Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

from what iv seen he's physically as strong as ranger, not as gud in the air but he can actually hold the ball up unlike Ranger who just tries to take players on and fail.

Guest Heneage

:lol: pedigree, not had chances :lol: he is foreign though I suppose so that's quite exciting :thup:

He's played 7 games. Most of them as sub.

I'd also put him ahead of Best and Ranger in terms of strikers I'd want to start for us.

Is that the pedigree part?

Ranger doesn't hold the ball up as well as xisco? Ranger is too greedy? We are talking about Nile ranger right? Straight like a banana and all that? :lol:

Guest Heneage

Is that the pedigree part?

Ranger doesn't hold the ball up as well as xisco? Ranger is too greedy? We are talking about Nile ranger right? Straight like a banana and all that? :lol:

Ranger held the ball up against championship defenders, he also rarely looked like scoring. Best is an enigma, no real stand out qualities, and slightly inconsistent.

Xisco was bought, given a few minutes in a shocking team, then booed by sections of the crowd, before being farmed out on loan. I would at least like to see the player given a chance to prove himself. If you think that he has been given that then so be it. I on the other hand do not.

give him a chance, lets be honest are we going to get much in up front before the season starts? at least xisco may prove to be half way useful if he gets his head down and works to earn a place in the side

If we sold him we'd be lucky to get a million quid for him. As poor as he's looked when he has played, I'd rather have him looking interested and motivated as an extra million quid in the bank.

It's a hell of a long-shot for this lad to work out and contribute but he must have something to be capped at U-21 level for the World and European Champions.

If we sold him we'd be lucky to get a million quid for him. As poor as he's looked when he has played, I'd rather have him looking interested and motivated as an extra million quid in the bank.

It's a hell of a long-shot for this lad to work out and contribute but he must have something to be capped at U-21 level for the World and European Champions.

Excellent point, very well put.

He was young, put in the reserves and thought 'f*** it, o can't be arsed with this" players should earn chances, he doesn't seem too fussed about doing that. 

Pure speculation, mostly based on stuff you've read on this forum.

From what little i've seen of both he's at least twice the player Best is.

Would rather we have better, but were not in that position, if he gets it together and management show some faith in him he could give us a decent return finally.

As for Best, I honestly cannot see it happening ever. Wishing to be proven wrong of course.

As I said Ronaldo, it's no different to you believing what your flatmates have told you about players. If a number of different posters who regularly watch the reserves say he has looked like he couldn't be arsed why would I not believe them? unless I am in complete denial and desperate to want him to be good.

Guest Heneage

He was young, put in the reserves and thought 'f*** it, o can't be arsed with this" players should earn chances, he doesn't seem too fussed about doing that. 

I don't know where to begin with this.

Would you prefer we started with Best? A player I've seen do nothing to 'earn' his chance except sign a contract with the club. Ranger needs loaning as bar mediocre technique and ability to hold the ball up he seems really poor in front of goal.

Considering Xisco was never given a chance originally I think he's earned his chance now, he has more to him than Best appears to and right now I don't see a wealth of better options.

It is different. Whenever I posted something that they had said, I fully acknowledged that they weren't my opinions.

You've taken something from someone you've never met and formed a pretty harsh opinion of your own based on it.

Guest Heneage

As I said Ronaldo, it's no different to you believing what your flatmates have told you about players. If a number of different posters who regularly watch the reserves say he has looked like he couldn't be arsed why would I not believe them? unless I am in complete denial and desperate to want him to be good.

This look of dis-interest. Could it also, be perceived as frustration at the fact he wasn't even being consider a substitute?

I trust their opinion, I don't see a problem with that. You have given many harsh opinions based on what others have seen and said, very, very harsh :lol:

If someone loses their place they should try and win it back, next season we need players who are prepared to fit, not just give up when it gets a little tough.

According to VI he looked pretty awful on loan too, the stats back this up but then I didn't have a season ticket at racing santadar last season so I suppose I should pretend none of that happened.

He obviously deserves a chance more than the British players for some reason though :thup:

I suppose you pay absolutely no attention to the youth and reserves then? We may aswell lock that thread then because most of us will have not watched the games so the content is pretty meaningless.

If we were playing Murcia he would be the main man as he got 4 goals against the woeful Murcia in 2007/8, which was his best top flight season when he plundered 9 league goals. Got subbed more times than Nobby during that season.