Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

So Landon Donovan is going to Everton on loan got me thinking...

Two MLS players that would improve our team we could get on a free loan for at least 3 months:

Stuart Holden (midfielder/winger) - plays for Houston Dynamo, needs fitness for US WC team

Guillermo Barros Schelotto (attacking midfielder/winger) - plays for Columbus Crew formerly of Boca Juniors

Two MLS players that would improve our team we could get on a free loan for at least 3 months:

Stuart Holden (midfielder/winger) - plays for Houston Dynamo, needs fitness for US WC team

Guillermo Barros Schelotto (attacking midfielder/winger) - plays for Columbus Crew formerly of Boca Juniors

You think Holden would come here? :lol: I think he quite dislikes Newcastle after he got attacked outside a bar and got so injured he couldn't appear for Sunderland :lol:

http://news.sky.com/sky-news/content/StaticFile/jpg/2005/Mar/Week4/1284055.jpg

"Oh yeah, I'm gonna totally come back here. .... NOT." - Stuart Holden

MLS teams actually don't really like loaning their players out though, Donovan and Becks get away with it because they are big. Holden might get away with it with the WC excuse, though, but he has a biographical tidbit that might make things harder...

Holden grew up in Houston, Texas after moving there at age 10 with his family.[2] His father worked for Chevron Corporation in its human resources department.[1] After playing two years at Clemson University, Holden signed with English club Sunderland in March 2005. Just days later, on March 12, Holden was attacked outside a bar in Newcastle, leaving him with a fractured left eye socket and preventing him from making a first-team appearance with the club.[3]

Kaizero beat me to it!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

http://www.justout.com/uploads/01_Blog_Photos/05_2007/Terminator3-09.jpg

CUM VIT ME IF YOU WANNA HAVA GOOOODDDD TIME, CAPITCHE?

If Wenger's considering loaning out some of his kids. Wouldn't mind trying for Merida, thought he was outstanding against Olympiakos last night, better than Wilshere.

:rant:

He's class.

Not as good as Ramsey! He is quality though, and he does need games, very good creative player for you lot if you got him!

I always thought Sacha Kljestan would do well in Europe.

And Schelotto is way too old these days.  He's in Columbus to see out his career I think.

Schelotto is old, but any MLS signings would be short term loans only, so I was looking at quick fixes. These two could play on the right wing or creative attacking-mid.

Kljestan is a great suggestion... with the added benefits: he is young and hasn't been severly beaten by local lads on the piss.... as far as I know.  :blush:

Guest Roger Kint

Schelotto is old, but any MLS signings would be short term loans only, so I was looking at quick fixes. These two could play on the right wing or creative attacking-mid.

Kljestan is a great suggestion... with the added benefits: he is young and hasn't been severly beaten by local lads on the piss.... as far as I know.  :blush:

I mentioned it after you suggested a MLS loan earlier, havent seen him play for a while though, looked very good the times i saw him last season

I mentioned it after you suggested a MLS loan earlier, havent seen him play for a while though, looked very good the times i saw him last season

Sorry I missed it - this thread has been.... difficult to read at times.

Kris Boyd linked to us and the smoggies in the Times

Years ago in 442 "Boys a bit special" Boyd did say Shearer was his hero & that he would like to play for Newcastle United (he did say Premier League  :-[). Souey could of signed him when his contract was running down at Kilmarknock but of course he let him go to Rangers for a bargain price. His goal record is up there with Larssons in the SPL. The major doubt for me is Walter tends not to pick for the big games i.e Celtic/CL games.

Boyd, who will be out of contract at Ibrox in June, will be free to start discussions with any potential new club from January 1

Forgot how hard the paper rounds are in Scotland he is 26 because looking at his dish I thought he was older.

if in the january window we can keep everyone and bring in kris boyd, danny simpson, victor moses / darren ambrose and maybe another defender i'd be f***ing ecstatic

I'd most likely cum if that happened................but it won't

Guest Roger Kint

Sorry I missed it - this thread has been.... difficult to read at times.

Yeah i realised the quesion would have been lost when i posted that ;D