La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

Guest Heneage

was watching the Mallorca Valencia game yesterday. Ever Banega got subbed and acted like a complete co(k to his coach....I suppose not so unexpected given his past behaviours. Good game nonetheless.

PS: Borja Valero looks a completely different player to his West Brom days.

Was that Banega pun what I think it was? To do with Banega being La Ligas answer to Ashley Young in the wanking stakes?

Mallorca likely to enter administration at the end of the season, with short term debt totalling 40m.

That would jeopardise their bid for CL football next season (they currently sit at 4th place with 5 games to go)

Ah that's a bloody shitter. Surely the points deduction or whatever would happen next season, or how does it work?

The thing is CL money could go along way to helping their debt out.

Mallorca likely to enter administration at the end of the season, with short term debt totalling 40m.

That would jeopardise their bid for CL football next season (they currently sit at 4th place with 5 games to go)

Ah that's a bloody shitter. Surely the points deduction or whatever would happen next season, or how does it work?

The thing is CL money could go along way to helping their debt out.

No points deduction for clubs in administration in Spain. However, outstanding debt must be paid (or reach an agreement with the creditors), or they will be relegated automatically.

Spanish papers say that UEFA might not allow clubs in administration getting in Europe, like Pompey. Not sure they have that right though.

What  fall from grace for Celta Vigo. 17th in La Segunda and probably relegated....

They lost yesterday to an 86th minute goal with their keeper running 40 yards up the pitch to lambast and shove his teammate for giving the ball away.

On youtube if you type

PELEA DEL PORTERO DEL CELTA CON UN DEFENSA DE SU EQUIPO 24-04-2010

Tell me, one of my best friends is a Celta supporter and he's been closing in to suicide for a while now. They barely dodged relegation last season, and they are looking worse this year. The team spirit is completely gone as you can see in this video, and the squad is devoid of quality as they have been forced to sell since the relegation and their finances aren't good.

Incidentally, elsewhere in La Liga another bout of fisticuffs happened at the end of the Mallorca-Málaga between Aduriz and Keita

http://estaticos01.marca.com/imagenes/2010/04/25/futbol/equipos/mallorca/1272225496_extras_noticia_foton_7_2.jpg

There's a rumor going round, and reported by Marca today, that Primera División clubs have agreed to break away from La Liga and create a Spanish "Premier League". Barça and Madrid have apparently spearheaded the movement (despite our rivalry we actually go hand-in-hand in all the big-clubbish scheming).

There's confimation that a meeting has been held today in Madrid between Laporta, Florentino and some other La Liga chairmen.

Well, details are hazy, is sort of breaking news. But around the things thrown around:

- Full control of match scheduling. They want to move games to schedules more favorable to emerging markets like the Asian one (which I would hate).

- Collective bargaining of TV rights (although money wouldn't be assigned equally but dependant on the audiences they pull, which would preserve Barça and Madrid's advantage).

- Stricter financial control of clubs competing in the league.

Mostly the word is that the top clubs have seen the writing on the wall for the league with what has been going on these past seasons (most Spanish clubs are technically bankrupt, and the lack of competitiveness has reduced TV audiences and international interest, etc...) and want to refloat the league to compete with the PL.

First two points sound fairly shit, third one essential based on my low knowledge of la liga. Problem, as ever, with financial controls is that unless everyone (every country that is) takes them on at once it could be a nightmare. Bizarre that you have to tell businesses they're not allowed to cripple themselves mind.

If they move my games to PL schedules I will totally hate it. For starters it conflicts with the Spanish lifestyle, since we eat, go out, etc... at different times than you (for example we are having lunch when the PL is playing) and then it ruins my football weekends where I can watch the different leagues in succession.

If they move my games to PL schedules I will totally hate it. For starters it conflicts with the Spanish lifestyle, since we eat, go out, etc... at different times than you (for example we are having lunch when the PL is playing) and then it ruins my football weekends where I can watch the different leagues in succession.

Aren't you in america though? :laugh:

Would be a shambles if it all got rearranged for a bit more money, I agree.

Aren't you in america though? :laugh:

Would be a shambles if it all got rearranged for a bit more money, I agree.

Well, I was speaking from the pov of people going to games. Plus it's likely I'll be heading back to the motherland this summer.

And Minister, our current viewership is mostly in SA and the latino communities in countries like the USA. The PL doesn't have much of a graft over that audience, so the plan I guess is to keep those and attack the Asian markets which are currently dominated by the PL.

Guest neesy111

Well, details are hazy, is sort of breaking news. But around the things thrown around:

- Full control of match scheduling. They want to move games to schedules more favorable to emerging markets like the Asian one (which I would hate).

- Collective bargaining of TV rights (although money wouldn't be assigned equally but dependant on the audiences they pull, which would preserve Barça and Madrid's advantage).

- Stricter financial control of clubs competing in the league.

Mostly the word is that the top clubs have seen the writing on the wall for the league with what has been going on these past seasons (most Spanish clubs are technically bankrupt, and the lack of competitiveness has reduced TV audiences and international interest, etc...) and want to refloat the league to compete with the PL.

La liga dull :lol: i watch it more than the premiership!

Incidentally, the relegation dogfight has heatened up quite a bit. A few weeks ago Tenerife/Valladolid/Xerez were certainties and some good results from all of them has put them back with a chance, and now even the 13th placed team (Sporting) is just 3 points above the drop zone with 3 games to go. Even Xerez has a small chance, 6 points off.