Marlon Harewood

Dave

My mate is a Wolves fan and they had Harewood on loan last season. Said he was terrible and the fans were getting on his back after a couple of games cos he was so bad.

Aye, and Carroll's shit in the Championship because he only scored one goal on loan at Preston.

Guest Roger Kint

New number 9 is he?

I hope not.

Why?

Number 9 is a special one for this club, not sure i like throwing it at somebody who will be gone before the Xmas tree

Guest Roger Kint

New number 9 is he?

I hope not.

Why?

Number 9 is a special one for this club, not sure i like throwing it at somebody who will be gone before the Xmas tree

It's just a number.

Yeah ok then. You could argue its just a football club but people still worship it :undecided:

Guest Roger Kint

I reckon the number 9 should be respected, call it meaningless but it's nice to have a little tradition.

We don't have to wear black and white stripes next season but there'd be uproar if we didn't.  :cheesy:

This

I think we need to get rid of this obsession over the number 9. While it is a number that should be given to our leading striker, it's not much more than that. We shouldn't be waiting for a demigod to sign for the toon just to fill out the number 9 shirt.

In all honesty, Shola should be our number 9.

Guest Roger Kint

I think we need to get rid of this obsession over the number 9. While it is a number that should be given to our leading striker, it's not much more than that. We shouldn't be waiting for a demi-god to sign for the toon just to fill out the number 9 shirt.

I actually agree with that, just dont want a loan player to have it. Call me daft but thats just my opinion.

I think we need to get rid of this obsession over the number 9. While it is a number that should be given to our leading striker, it's not much more than that. We shouldn't be waiting for a demi-god to sign for the toon just to fill out the number 9 shirt.

I actually agree with that, just dont want a loan player to have it. Call me daft but thats just my opinion.

Aye well, the loan player aspect of this makes it an exception perhaps, I just think our reluctancy to fill that shirt isn't a good thing. As I say, if Martins had left a little earlier, Shola could've snapped it up. Then everyone would be happy :lol:

New number 9 is he?

I hope not.

Why?

It's just a number.

Here's some advice: don't ever apply to go on Deal or No Deal. Noel Edmonds would kick the shit out of you if he heard you saying something like that.

I reckon the number 9 should be respected, call it meaningless but it's nice to have a little tradition.

We don't have to wear black and white stripes next season but there'd be uproar if we didn't.  :cheesy:

A nice little tradition? It's a load of mythical bullshit. We've had some absolute dross wear it over the years, just since we've had Andy Cole we've been spoilt in that respect.

A nice little tradition? It's a load of mythical bullshit. We've had some absolute dross wear it over the years, just since we've had Andy Cole we've been spoilt in that respect.

Yes tradition, you are aware tradition can start at any time in history?  The number is always heavily associated with Newcastle anyway and its not surprising considering those who have wore it.

Am I the only person not jumping up and down with joy over this? If he turns out to be able to score a few goals, all well and good, be he has never been what you could call a prolific goal-scorer has he?

Just been listening to Real radio on the way home and a boro supporter was gutted we'd signed Harewood. Just wondering how you would feel if he'd signed for boro instead of us? I don't think i would have been happy to see him go there.

Yes tradition, you are aware tradition can start at any time in history?  The number is always heavily associated with Newcastle anyway and its not surprising considering those who have wore it.

It's not, I agree. However this "tradition" has been heightened ever since we signed Shearer. I can't say I'm arsed one bit by whoever wears it as long as they score goals on the pitch.