La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

The picture isn't loading.

I assume you mean this man?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B1JtfOpd85I/STef57foJGI/AAAAAAAAGek/tajo75Angpo/s400/0+johan+cruijff+cruyff+barcelona.jpg

Aye, we are living through a golden age of the club. Before the summer of 1990 we were barely "best of the rest" in La Liga, I wouldn't have believed that 20 years later we would be in the position we are in, playing the way we do, admired by so many.

I still blame this man:

http://members.fortunecity.es/mariosh/Jugador_es_archivos/BCN2.jpg

He showed us the way.

Don't recognize him at all.

I've just been having a random thought about some of the great players Barca have had over the past twenty years or so, and how difficult it would be to pick a balanced XI from that.

Take a look at some of the forwards they have had for example:

• Ronaldo
  • Romario
  • Messi
  • Rivaldo
  • Ronaldinho
  • Stoitchkov

Then you've got some great midfielders such as Xavi, Guardiola and Michael Laudrup.

Absolutely mind boggling.

You can also add players like Figo and Luis Enrique to the class midfielders they've had aswell!!

The picture isn't loading.

I assume you mean this man?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B1JtfOpd85I/STef57foJGI/AAAAAAAAGek/tajo75Angpo/s400/0+johan+cruijff+cruyff+barcelona.jpg

Aye.

He transformed the club completely. Not only because of the trophies he won, but because he set the way Barça is expected to play, he gave us our footballing identity.

I've just been having a random thought about some of the great players Barca have had over the past twenty years or so, and how difficult it would be to pick a balanced XI from that.

• Ronaldo
  • Romario
  • Messi
  • Rivaldo
  • Ronaldinho
  • Stoitchkov

Then you've got some great midfielders such as Xavi, Guardiola and Michael Laudrup.

You can also add players like Figo and Luis Enrique to the class midfielders they've had aswell!!

Hagi, Amor and Koeman

• Ronaldo
  • Romario
  • Messi
  • Rivaldo
  • Ronaldinho
  • Stoitchkov

Hagi, Iniesta, Luis Enrique and Deco to name some more. Ridiculous.

As expected, Mallorca have entered administration. Their president has also confirmed that Manzano will leave the club for another "of significant higher level" (strongly rumored to be Sevilla).

This is the first time a first division club does it in Spain.

was told the other day that balague is gay

I refuse to believe this, it would quite possibly shatter my whole world. Took me a while to get over the shock of finding out Derren Brown was gay, this would be worse.

Might as well post last year's awards. Contrarily to the English ones, they are given out right before the next season starts, so the new ones won't be known until August.

LFP Awards 2008-2009:

Best Player: Leo Messi

Best Goalkeeper: Iker Casillas

Best Manager: Josep Guardiola

Best Defender: Dani Alves

Best Midfielder: Xavi Hernández

Best Attacking Midfielder: Andrés Iniesta

Best Forward: Leo Messi

Best New Player: Sergio Busquets

Fair Play Award: Juan Carlos Valerón

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12087_6162429,00.html

Guillem's perfect XI

Is pedro of barca that good ?

Yes, he should win spanish young player of the year for me

Ahead of Pique?

Also Balague isn't gay he's with Lampards ex something Rivas.

I also refuse to believe this, she is fit as fuck. If true, Guillem must be hiding a 13 inch battleaxe down there.

Guest neesy111

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12087_6162429,00.html

Guillem's perfect XI

Is pedro of barca that good ?

Yes, he should win spanish young player of the year for me

Ahead of Pique?

Also Balague isn't gay he's with Lampards ex something Rivas.

I also refuse to believe this, she is fit as fuck. If true, Guillem must be hiding a 13 inch battleaxe down there.

this is from someone working in skysports as well

Guest Heneage

I saw them on that WAGS in Africa thing man, he's pushing her kids in a buggy as they go shopping. She's from Barcelona.

Guest neesy111

Might as well post last year's awards. Contrarily to the English ones, they are given out right before the next season starts, so the new ones won't be known until August.

LFP Awards 2008-2009:

this is how it should go for this season for me:

best player: messi

manager: Gregorio Manzano (wish it was pep, but mallorca have been a miracle this season)

goalkeeper: Victor Valdes (was critical of him before this season, but proved me wrong and should be spain's number one in south africa)

defender: Pique (awesome season from a player most considered back-up just over a year ago for milito or puyol, potentially could be better than the general)

midfielder: Xabi Alonso (he's been the guy that has made madrid tick)

attacking midfielder: (can't decide yet)

striker: messi (to me this guy is the best player we've had to grace us playing the beautiful game)

best young player: Pedro (what a revelation, this boy has got great potential how barca produce so many class players is beyond me).

best new player; Ronaldo (simply carried madrid by himself at times, brilliant player but not in same league as messi in terms of overall package)

LFP Awards 2008-2009:

this is how it should go for this season for me:

best player: messi

manager: Gregorio Manzano (wish it was pep, but mallorca have been a miracle this season)

goalkeeper: Victor Valdes (was critical of him before this season, but proved me wrong and should be spain's number one in south africa)

defender: Pique (awesome season from a player most considered back-up just over a year ago for milito or puyol, potentially could be better than the general)

midfielder: Xabi Alonso (he's been the guy that has made madrid tick)

attacking midfielder: (can't decide yet)

striker: messi (to me this guy is the best player we've had to grace us playing the beautiful game)

best young player: Pedro (what a revelation, this boy has got great potential how barca produce so many class players is beyond me).

best new player; Ronaldo (simply carried madrid by himself at times, brilliant player but not in same league as messi in terms of overall package)

xabi alonso ahead of xavi!!! you'll not get many takers there surely?