Keegan's Latest Return To Football

Skirge

People are a bit sensitive on the subject of Keegan then  :kinnear:

Think you'll always have some people annoyed a little with him regardless because they know we would have done better if he'd chosen to stick it out. Its a compliment to his ability as a manager really. He doesnt actually get much serious "abuse" from what ive seen, people just make jokes. I bet 95% would take him back as manager in a second if we had the chance.

as with the previous board. hurrah for the good stuff and booooo for the bad stuff.

i personally think keegan as a manager was a spent force after england. at citeh he relied on spending power to get promoted and to stay in the prem without being anywhere near enetertaining. then got a decent newcastle squad to play moderatly well but nowhere near their potential.

He was here less than a full season man, what did you expect him to do in that time?  Pretty much confirms you haven't got a clue or just slagging off Keegan for the sake of it.

or pretty much confirms you will defend him regardless.

hey kinnear wasn't here a full season either,maybe we shouldn't slag him off ?

well if we get taken over and he is re-appointed as i expect, and we get a class attacking team together again,. they will look a right bunch of twats.

hows that ?

we didn't have the money to provide what he wanted,he walked.

why couldn't he cut his cloth like the every other manager has to ?

how,-- gratuitous indulging in Keegan bashing, then  he returns , we are good,= they are twats.

come on you understand this.

it doesn't matter who the person is i'll slag them off when they do something to be slagged off for and applaud accordingly when they deserve it.

i'll not defend someone to the hilt without evidence especially if i know they have previous.

Praise the lord, sense at last.

What's Keegan done he should be slagged off for though?

Yeah, yeah he should've stayed with a lopsided squad when his pleas were going unheard.

- Walked out on Newcastle, had to be persuaded to return

- Walked out on Newcastle again

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

- Walked out on Manchester City

- Walked out on Newcastle again.

Regardless of what he has achieved, we can't just ignore the above.

I'm sorry but what a f***ing numpty.

I couldn't give a s*** personally what he did at Man Shitty, Fulham or Engalnd.

The first time he walked out, he was making a stand against false promises and showing he wouldn't be walked all over, and it bloody worked too because he got the backing he was promised and we went on to great things.

The second time he left on the principle of the change to a PLC, again over time this was proved to be the right move, because I honestly don't think anyone could say the club was ever the same again, all that change did was allow the Halls and Shepherd to milk the club for a lot of money.

If you still think the 3rd time he left was a in some way or form wrong, then where the hell have you been in the last 12 months or so ??

KK has made his mistakes, no doubt, but he's far from deserving the level of abuse he gets from some ileducated children on here, I'm glad they are just a very vocal minority of Newcastle fans.

Thanks for further reinforcing my point by opening your comment with another insult. So now I'm a fucking numpty, a twat, a stupid kid and a mong.

There can be endless excuses for what he did, but he still did it and for that I'll will never properly forgive him. Yes he brought some wonderful football to the club and took us so close to winning something, but it will always read at the end of the day "Keegan resigns from Newcastle". He walked away, and in walking away from the club, he walked away from the fans.

Oh, and I can't see much of this 'level of abuse' that he reportedly gets from us 'children' on the forum. All I can see is a bunch of people who are willing to look at things in a more unbiased fashion, rather than simply ignoring all the negative bits of Keegan because he brought us good times.

If anything, the more childish attitude is sticking your fingers in your ears and going "la la la can't hear you. Keegan rules, he didn't nothing wrong" but hey, whatever.

Think you'll always have some people annoyed a little with him regardless because they know we would have done better if he'd chosen to stick it out. Its a compliment to his ability as a manager really. He doesnt actually get much serious "abuse" from what ive seen, people just make jokes. I bet 95% would take him back as manager in a second if we had the chance.

as with the previous board. hurrah for the good stuff and booooo for the bad stuff.

i personally think keegan as a manager was a spent force after england. at citeh he relied on spending power to get promoted and to stay in the prem without being anywhere near enetertaining. then got a decent newcastle squad to play moderatly well but nowhere near their potential.

He was here less than a full season man, what did you expect him to do in that time?  Pretty much confirms you haven't got a clue or just slagging off Keegan for the sake of it.

Well no, because Kinnear's team wasn't on the way up was it?  How's it defending him regardless? I'd give all manager's time unless they were showing terrible signs, but you seem willing to write someone off while the team is improving despite having only been here a matter of months.

As I say, either clueless or on the wind up.

And for what it's worth I won't defend him regardless but I've yet to see what he did wrong leaving in September.

Well no, because Kinnear's team wasn't on the way up was it?  How's it defending him regardless? I'd give all manager's time unless they were showing terrible signs, but you seem willing to write someone off while the team is improving despite having only been here a matter of months.

And for what it's worth I won't defend him regardless but I've yet to see what he did wrong leaving in September.

kinnears team was in much the same position as keegans. keegan was there from january. if it's not long enought o judge then it can't be long enough to say he saved us....can't have it both ways. did you at any point have a go at kinnear who probably had fewer games in charge than keegan ? happy to give him more time eh ?

as for writing off, you'll see i started it with his time at citeh and england.......hardly a few months.

what he did wrong in sept was pick the worse possible timing. if it had been going on all summer as the rumour goes what made himthinkm it would suddenly change. if he felt about the club the way many claim he should have went earlier to at least let the club sort itself  before the deadline.

kinnears team was in much the same position as keegans. keegan was there from january. if it's not long enought o judge then it can't be long enough to say he saved us....can't have it both ways. did you at any point have a go at kinnear who probably had fewer games in charge than keegan ? happy to give him more time eh ?

as for writing off, you'll see i started it with his time at citeh and england.......hardly a few months.

what he did wrong in sept was pick the worse possible timing. if it had been going on all summer as the rumour goes what made himthinkm it would suddenly change. if he felt about the club the way many claim he should have went earlier to at least let the club sort itself  before the deadline.

He was waiting till the end of the window for the players he wanted (i.e. a LB), how would he know earlier he was going to get one?  And if rumours are to be believed the club trying to flog Barton on the last day also tipped him over the edge.

As many have said, West Ham were in the exact same boat except they finished top half we got relegated, neither of the respective positions were the fault of Curbishley or Keegan.

He was waiting till the end of the window for the players he wanted (i.e. a LB), how would he know earlier he was going to get one?  And if rumours are to be believed the club trying to flog Barton on the last day also tipped him over the edge.

As many have said, West Ham were in the exact same boat except they finished top half we got relegated, neither of the respective positions were the fault of Curbishley or Keegan.

come on,if as the rumours go it was going on all summer and the only player that was his was guthrie. he must've known but some can't even countenance the possibility that he timed it that way to get his own back.

west ham had a more balanced squad with kids coming through to play their part then got lucky in appointing zola.

well if we get taken over and he is re-appointed as i expect, and we get a class attacking team together again,. they will look a right bunch of twats.

hows that ?

we didn't have the money to provide what he wanted,he walked.

why couldn't he cut his cloth like the every other manager has to ?

how,-- gratuitous indulging in Keegan bashing, then  he returns , we are good,= they are twats.

come on you understand this.

it doesn't matter who the person is i'll slag them off when they do something to be slagged off for and applaud accordingly when they deserve it.

i'll not defend someone to the hilt without evidence especially if i know they have previous.

Praise the lord, sense at last.

What's Keegan done he should be slagged off for though?

Yeah, yeah he should've stayed with a lopsided squad when his pleas were going unheard.

- Walked out on Newcastle, had to be persuaded to return

- Walked out on Newcastle again

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

- Walked out on Manchester City

- Walked out on Newcastle again.

Regardless of what he has achieved, we can't just ignore the above.

Bobby Robson -

Sacked at Fulham

Sacked at Barcelona

Sacked at Newcastle

Regardless, still one of the greatest.

Sacked at Sporting Lisbon

Sacked at PSV

come on,if as the rumours go it was going on all summer and the only player that was his was guthrie. he must've known but some can't even countenance the possibility that he timed it that way to get his own back.

west ham had a more balanced squad with kids coming through to play their part then got lucky in appointing zola.

As I said, some stuff only happened on the last day i.e. trying to sell Barton.

What you on about West Ham had a balanced squad and kids coming through?  So Keegan's problem was that he left when we had an unbalanced squad?  Funny that because I'm sure that's why he was annoyed in the first place.

As I said, some stuff only happened on the last day i.e. trying to sell Barton.

What you on about West Ham had a balanced squad and kids coming through?  So Keegan's problem was that he left when we had an unbalanced squad?  Funny that because I'm sure that's why he was annoyed in the first place.

we have know idea why he left ? who knows what players he was asking for ? it's why i've repeatewdly said i want it to go to court. can't understand why he thought it would all change in the last week after what had happened all summer...unless of course he knew it wasn't going to change.

I agree we don't know exactly what went on behind the scenes but the evidence seems to point towards Keegan being shafted, IMO.

BTW, my arguments have nothing to do with me being a 'Keegan lover.'  If the same things had happened but he left in January I'd be pissed off (the reason I have much less respect for Given now).  But the fact is he left with plenty time for the club to find a suitable replacement and move on.  For all we know if Keegan knew what would happen (i.e. relegation) then perhaps he might have soldiered on.

I'm just trying to be balanced, I don't know how anyone could pin the clubs woes on Keegan and why anyone would even try to.  It's baffling.

For the those who dont know what the f*** your talking about, this is him.

http://www.magpieszone.com/toon/2008/01/16012008_kevin-keegan.jpg

He's aged a bit since then like.

Here:

http://epl.theoffside.com/files/2008/10/joe-kinnear-theoffside.jpg

I agree we don't know exactly what went on behind the scenes but the evidence seems to point towards Keegan being shafted, IMO.

BTW, my arguments have nothing to do with me being a 'Keegan lover.'  If the same things had happened but he left in January I'd be pissed off (the reason I have much less respect for Given now).  But the fact is he left with plenty time for the club to find a suitable replacement and move on.  For all we know if Keegan knew what would happen (i.e. relegation) then perhaps he might have soldiered on.

I'm just trying to be balanced, I don't know how anyone could pin the clubs woes on Keegan and why anyone would even try to.  It's baffling.

keegan in my eyes does shoulder some responsibility purely for his timing but nowhere near as much blame as those who have been running the club for the past 5 or 6 years.

For the those who dont know what the f*** your talking about, this is him.

http://www.magpieszone.com/toon/2008/01/16012008_kevin-keegan.jpg

He's aged a bit since then like.

Here:

http://epl.theoffside.com/files/2008/10/joe-kinnear-theoffside.jpg

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Thats freddy shepherd man :doh:

It's an odd one. Even voicing the opinion that I love Keegan but feel he's partially to blame for the current situation seems to illicit dodgy looks in the pub and at the game. I know of a fair few fights that have broken out at Away games because of the divided opinion.

what he did wrong in sept was pick the worse possible timing.

:facepalm:

Keegan couldn't possibly know Ashley would use the excuse to put the club openly on the market and appoint the only manager he could find that would work on a rolling monthly contract, but saying this with the hindsight of this Summer, how on earth can you say Keegan leaving during the last transfer window would have made the situation better.

If he had left during the Summer, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "not giving the system a chance" and "ruining any chance of getting players in". "The system" was the bees knees last Summer remember.

If he had left later in the season, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "leaving in the middle of the season when it was too late to get new players in January/turn things around".

If he had left at the end of the season, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "if he wasn't happy with the players he got why didn't he leave last year".

He left after giving them a chance to prove their system could work and at a time when it wouldn't interfere with their transfer dealings, but with a full season to get a new coach in who would work within the system's restrictions. If anything he left at the least damaging time.