Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Also read somewhere we've just signed 2-16 year olds from Ireland.

If you can post the article that would be great. I love getting linked with youngsters  :blush:

Now there's a line that could be open to false interpretation.  ???

Guest Roger Kint

Is Benni McCarthy past it or would he not be a better loan than Harewood?

Blackburn said hes for sale and not going out on loan

Is Benjani still knocking about. He's total s*** but could probably do a job in this league

Aye, I said we should go for him back in september.

Was scoring for fun before he went to City. If his pace is still all there he'd be a great signing, but he'll be on big wages there.

Also read somewhere we've just signed 2-16 year olds from Ireland.

If you can post the article that would be great. I love getting linked with youngsters  :blush:

I would if I could find it again, it was a quote from Llambias.

We are particularly interested in player under the age of 22 because we have always had an idea of building something for the future as well as the present. We are currently talking to two 16 year-olds from Ireland who we are going to sign for our Academy (one of whom is presumably Dundalk defender Nathan Murphy).

http://www.nufc.com/

Guest Heneage

Serginho Greene is on a free after not extending his contract with Feyenoord.

no ,he signed for Vitesse Arnhem

Poo, just checked, he signed the day before. :lol:

Is Benjani still knocking about. He's total s*** but could probably do a job in this league

He's garbage, rubbish of the lowest type. He's had one mildly prolific season in his entire career. Even for Auxerre and in the South African PL he wasn't exactly banging the goals in. Still, he tries hard, and I'd probaly prefer him to Harewood, who apparently doesn't give a damn.

Following from another thread: Moritz Volz. Only 26 as well.

As we have seen with Marlon once these players have been out for long time it is often not worth bringing them.

I agree with this. Buying over the hill players doesn't usually work for us, I'd rather we went for younger players looking to make their mark, and if we can't unearth any outstanding prospects, play our own like Ranger and Carroll.

As we have seen with Marlon once these players have been out for long time it is often not worth bringing them.

I agree with this. Buying over the hill players doesn't usually work for us, I'd rather we went for younger players looking to make their mark, and if we can't unearth any outstanding prospects, play our own like Ranger and Carroll.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say

But how many players of this ilk are going to be available for under £1m?

Guest Roger Kint

But how many players of this ilk are going to be available for under £1m?

Why under £1m?