Chris Hughton

Keefaz

He lost any good will and respect he built with his ridiculous decisions tonight.

Yes, its only one game. However, his decisions have showed him to be either spineless or clueless. Either way its a fuckin disgrace.

I've already had one season of watching Nicky Butt play every minute of the season and be immune from criticism (not from fans obviously). Unsurprisingly, it ended in relegation. I'm usually against booing players but something has to be done surely. We'll not even reach the play offs with him in midfield.

Decent bloke but wow, talk about fucking inept tonight. If I was Guthrie I probably would have decked him. Nolan will never be dropped, the useless, unfit cunt.

The thing about Nicky Butt, Shearer would also probably play him.

Well you didn't really. ;) But if that's what you meant, fair enough.  :pow:

Well thats not a "sorry i was clearly being a tit", but if thats what you meant fair enough.   :lol: :thup:

Hoof the thread after 10 more disasters and I'll apologise then.  O0

Anyway, just to clarify, I don't want Hughton as manager either, just amused by how quickly opinions change. Few knee jerk reactions to be seen (not necessarily you Jayson). There's still time to redeem himself, i.e. by dropping Butt.

Guest Geordiekev

You may find that the ones spouting off tonight are the ones that disagree with Houghton even contemplating the role as manager (myself included) and not fans turning tables whan a result fails to go our way.

He lost the players altogether in the 1st half with all the infighting and bitching that was going on, Butt is a joke and should rightly hand that armband back to Smith upon his return, Ranger was shunned tonight for no reason other than giving his all in the last 180+minutes yet still relied upon to save the game in the last 5mins (of which he very nearly did).

It was bad management tonight and Houghton should accept this, I now expect the players to come forward once again and blag him up to be great, Great when the players can get away with murder and have a great laugh in training..

Ive been reasonably behind Hughton being manager up until last few games.

Reactions just change with a persons actions dont they. Few pages ago in this thread i was complementing the guy for all the great decisions he was making, last two games he's looked clueless.

I dont understand how common sense doesnt dictate that if your sides going to play long balls you dont leave one lad upfront. He should have changed the formation from the 10th minute or so. Kinnear did the same nonsense, stuck with the same inefficient crap even when we were being destroyed. Its not good enough to have a few lads swap positions if the entire set up is bollocks to start with.

First real black marks against his name so far this season was starting with Carroll up front and Butt at all. As I said in the pre-match thread your lone striker needs to be willing and able to hold the ball up rather than flick it on to non-existant attackers. And Butt just needs putting down.

That aside some people on here need to grow the fuck up. He's hardly put a foot wrong since the summer and the first loss is greated with a chorus of 'ZOMG hughton iz teh gayz!!!' Okay, he's hardly fucking Mourinho but he's done a very good, very difficult job and unfortunately at the minute he's the only choice.

Guest Geordiekev

Hughton. It's in the title for reference.

Hughton and Coloccini

is it so difficult to get these two names right?

Im on about Charles Houghton not Chris Hughton, the bloke that wishes to manage the club, he sits two rows behind me in L7..

Clever bastards....  :clap:

Houghton, Hughton, who gives a f*** we all know who we are on about...

:razz:

That aside some people on here need to grow the f*** up. He's hardly put a foot wrong since the summer and the first loss is greated with a chorus of 'ZOMG hughton iz teh gayz!!!' Okay, he's hardly f***ing Mourinho but he's done a very good, very difficult job and unfortunately at the minute he's the only choice.

So you believe that you shouldnt criticize a persons actions atall, if previously they were doing well & you have no alternatives.

Bit strange that tbh.

That aside some people on here need to grow the f*** up. He's hardly put a foot wrong since the summer and the first loss is greated with a chorus of 'ZOMG hughton iz teh gayz!!!' Okay, he's hardly f***ing Mourinho but he's done a very good, very difficult job and unfortunately at the minute he's the only choice.

So you believe that you shouldnt criticize a persons actions atall, if previously they were doing well & you have no alternatives.

Bit strange that tbh.

Clearly not, as the post you chopped up contained criticisms of his tactics and team selections from yours truly.

My gripe is with the biploar nature of some of the people on this board, Captain Haircut being the first class mong my post was aimed at.

First real black marks against his name so far this season was starting with Carroll up front and Butt at all. As I said in the pre-match thread your lone striker needs to be willing and able to hold the ball up rather than flick it on to non-existant attackers. And Butt just needs putting down.

That aside some people on here need to grow the fuck up. He's hardly put a foot wrong since the summer and the first loss is greated with a chorus of 'ZOMG hughton iz teh gayz!!!' Okay, he's hardly fucking Mourinho but he's done a very good, very difficult job and unfortunately at the minute he's the only choice.

I would agree that Hughton has done a decent job this season but there have been signs that his over-defensive tactics were going to backfire sooner or later and I also said this in the pre-match thread so it's not hindsight. Sending out teams with one striker and a slow midfield can only work so many times. Hugthon needs to ask himself why our "premier quality" midfield has been out-run and out-passed for two games in succession despite fielding an extra man in that department.

I would agree that Hughton has done a decent job this season but there have been signs that his over-defensive tactics were going to backfire sooner or later and I also said this in the pre-match thread so it's not hindsight. Sending out teams with one striker and a slow midfield can only work so many times. Hugthon needs to ask himself why our "premier quality" midfield has been out-run and out-passed for two games in succession despite fielding an extra man in that department.

Lets be fair though, he's had the tactics of recent matches pretty much forced on him because of injuries and our squad size. I doubt he'll go with one up top/five man midfield combo when Shola and Jonas are back.

Lets be fair though, he's had the tactics of recent matches pretty much forced on him because of injuries and our squad size. I doubt he'll go with one up top/five man midfield combo when Shola and Jonas are back.

What worries me is that he picks his team on reputations a bit. Just because we have a lot of big name midfielders doesn't necessarily mean that playing them all together will be more effective than playing a balanced team. I said before the game that I would have preferred an extra striker to one of those midfielders and I just feel that with Ranger and Lovenkrands available there was better options than a packed slow midfield and one up front.

He's nowhere near tactically aware enough to be a manager, the sad thing is, he made fundamental mistakes tonight, he picked one striker away to a weak Blackpool side, he by the looks of it didn't instruct Carroll to hold it up, and played Nolan alongside, a man that I think I'd beat in a race. He's been lucky thus far because the team's picked itself, and eventually their own ability has gotten them a goal in some form or another. Now against a team that really hassled us we don't fall apart, but we lose.

His constant removal of Guthrie is a major annoyance and on Sunday Guthrie looked none to happy to be coming off, and I don't blame him right now he's offering more than the others, sad to say but a player Liverpool deemed surplus to requirements, and who can't get a game at U21 level is bossing our midfield. Hughton much like Shearer and Kinnear seems to just all be about the old rear-guard. His demand on 4-5-1 is grinding on me also, we are no longer in the Premier League, our back line should be able to handle two strikers that have bounced around clubs for the past 3 seasons in Omerord and Eull, we should be playing at least 2 or maybe 3 in a triangle up top, unlike the other 2 we share top spot with we aren't scoring nearly as many, we've had 3 scrappy 1-0 wins, which isn't good enough as this could come down to goal difference, our defence has been solid thus far, conceeding 3, but we need to drastically increase our goals scored chart.

I also get the feeling Hughton will be here for a while.

Some stinging criticism of Hughton from people who didnt see the game.

Seems a tad harsh.

correct 16 points from 7 games. third on the table.most people would have been more than happy with that at the start of the season

Seems a tad harsh.

I based mine on what I'd seen from the TV and attending Sheff wed. The man seems very tactically narrow, all about Plan A.

Seems a tad harsh.

Possibly. I'm basing my opinion on watching us get bossed at Cardiff, and from the sound of it getting bossed again tonight.

Seems a tad harsh.

Possibly. I'm basing my opinion on watching us get bossed at Cardiff, and from the sound of it getting bossed again tonight.

Dont think Cardiff bossed us, we were very lucky to get all 3 points though.

Seems a tad harsh.

I thought we were on top for the first 25 minutes after that we defended well but gave up possession for large periods of the game, and didn't use the ball very well when we had it. Even Hughton himself said pretty much the same thing afterwards. You can expect to be on the back foot in away games but if the opposition are pushing forward that usually opens them up to counter attacks which we didn't manage any at all. After our goal can you remember any opportunities?

We could expect better I reckon considering we are playing Championship teams, it's Cardiff and Blackpool now, not Arsenal or Liverpool after all. 

Seems a tad harsh.

I thought we were on top for the first 25 minutes after that we defended well but gave up possession for large periods of the game, and didn't use the ball very well when we had it. Even Hughton himself said pretty much the same thing afterwards. You can expect to be on the back foot in away games but if the opposition are pushing forward that usually opens them up to counter attacks which we didn't manage any at all. After our goal can you remember any opportunities?

We could expect better I reckon considering we are playing Championship teams, it's Cardiff and Blackpool now, not Arsenal or Liverpool after all. 

We had 2 shots on target. Thats all fair comment tbh, lets see how Saturday goes.