Cardiff City vs Newcastle United 13/9/09 Pre Match Thread - 2:05 KO, live on Sky

LiquidAK

GK - Harper

RB - Simpson

LB - Enrique

CB - S.Taylor

CB - Coloccini

RM - R.Taylor

LM - Guthrie

CM - Barton

CM - Smith

CM/CF - Nolan

CF - Carroll/Ranger

Pretty much nailed on to be the team, unless Loven is fit to start in which case I could see him being on the left and R Taylor dropping down.

Where is everyone thinking about drinking before the game, close to the ground or the City Centre?

I'm going to be getting in around 11 and having a few in Town then walk down when it's half time in the Brum v Villa game.

Where is everyone thinking about drinking before the game, close to the ground or the City Centre?

I'm going to be getting in around 11 and having a few in Town then walk down when it's half time in the Brum v Villa game.

I'm going to look at the National Assembly for Wales building, I'm sad like that! :blush:

Was planning on drinking around the train station / town centre area. Will be getting there about 11 too, time to squeeze in a few cheeky beers.

I'm going to look at the National Assembly for Wales building, I'm sad like that! :blush:

You know that's down the bay area? About 5 minute drive from the Centre. Nice building though.

Guest Brummiemag

Stopping overnight on the Saturday - we should be in the pub by 10am on the morning of the game - so I guess it will be the weatherspoons near the station which I think is on St Marys Place (looks like the main street for pubs).

I guess a lot of pubs wont be open till midday on Sunday so it will definitely be spoons to start with.

It looks like about a 30 minute walk to the ground from there. 

The one at the bottom of St Marys Street (Prince of Wales I'm guessing your talking about).

Got a bit nasty before, it was after a game last season, I was in there speaking to a few boys I know who are in the Cardiff firm, got a bit of hassle for no reason even though I knew people. If that's where a majority are heading though and we have good number, I will go in there, it's the first pub off the train.... If that's the general opinion then I will be there at 11  ;D

And ye, it's a 20-25 minute walk from there. Pretty straight as well.

Guest Brummiemag

Not a pub I will be going in, the one at the bottom of St Marys Street (Prince of Wales I'm guessing your talking about).

Got a bit nasty before, it was after a game last season, I was in there speaking to a few boys I know who are in the Cardiff firm, got a bit of hassle for no reason even though I knew people. If that's where a majority are heading though and we have good number, I will go in there, it's the first pub off the train.... If that's the general opinion then I will be there at 11  ;D

Not sure its the general opinion but dont know the area and dont know what other pubs would be open on Sunday morning? Any recommendations? 

Would like to think there won't be any hassle on a Sunday morning!!

Not a pub I will be going in, the one at the bottom of St Marys Street (Prince of Wales I'm guessing your talking about).

Not sure its the general opinion but dont know the area and dont know what other pubs would be open on Sunday morning? Any recommendations? 

Would like to think there won't be any hassle on a Sunday morning!!

Hopefully it was a case of Cardiff fans just getting in the closest pub they got to in the City Centre. I don't see trouble before the game but just thought I would point that out... I will be in there anyway, well outside.

There are shed loads of pubs on St' Mary's Street as it's the main strip. There is another 'spoons called the gatekeeper, which is on Westgate Street (around the back of St Mary's Street) opposite the Millennium Stadium (2mins walk from Prince of Wales).  As you say, I imagine most of the others will be closed.

UPDATE: Just had this from a City fan in work:

Well I'd maybe avoid the Prince of Wales, as that can attract a hefty number of City fans, also the City Arms and the Cottage are no go pubs as they are Bluebird strongholds.  Just keep an eye out for any idiots, because trust me, they will be about and obviously don't court too much attention.  But I'm sure you know the etiquette of away supporters !! ;o)

Carroll out.

No surprise... Ranger again then, coming off the back of a goal midweek. I have faith in him. Probaby mean Butt in midfield with Nolan pushing further up in support.

Harps

Simmo

Steven

Colo

Enrique

Barton

Butt

Smith

Guthrie

Nolan

Ranger

Unless Raylor plays infront of Butt, which I hope is the case. As Barton can come infield.

I hope Ranger continues where he left off against Leicester, he was definitely getting a lot more confident as the game wore on.

Aye, shame he looks like he's been taking shooting lessons from Jonas. I just wish he'd pluck up the courage to have efforts on goal, he's probably got a sweet shot.

I hope Ranger continues where he left off against Leicester, he was definitely getting a lot more confident as the game wore on.

Aye, shame he looks like he's been taking shooting lessons from Jonas. I just wish he'd pluck up the courage to have efforts on goal, he's probably got a sweet shot.

The one he had was only about a yard away from being a screamer. Can't see him being prolific this season but if he takes the gambles I can see him getting a few tasty goals.

Guest toonlass

Howay man, give the lad a break. He is a bairn, he is just starting out and his confidence will come. Let him play and see what happens. He scored for England midweek which will have helped him.

The one he had was only about a yard away from being a screamer. Can't see him being prolific this season but if he takes the gambles I can see him getting a few tasty goals.

And he was already falling down when he hit it.

We just didn't create any chances for him against Leicester - he certainly didn't miss any chances

we've had other forwards who got slagged off cos they didn't make any chances for themselves.

When playing up front on their own on their full debut?