Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

That's what llambias said in his interview

No he didnt

Sorry your right it was around £1 million not less than, he actually said "However, in January, when the transfer window opens, if Chris sees a player he wants to buy for a million quid or so we will go out and get him for the team."

Guest Roger Kint

That's what llambias said in his interview

No he didnt

Sorry your right it was around £1 million not less than, he actually said "However, in January, when the transfer window opens, if Chris sees a player he wants to buy for a million quid or so we will go out and get him for the team."

Of course whether its true or not................... ;D

What's the most anyone has ever paid for a League One/third division player?

Rickie Lambert went to Southampton this summer from Bristol Rovers for £1m. I'd be surprised if the record was much higher than that.

Rickie Lambert went to Southampton this summer from Bristol Rovers for £1m. I'd be surprised if the record was much higher than that.

Agreed. £5m is fucking ridiculous.

Fabian Delph move from Leeds for an undisclosed fee but rumoured excess of 5 million.

Beckford will stay at Leeds till the summer imo. I reckon if no PL teams take a chance on him (could see the likes of Birmingham, Wigan etc taking him) then we'll be his first option, especially if we've gained promotion.

Beckford will stay at Leeds till the summer imo. I reckon if no PL teams take a chance on him (could see the likes of Birmingham, Wigan etc taking him) then we'll be his first option, especially if we've gained promotion.

:kinnear:

Beckford's a decent lad. The only reason i wouldn't go for him is because he isn't true premiership quality. He'd get perhaps 10 goals a season in the prem but wouldn't pose a conistent attacking threat.

He wouldn't get 10 Premier League goals.

I said 'perhaps' and how would you know?

:kinnear:

There should be an "other" in that first bold bit somewhere. Although, as we haven't actually got promotion yet, I still think he'll come here if no clubs already in the PL decide to take a chance on him, regardless whether we go up or not. If that makes sense.