Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Guest toonlass

anyway away from that horrifying picture the mail is saying cousin vaughn or carlos vela

NOOO, ok, yes please.

That said Cousin did well at Rangers didn't he?

Don't even go there. Stupid twat that he is. I will not be happy at all if THAT person ends up here.

Clutching at straws a touch but getting rid of Geremi today can't hurt our chances of signing someone on the last day of the window.

That's about 200k a month the club saves, so almost a million by the time his contract would have run out.

I imagine we've had a net spend of about £4-5m this window? (£500k Simpson, £900k Williamson, £1-£1.5m Routledge, £1-£1.5m Best)

Doubt there's many clubs in Europe who've got a bigger net spend this decade. ;)

Clutching at straws a touch but getting rid of Geremi today can't hurt our chances of signing someone on the last day of the window.

That's about 200k a month the club saves, so almost a million by the time his contract would have run out.

Has Geremi gone, or has he signed a pre-contract?

Just want people's opinion on this. If we go up and Hull go down who here would take Stephen Hunt? I think he'd be great for us and bit more pace and creativity on the wing would be welcome. He's also better going forward than anything we have at then moment.

Just want people's opinion on this. If we go up and Hull go down who here would take Stephen Hunt? I think he'd be great for us and bit more pace and creativity on the wing would be welcome. He's also better going forward than anything we have at then moment.

They rejected £5m for him. So no.

I know :lol: he looked gutted too on SSN, Wolves must have been in shock not to get him for that. Mind if they go down they won't knock back bids.

I know :lol: he looked gutted too on SSN, Wolves must have been in shock not to get him for that. Mind if they go down they won't knock back bids.

Aye if they go down they'll accept £5m with open arms, but personally wouldn't pay more than £3m for him at the very very most. He's not a bad player and would add to the squad, but the fee is a sticking point regardless of which division they are in.

Aye if they go down they'll accept £5m with open arms, but personally wouldn't pay more than £3m for him at the very very most. He's not a bad player and would add to the squad, but the fee is a sticking point regardless of which division they are in.

Yeah, the fee is steep but if they go down you'd never know what they'd be willing to except. I didn't actually know he was 28 though.

Wrong end of his career and they'd want £4m+ for him. Wouldn't be any better than Jonas either, imo.

He'd be much better then Jonas. He scores every now and again and doesn't fall over as much.

Yeah, the fee is steep but if they go down you'd never know what they'd be willing to except. I didn't actually know he was 28 though.

Wrong end of his career and they'd want £4m+ for him. Wouldn't be any better than Jonas either, imo.

He'd be much better then Jonas. He scores every now and again and doesn't fall over as much.

I think he'd be good competition for Jonas, and it could lead to us letting Jonas go without to many problems. As fast and determined as Jonas is, he doesn't create and doesn't score at all.

Guest johnson293

from NUFC.com...

Following a successful trial in December 2009 during which he appeared in a reserve friendly against Hibernian, it's reported that United have how completed the signing of attacking midfielder/striker Jóan Símun Edmundsson.

The 18 year-old is a native of the Faroe Islands and joins from the B68 club, having previously been on trial at Manchester City.

Capped at U19 and U21 level for the Faroe Islands, his senior international debut came against France in a World Cup Qualifier back in August 2009.

Faroese TV report that Edmundsson moves to Tyneside for the rest of the current season initially, with an option for a longer deal.

Sorry if its already been posted elsewhere on here.