Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Outgoings will be the killer in January. If we lose Enrique, Colocinni, Nolan (not that I rate him) and the like... we'll be fucked.

Now that there's no hope for the immediate future I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of S Talyor are considering their futures as well.

We should do everything possible to get Beckford in.  Afterall, Ashley is gonna invest £20m (lol)

Leeds have made it clear they are not going to sell a player out of contract in the summer who is going to get them promotion this year.

No thats just Ken Bates saying give us a shitload of money or piss off.

Are we still in for Mbia and Ebondo?

What about Veloso, he must surely be available now?

:kinnear:

Ebondo isn't anything but decent. We actually could probaly still acquire him if we put out the cash. I watch M'bia pretty much every week now, and I'm yet to really be impressed.

How much do you think the likes of Peter Whittingham or Nicky Maynard would cost us. Maybe we could try and revive the career of David Odonkor? We could probaly get for less than free at this point.

Are we still in for Mbia and Ebondo?

What about Veloso, he must surely be available now?

:kinnear:

Ebondo isn't anything but decent. We actually could probaly still acquire him if we put out the cash. I watch M'bia pretty much every week now, and I'm yet to really be impressed.

How much do you think the likes of Peter Whittingham or Nicky Maynard would cost us. Maybe we could try and revive the career of David Odonkor? We could probaly get for less than free at this point.

He pays us?  Ashley will go in for that kind of action.

We should do everything possible to get Beckford in.  Afterall, Ashley is gonna invest £20m (lol)

Leeds have made it clear they are not going to sell a player out of contract in the summer who is going to get them promotion this year.

That's exactly what it is, £3.5m will get him.

Outgoings will be the killer in January. If we lose Enrique, Colocinni, Nolan (not that I rate him) and the like... we'll be fucked.

Now that there's no hope for the immediate future I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of S Talyor are considering their futures as well.

That's a fair point. We are desperate for decent wide players and IMO this will probably be the difference between going up or cementing our second class status for a long time. I refuse to speculate on possible signings while Ashley is owner though as he has consistently failed to follow up previous promises to invest in the transfer window. He is a lying fat bastard and this has been proven in court.

Is Dyer injured again at West Ham or just out of favour? Could be worth having a look at on a loan deal in January to add a bit of pace into midfield if nowt else.

And have him not playing through yet another "injury" sitting at home eating pizzas, on his mobile phone, being a charver ars*hole like he was when he was last here ?

If ever there was a criminal waste of talent, it's that d*ckhead

Outgoings will be the killer in January. If we lose Enrique, Colocinni, Nolan (not that I rate him) and the like... we'll be f***ed.

Now that the c**t has stop the sale, doesn't seem likely he will sanction too many sales that will weaken the chances of promotion. Surely even a dumb f**k like him will realise that promotion will mean a lot more dosh than flogging off some key players during a crucial period

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Outgoings will be the killer in January. If we lose Enrique, Colocinni, Nolan (not that I rate him) and the like... we'll be f***ed.

I think its safe to say Enrique's gone. He's our best player by a county mile, he looks absolutely class in this division, and I doubt we'll be able to hold off interest from Spain or the Premier League.

I am sure Paul Grayson would not put himself out there as has done in summer saying the above & repeating again this week.

"The chairman has promised he'll go on supporting my decision from the summer that Jermaine will stay until the end of the season no matter what," said Grayson.

"The January window will make no difference.

"If he leaves on a free after winning us promotion then that's our sole aim - if he decides to sign a new deal in the meantime, then so much the bette

Guest Roger Kint

Simon Cox who was high in the goal charts in Div 1 last season with Beckford looks like he has struggled at CCC level so far.

Cox is a better all round player imo too. Wouldnt go for Beckford anyway, too much to buy and not good enough to help us in the Premier League should we go up.

Simon Cox who was high in the goal charts in Div 1 last season with Beckford looks like he has struggled at CCC level so far.

In the one start he's had.

The manager not picking a player to start is often a good indicator.

They've got good options, we haven't.

Cox would be our best striker (right now) by a mile never mind Beckford.

No they havent.

Andy Carroll has scored as many league goals as there top striker & Shola has scored more than him. Is Luke Moore better than Marlon? Nile has scored as many as Cox.

As a team they have scored only 3 more goals than us. That is down to our midfield having players like Smith, Barton, Jonas who are not noted for scoring goals.