Keegan's Latest Return To Football

Skirge

Guest Roger Kint

In what way is it preferable for a manager who is not doing their job satisfactorily to cling on until they have to be sacked?

Wasnt there an old conspiracy theory about him using the following seasons transfer kitty on Shearer so not winning the league would mean selling to buy(Sir Les) so when it became unlikely he walked instead of rebuilding? This was posted on another forum some time ago like so is doubtless bollocks :coolsmiley:

In what way is it preferable for a manager who is not doing their job satisfactorily to cling on until they have to be sacked?

This.

Keegan left (first time) because he was not given what he promised. He stuck his ground, SJH caved in, club spends money, club gets promoted, Keegan vindicated.

Second time the club was floated on the stock market. Keegan wasn't happy but went with it. Decided half-way through the season he couldn't work in the way he was now being asked to. Resigned.

Fulham - left for the England job (what a c*nt!)

England - admitted his faults and that he wasn't up to the job instead of 'doing a McLaren' and waiting to be sacked.

Man City - left at the end of his contract after club was going stale.

Newcastle mkII - undermined by his board.

You can argue what you want, but I'll always defend him.

You seem to be blaming a man for being shafted by his bosses...for being shafted by his bosses...?

Is there an echo in here? :lol:

Read it again and you might find the point I'm making...

This.

Keegan left (first time) because he was not given what he promised. He stuck his ground, SJH caved in, club spends money, club gets promoted, Keegan vindicated.

Second time the club was floated on the stock market. Keegan wasn't happy but went with it. Decided half-way through the season he couldn't work in the way he was now being asked to. Resigned.

England - admitted his faults and that he wasn't up to the job instead of 'doing a McLaren' and waiting to be sacked.

You seem to be blaming a man for being shafted by his bosses...for being shafted by his bosses...?

I can't. Reading your posts more than once make my eyes bleed

This.

I can't. Reading your posts more than once make my eyes bleed

...and we return to the argument about bairns and childish posts.

Thanks for cementing my point.

When Keegan agreed to join Ashley, Lambias, Wise and them Spanish fellas, he became a fully paid up member of twat camp tbf.

I hope this is a wind-up, but if not...Llambias, Wise and the Spanish fellas weren't here when Keegan joined.

Alright Captain Serious, it was just a joke.

When Keegan agreed to join Ashley, Lambias, Wise and them Spanish fellas, he became a fully paid up member of twat camp tbf.

I hope this is a wind-up, but if not...Llambias, Wise and the Spanish fellas weren't here when Keegan joined.

Alright Captain Serious, it was just a joke.

Point taken :lol:

Guest hobshobs

well if we get taken over and he is re-appointed as i expect, and we get a class attacking team together again,. they will look a right bunch of twats.

hows that ?

we didn't have the money to provide what he wanted,he walked.

why couldn't he cut his cloth like the every other manager has to ?

how,-- gratuitous indulging in Keegan bashing, then  he returns , we are good,= they are twats.

come on you understand this.

it doesn't matter who the person is i'll slag them off when they do something to be slagged off for and applaud accordingly when they deserve it.

i'll not defend someone to the hilt without evidence especially if i know they have previous.

Praise the lord, sense at last.

What's Keegan done he should be slagged off for though?

Yeah, yeah he should've stayed with a lopsided squad when his pleas were going unheard.

- Walked out on Newcastle, had to be persuaded to return

- Walked out on Newcastle again

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

- Walked out on Manchester City

- Walked out on Newcastle again.

Regardless of what he has achieved, we can't just ignore the above.

Bobby Robson -

Sacked at Fulham

Sacked at Barcelona

Sacked at Newcastle

Regardless, still one of the greatest.

well if we get taken over and he is re-appointed as i expect, and we get a class attacking team together again,. they will look a right bunch of twats.

hows that ?

how,-- gratuitous indulging in Keegan bashing, then  he returns , we are good,= they are twats.

it doesn't matter who the person is i'll slag them off when they do something to be slagged off for and applaud accordingly when they deserve it.

i'll not defend someone to the hilt without evidence especially if i know they have previous.

Yeah, yeah he should've stayed with a lopsided squad when his pleas were going unheard.

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

Bobby Robson -

Sacked at Fulham

Sacked at Barcelona

Sacked at Newcastle

Regardless, still one of the greatest.

Yes because he never walked out on anyone.

What a stupid comparison you bring up.

as i've posted many times before. had wise been the manager and keegan DoF and the what many believe (without a single shred of evidence) most would still blindly back keegan. personality not evidence is dictating what many think.

Not a single shred of evidence

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the Team.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan was allowed to manage his specific duties without any interference from any Board member.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

We thought this might be a good time to try and get the club to own up to precisely which players Wise was responsible for unearthing and signing.

“Who’s been your top player?” came the reply. This time it was David Williamson (NUFC Executive Director of Operations), previously silent by Derek’s right hand side, who was speaking.

“Bassong” came the universal reply “He was Dennis’ ” confirmed Williamson. Jonas was next to be named as a Wise buy. “Pick your top five players this season and you’ll see that they were Dennis’ players

Our suggestion of Shay Given as a contender for that role was met coolly by the officials and with black humour by the attendees.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008.

The only thing Keegan can be "blamed" for is taking on the job to save us from relegation under those conditions in the first place whilst allowing them to put a clause in his contract where he would have to pay the club millions of pounds should he leave, and believing in the same vacuous promises of "challenging for everything" that most on here did.

as i've posted many times before. had wise been the manager and keegan DoF and the what many believe (without a single shred of evidence) most would still blindly back keegan. personality not evidence is dictating what many think.

Not a single shred of evidence

NEWCASTLE United announces that Dennis Wise has agreed to join the Club in the role of Executive Director (Football). Also joining the Club are Tony Jimenez as Vice President (Player Recruitment) and Jeff Vetere, who joins from Real Madrid in the position of Technical Co-ordinator.

Dennis will assist the Board on football-related matters, including the development of the Club's Academy and player recruitment. He will report to the Chairman. Tony and Jeff will also assist in player recruitment.

The arrival of these three new recruits follows on from the recent appointment of Kevin Keegan as manager. Kevin will be responsible for all matters related to the First Team.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, on appointment on 16th January 2008, agreed to report to a Director of Football and to the Board.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan worked within that structure from 16th January 2008 until his resignation.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan, as manager, had specific duties in that he was responsible for the training, coaching, selection and motivation of the Team.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan was allowed to manage his specific duties without any interference from any Board member.

It is a fact that Kevin Keegan agreed only to deal with the media in relation to Club matters relating to the Team and not to communicate with the media in relation to the acquisition or disposal of players.

We thought this might be a good time to try and get the club to own up to precisely which players Wise was responsible for unearthing and signing.

“Who’s been your top player?” came the reply. This time it was David Williamson (NUFC Executive Director of Operations), previously silent by Derek’s right hand side, who was speaking.

“Bassong” came the universal reply “He was Dennis’ ” confirmed Williamson. Jonas was next to be named as a Wise buy. “Pick your top five players this season and you’ll see that they were Dennis’ players

Our suggestion of Shay Given as a contender for that role was met coolly by the officials and with black humour by the attendees.

The structure at NUFC is clear, and has been clear from 16th January 2008.

The only thing Keegan can be "blamed" for is taking on the job to save us from relegation under those conditions in the first place whilst allowing them to put a clause in his contract where he would have to pay the club millions of pounds should he leave, and believing in the same vacuous promises of "challenging for everything" that most on here did.

your evidence quote 1...what does executive director mean. does a scout work on player recruitment ?..i notice on the 3rd emboldend bit you neglected to bolden the word ALL, no doubt as that would seem to say that it was all keegans wotk with some assisting by others.

quote 2...report to..mourinho had to report to whats his name the ex man utd bloke. i'd be quite sure ferguson reports to others aswell, it's a pretty vague term. why not embloden the second sentence as that appears to condemn keegan a bit.

quote 3...bit of controversy here as bassongs signing was always claimed as being keegans. even then as i've asked loads of times what if keegan wanted players who were out of reach and refused to budge.(re signori first time round)

Guest The Libertine

hows that ?

I'm in this camp.

im amazed that this is even a camp. common sense would say that this is how it should be, as its this way for every other human in the world. (maybe not michael jackson)

hows that ?

I'm in this camp.

im amazed that this is even a camp. common sense would say that this is how it should be, as its this way for every other human in the world. (maybe not michael jackson)

trouble with common sense is it's not very common.

hows that ?

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

I'm sorry but what a f***ing numpty.

I couldn't give a s*** personally what he did at Man Shitty, Fulham or Engalnd.

The first time he walked out, he was making a stand against false promises and showing he wouldn't be walked all over, and it bloody worked too because he got the backing he was promised and we went on to great things.

The second time he left on the principle of the change to a PLC, again over time this was proved to be the right move, because I honestly don't think anyone could say the club was ever the same again, all that change did was allow the Halls and Shepherd to milk the club for a lot of money.

If you still think the 3rd time he left was a in some way or form wrong, then where the hell have you been in the last 12 months or so ??

KK has made his mistakes, no doubt, but he's far from deserving the level of abuse he gets from some ileducated children on here, I'm glad they are just a very vocal minority of Newcastle fans.

hows that ?

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

I'm sorry but what a f***ing numpty.

I couldn't give a s*** personally what he did at Man Shitty, Fulham or Engalnd.

The first time he walked out, he was making a stand against false promises and showing he wouldn't be walked all over, and it bloody worked too because he got the backing he was promised and we went on to great things.

The second time he left on the principle of the change to a PLC, again over time this was proved to be the right move, because I honestly don't think anyone could say the club was ever the same again, all that change did was allow the Halls and Shepherd to milk the club for a lot of money.

If you still think the 3rd time he left was a in some way or form wrong, then where the hell have you been in the last 12 months or so ??

KK has made his mistakes, no doubt, but he's far from deserving the level of abuse he gets from some ileducated children on here, I'm glad they are just a very vocal minority of Newcastle fans.

Agree with every word of that  :thup:

People are a bit sensitive on the subject of Keegan then  :kinnear:

Think you'll always have some people annoyed a little with him regardless because they know we would have done better if he'd chosen to stick it out. Its a compliment to his ability as a manager really. He doesnt actually get much serious "abuse" from what ive seen, people just make jokes. I bet 95% would take him back as manager in a second if we had the chance.

Think you'll always have some people annoyed a little with him regardless because they know we would have done better if he'd chosen to stick it out. Its a compliment to his ability as a manager really. He doesnt actually get much serious "abuse" from what ive seen, people just make jokes. I bet 95% would take him back as manager in a second if we had the chance.

as with the previous board. hurrah for the good stuff and booooo for the bad stuff.

i personally think keegan as a manager was a spent force after england. at citeh he relied on spending power to get promoted and to stay in the prem without being anywhere near enetertaining. then got a decent newcastle squad to play moderatly well but nowhere near their potential.

Guest fraser

hows that ?

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

Regardless of the above, we can't just ignore what he has achieved.

as with the previous board. hurrah for the good stuff and booooo for the bad stuff.

i personally think keegan as a manager was a spent force after england. at citeh he relied on spending power to get promoted and to stay in the prem without being anywhere near enetertaining. then got a decent newcastle squad to play moderatly well but nowhere near their potential.

He was here less than a full season man, what did you expect him to do in that time?  Pretty much confirms you haven't got a clue or just slagging off Keegan for the sake of it.