK & defenders in Jose, Taylor & Colo make us a cut above the rest of the teams in this league (fucking reading sounds like when Cowell says "IN THIS COMPETITION" on X-factor).

The penny has not dropped for some people that we are a team of cloggers. Our GK & defenders in Jose, Taylor & Colo make us a cut above the rest of the teams in this league (fucking reading sounds like when Cowell says "IN THIS COMPETITION" on X-factor).

Spot on. I would agree that our defenders are probably the only players who look a class above so far, the midfielders can't string two passes together and the forwards don't offer anything other than height from what i've seen. This idea that we are "quality" is a bad joke.

Hughton as manager will be a disaster. At the moment hes under no pressure and his decision making and tactics are woeful, throw in the pressure of sack if things go wrong and he will crack.

Stick to coaching please youve done a good caretaking job but dont get giddy.

So what? That doesn't mean everything would work out as planned with you as manager. There is no fact in what never happened.

The cracks are beginning to show.

He may have got us to the top of the table (or thereabouts) but he's shown over the past three games that he doesn't have the capability or the motivational power to keep us there. 2 points out of 9 against QPR, Bristol City and Nott Forrest is not good enough.

I feel sorry for Hughton. We've had a fantastic start to the season and deserves credit for turning it round. Unfortunately sooner rather than later I, like most, would like to see a manager appointed.

The guy is an innocent party in what has been an awful year, he's done his best, but will his best be good enough? Don't forget this is the man who showed he was woefully short of managerial class in the Premier League.

The case for Hughton is strong one. The man has managed to get a bunch of wasters who did nothing but feel sorry for themselves into a team that is sitting in the automatic promotion spots despite the negativity surrounding the season. For that the man must be given praise, he thoroughly deserved his manager of the month award. He's also a likeable chap. After the antics Of Billy Bullshit it's nice to see the bloke retain his dignity in such a well reserved manner.

Although on the face of it his team selection has been poor of late it's also worth noting the absences of Coloccini, Jonas, Barton, Ameobi and now Taylor have hindered his chances of selecting what would be his strongest side. However it is difficult to ignore some of the mistakes he has made. Take yesterday for example, why did we go with two big men up top then select a midfield that lacked any form of width? Why is Lovenkrands consistently selected to play on the left when by his own admission he can't play there? Why with ten minutes to go did he take a forward off for another forward, surely that's the stage of the game where you throw caution to the wind?

It's been because of these mounting mistakes we haven't pulled clear at the top. This is before you mention the players who have been leaving the dressing room with a complacent attitude leading to slow starts that we simply cannot afford. We have games coming up against Scunthorpe and Doncaster. For me we simply have to take at least four points from these matches with the away fixtures we have over the coming month, yet I'm not confident when I feel I should be.

Aye Hughton has done well with what he has but with a mounting list of injuries and what is looking like a penniless January on the horizon we need someone who really knows what he's doing, someone who will select the correct eleven, who will make the correct substitutions and someone who will not tolerate complacency. For me that is why it has to be a thanks but no thanks to Chris Hughton.

Hughton has done a great job, but he's out of his depth as a manager. I would love to see him stay in some capacity, but we really really need a manager. A figure head with a plan and some forward thinking. Unfortunatly this isnt going to happen under Ashley. Its ridiculous to think its now well over a year since weve had a permanant manager. I struggle to think of any other club who've gone as long in total limbo.

:doh:

Every other club uses this same rubbish argument with Newcastle.  You should've stuck with Allardyce, Robson, Roeder, Dalglish, Gullit etc. etc. but football isn't that easy, everyone realises the benefits of a long term plan and a long term manager but it isn't as easy as to just appoint any manager and then let him 'build for the future', football would be easy in this case, a chairman could just pick a manager, not sack him and let the trophies come rolling in....

I want long term stability but what's the point in employing a manager who'll never be good enough?

:doh:

Every other club uses this same rubbish argument with Newcastle.  You should've stuck with Allardyce, Robson, Roeder, Dalglish, Gullit etc. etc. but football isn't that easy, everyone realises the benefits of a long term plan and a long term manager but it isn't as easy as to just appoint any manager and then let him 'build for the future', football would be easy in this case, a chairman could just pick a manager, not sack him and let the trophies come rolling in....

I want long term stability but what's the point in employing a manager who'll never be good enough?

I'm not sure how you can mention Robson with those, he's the only one mentioned who I would have expected to improve us at the time he was sacked.  It's true that some people felt we were on the slide with him but that doesn't make it a fact.  His start to the season was no worse than the starts which eventually ended up with us qualifying for Europe.  I'm quite sure that we would have been better off if we'd kept him rather than showing him the door.

Well thats the whole point isnt it, that the players we have are better than what theyve shown this season.

Guthrie, Barton, Jonas, smith, Nolan is a better midfield than any other championship side has available to them on paper. They've also individually put in performances, showing this is true in different games. None of them have been consistant, bar smith. Our midfield should be our strongest area in this league, so we are massively underperforming if we're not dominating the opposition in midfield. Then you add in Jose, Colo & Taylor. Harper behind them. Our foward line is our weakest area & Carroll/Ameobi had been stepping up pretty well until recently. We've actually been pretty awful since signing Harewood tbh.

Anyway, this group of players should be far better than near every other side in this divison. Some are underperforming & recently most of them are. Doesnt mean they're all rubbish suddenly & the same standard as the opposition, it means theyre underperforming.