Would You Invest Your Pension Fund In NUFC?

Crumpy Gunt

The integral part of FANS 410 plan for the takeover of NUFC.

Could be the Barcelona style takeover they are talking about. Could give Shearer £25M+ per season to spend.

You'de also get a dividend and season ticket on the invested funds.

Guest Stephen927

Yeah, whats the bank account number, i will send everything i got with no security at all  :frantic:

You are some guy. How about putting it into my bank account seeing as I live local, and I'll make sure it gets into the hands of Mike Ashley in person.

Guest Stephen927

Yeah, whats the bank account number, i will send everything i got with no security at all  :frantic:

You are some guy. How about putting it into my bank account seeing as I live local, and I'll make sure it gets into the hands of Mike Ashley in person.

Bring it on, send me a pm and i will do it  :crazy2:

You promise to put everything to the supporters fund for sure?

Have I ever lied to you? I am a man of my word.

After PMing you, I can confirm that djmattis is sending me £2,000 in £500 installments over the coming weeks. What a guy, djmattis ladies and gentlemen. :clap:

Should have said I heard about this last week but kept it quiet coz I'd been asked to, but Roberts has just given the full explanation on Sky Sports about 10 minutes ago.

He's on there now still. He'll be at SJP today and claims he's full support of supporters groups etc.

Should have said I heard about this last week but kept it quiet coz I'd been asked to, but Roberts has just given the full explanation on Sky Sports about 10 minutes ago.

He's on there now still. He'll be at SJP today and claims he's full support of supporters  groups etc.

Why did you bother keeping it quiet? Its hardly like this 'bid' stands a chance.

The more I think about this... Fucking hell it's heart wrenching enough to watch Newcastle plummet anyway, imagine if it had the added bonus of "Fucking hell, there goes my pension money."  On the plus side, it would be one of the few pension pots not to be effected by the pensions crisis, seeing as none of us would get past 60 before an inevitable heart attack.

No way. Who is this Roberts bloke, btw?  ???

What is it about the state of NUFC that drags mentalists to associate themselves along with it in the name of free publicity? :thdn:

Graham Roberts. Ex Spurs and Rangers

The more I think about this... Fucking hell it's heart wrenching enough to watch Newcastle plummet anyway, imagine if it had the added bonus of "Fucking hell, there goes my pension money." On the plus side, it would be one of the few pension pots not to be effected by the pensions crisis, seeing as none of us would get past 60 before an inevitable heart attack.

My understanding is that money that is put forward will not just disappear. It will be invested collectively to give a return, which is the £25m+ per season Roberts reckons would be to spend. Although I'm fully agreed it is closer to pie in the sky than actual reality it would still be interesting to see the ins and outs of how it might all work. It doesn't just need to be pension funds.

Quick edit,

Does anyone have an idea of the way that Barcelona is actually ran (as this appears to be Roberts ideal scenario) I can say I know fuck all about it other than the supporters elect a president.

My concern would be that in the current climate there's no such thing as a definite return on anything.  I'm not even too sure I trust Prudential to invest my pension stuff without things going horribly wrong, so they'd have to do a lot to convince me it'd be in good hands.

My concern would be that in the current climate there's no such thing as a definite return on anything.  I'm not even too sure I trust Prudential to invest my pension stuff without things going horribly wrong, so they'd have to do a lot to convince me it'd be in good hands.

There-in lies 99% of the reason it will in all likelyhood fail miserably.

No way. Who is this Roberts bloke, btw?  ???

What is it about the state of NUFC that drags mentalists to associate themselves along with it in the name of free publicity? :thdn:

Graham Roberts. Ex Spurs and Rangers

Oh aye. Forgot about him - says it all really!