Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Newcastle - 22/08/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Dave

Hmm...Radio Newcastle commentating on Shola bearhugging Houghton as if that was his last game in charge.

Said could be reading too much into it.

Fucking chuffed to bits with this like.

First it's Saylor leaving, now it's Hughton. Think people read too much into these things. Maybe it's just been so long since the players or staff have looked happy.

Hmm...Radio Newcastle commentating on Shola bearhugging Houghton as if that was his last game in charge.

Fucking chuffed to bits with this like.

First it's Saylor leaving, now it's Hughton. Think people read too much into these things. Maybe it's just been so long since the players or staff have looked happy.

Would be my view too.

Guest Alan_Shearer

Our players must know what the announcment Monday is, and due to the performance they must have high spirits so looks like its SOLD! Hopefully...

f***ing chuffed to bits with this like.

Would be my view too.

Sorry, my chuffed to bits bit sounded like I was chuffed with that rumour.

I'm chuffed with the result.

Guest ItalianMagpie

Good win I'd say. We didn't risk too much (did we?) and we got the first goals from Raylor e Nolan with our shirt, if I remember right.

Hope Ashley will reinforce the squad anyway, and that he won't think for a sec he could get back to the Premiership with the current team.

Well, if it is his last contribution with the first team, at least he's put things in a good position for the next manager. Got to give him some credit, surely?

Eh? Pretty much everyone has given him the credit he deserves.

Well, if it is his last contribution with the first team, at least he's put things in a good position for the next manager. Got to give him some credit, surely?

No! Not coaching staff at NUFC will EVER get credit. Who do you think we are?

Sounded like a good performance. Seemed to fade out in the second half mind, which is what we did against Wednesday. Very pleased with the result, but I still think our squad is too thin to maintain a decent challenge on automatic promotion. Let's hope we can keep injuries down this year.

Aye, because JFK will be back on Monday ;)

That's what I'd heard too. :(

How many more games before we can declare this league to be piss easy?

Threadbare squad with our best players gone, a coach way out of his depth filling the manager void, and yet we're joint top with Boro who seem to be in the same boat as us in terms of having players who are either too good for this level or well suited to it.

Judging by last year's table, Cardiff, Sheffield Utd and Preston NE might be the only other decent teams we haven't faced.

Threadbare squad with our best players gone, a coach way out of his depth filling the manager void, and yet we're joint top with Boro who seem to be in the same boat as us in terms of having players who are either too good for this level or well suited to it.

Judging by last year's table, Cardiff, Sheffield Utd and Preston NE might be the only other decent teams we haven't faced.

It may well appear to be a "piss easy" league to us right now, but let's see if folks still feel that way when the threadbare nature of our squad combines with fixture congestion, injuries, fatigue and the onslaught of a potential Cup run as well. All of that will take its toil, and if you add in the possibility that we could also be facing all of that without the services of Taylor, Coloccini, Ameobi...whoever else that may be sold...

Don't let's go counting chickens just yet, eh?  :undecided:

Guest ItalianMagpie

This league is very very long though. Cardiff themselves two years ago had a superb start (winning all of the first 10 games, or almost) but failed even to clinch a playoff spot. In our case, the league's lenght will affect even more, considering the number of players we have been left with.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/89999526.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0C9985398AA69329E2F192CD2EFFB72197F4A0FAF079FDC17

GRRrrrrggghhhhhh!

Look at the size of that vein.  I sense some kinda stress related health issue if it continues Neil.

Chill winstonnn!

It may well appear to be a "piss easy" league to us right now, but let's see if folks still feel that way when the threadbare nature of our squad combines with fixture congestion, injuries, fatigue and the onslaught of a potential Cup run as well. All of that will take its toil, and if you add in the possibility that we could also be facing all of that without the services of Taylor, Coloccini, Ameobi...whoever else that may be sold...

Don't let's go counting chickens just yet, eh?  :undecided:

True. But as long we can keep this squad together we should do well. We have players who are either too good for this division, or very good in this division, not many in this division can say the same. Other teams who are not as good as us will get injuries too.