Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Have Miller and Bednar played much? I always saw West Brom as strongest in midfield.

Not sure about Miller but Bednar has had a few games. Your spot on WBA are strongest in midfield.

Waht happened with the whole Bednar buying cocaine and cannibis issue? It seems like it went away a bit too quietly.

Guest Heneage

Have Miller and Bednar played much? I always saw West Brom as strongest in midfield.

Not sure about Miller but Bednar has had a few games. Your spot on WBA are strongest in midfield.

Waht happened with the whole Bednar buying cocaine and cannibis issue? It seems like it went away a bit too quietly.

Amazingly, no criminal sentence, and a retrospective ban from WBA, it was really pushed under the rug.

Amazingly, no criminal sentence, and a retrospective ban from WBA, it was really pushed under the rug.

His half brother didn't murder a black man though [/The Sun]

Got a 3 month ban. He kept his head down & his nose clean during his ban.

Bednar wasn't so upset about getting similar treatment from his own team-mates. He laughed with the Birmingham Mail this week: "When I finally got back to training, I walked in to find a little package which when I opened was full of white washing powder. That’s the dressing room humour for you."

He did however get upset when Palace players called him a drug dealer.

Hardly amazing. Did Katona get done when she was blasting the charlie down her nose?

Simon Cox who was high in the goal charts in Div 1 last season with Beckford looks like he has struggled at CCC level so far.

In the one start he's had.

The manager not picking a player to start is often a good indicator.

They've got good options, we haven't.

Cox would be our best striker (right now) by a mile never mind Beckford.

You're kidding, right?

Guest Roger Kint

Before we continue talking about Beckford, we all know he is better atm than any of the strikers at NUFC right now.

Do we? Whats his games/goals compared to Ameobi this season? There is no guarantee he is any better at this level given the fact he hasnt played in it has he?

We should blast every pound around on a creative midfielder.

I'd much rather have two box to box midfielders in the centre of midfield at this level. Plus what would you define as a creative midfielder? A classic number 10? Someone in the Riquelme mode? How many teams in the history of the Championship/Division 1/Division 2 have ever actually had such a player playing for them? I would say not many at all. At this level give me a Rob Lee (although unearting someone as good as Lee is quite a task) any day of the week.

Were still Newcastle United, with a bit of luck we could snatch a good midfielder.

The midfield has been a problem for years for us now, what makes you think Chris Hughton is the man to solve this problem?

I'd much rather have two box to box midfielders in the centre of midfield at this level. Plus what would you define as a creative midfielder? A classic number 10? Someone in the Riquelme mode? How many teams in the history of the Championship/Division 1/Division 2 have ever actually had such a player playing for them? I would say not many at all. At this level give me a Rob Lee (although unearting someone as good as Lee is quite a task) any day of the week.

Don't we have two box to box midfielders in Smith and Nolan? I'd answer that myself but I don't want to run the risk of being accused of having a blatant agenda.

Don't we have two box to box midfielders in Smith and Nolan? I'd answer that myself but I don't want to run the risk of being accused of having a blatant agenda.

smith is more of a ball winning midfielder than box to box, not that im complaining on that hes been great at that this season. Nolan meanwhile is a goal scoring midfielder but there are questions as to how much he adds to general midfield play but then again hes been good too so no complaints from me. Theoretically barton would be the ideal for box to box if he could ever get a run in the side.

Guest Stephen927

I wouldn't waste what would be a considerable amount of money per week, on a central defender. There simply isn't any need for Campbell at the minute, I'd sooner go after a striker who can manage to hit the back of the net with any kind of regularity.

I wouldn't waste what would be a considerable amount of money per week, on a central defender. There simply isn't any need for Campbell at the minute, I'd sooner go after a striker who can manage to hit the back of the net with any kind of regularity.

Has the past month just been a dream?

Guest Stephen927

In what respect?

We only have one decent striker though. It's just Shola, two kids, and Harewood who has apparently been pretty awful.