Fulham's Riise says Duff is sh*t and he's better than him

Kaizero

Guest Heneage

Joe Cole could pass for a Brazilian if you added a 'inho' to the end of his name, fantastic skill.

He said as much in an interview once. He believes if he had been born latin a lot more would give him credit.

Guest eltsacwen

I have roughly translated the original article in the Norwegian newspaper. The whole thing is definitely blown out of proportions. I doubt it will be a problem with Hodgson as he can read and speak the language Norwegian. 

------------------------------------

(Riise on not playing a single minute in the Premiership and the fear of lack of opportunities)

- No, I do not fear it. It will not happen. I know I have qualities, and will work ruthlessly to become a part of the starting eleven, "said Bjorn Helge Riise to ANB.

Riise flourish on the training field at Craven Cottage. He has been well received by his teammates - both the Nordic and the UK - and has a good dialogue with the manager Hodgson.

- There are many respected players with good name and reputation in the positions I'm fighting for, and then they get away easier with small errors than I do. That is just the way it is "said Riise.

At the same time he was not very impressed by what the wingers in the club have achieved so far this season.

- I do not think they have played superb. But like I said they have good reputation, and come from more respected clubs than me. When I come from "small" Lillestrøm in Norway, while players like Damien Duff has the name and status after playing in clubs such as Newcastle and Chelsea, they are in front in the pecking order. Then the only thing I can to is to play convincingly the times I get the chance, "said Riise.

Riise believes he possess qualities that Duff does not possess.

- I feel I have several qualities and more strings to play on than he has, he said and elaborates:

- He has speed and experience, and a good shot. But he is not very much faster than me, and I have better technique, touch and crossing. And can also be used in more roles, says Riise.

If we allow ourselves to add a better work ethic, we are not very far from the truth.

- It has certainly seemed like this in training, "says 26-year-old, who adds that he has a good relationship with Duff of the pitch.

-------------------------

Guest Brewcastle

Duff is for sure over the top. But Riise should try to play a PL-match before he starts to make comments like he have taken Ronaldo's place in PL.  :crazy2:

Duff is shit. N'Zogbia inferred to something similar when he was being kept out of the team by this past-it, has-been. WTF does what he's 'achieved in his career' have to do with how he been playing the past few seasons? Reputation-based team-selection has served us well, eh?

Riise's spot-on, and he wasn't exactly 'having a go,' simply outlining the reasons why he isn't in the first team and thinks why he deserves a go. I doubt Hodgson will take any 'action' which the article calls for. Sure, it's never good to critique another teammate in the press but come on, this was hardly sensational.

The thing was at the time with N'Zogbia he was playing worse than Duff.

Duff is shit. N'Zogbia inferred to something similar when he was being kept out of the team by this past-it, has-been. WTF does what he's 'achieved in his career' have to do with how he been playing the past few seasons? Reputation-based team-selection has served us well, eh?

Riise's spot-on, and he wasn't exactly 'having a go,' simply outlining the reasons why he isn't in the first team and thinks why he deserves a go. I doubt Hodgson will take any 'action' which the article calls for. Sure, it's never good to critique another teammate in the press but come on, this was hardly sensational.

Don't know what happened to Zog since Duff arrived. Not looked anywhere near at that level ever since, for anyone. Maybe he was just playing above himself.

Don't know what happened to Zog since Duff arrived. Not looked anywhere near at that level ever since, for anyone. Maybe he was just playing above himself.

Not his fault though according to many.

Not his fault though according to many.

...how could it be? Seems strange that under several different managers and even at a different club he's not been able to recapture it mind. Still, don't really care about the grotty little cunt after his 'performance' at Blackburn last year.