Adebayor hit with two FA charges - BBC Sport

Colocho

He'll get done for 'bringing the game into disrepute' won't he? With the celebration thing. Although, he did receive a booking and you'd think that would be sufficient punishment.

A suspension for the kick on Van Persie should come into play, though.

Think it's ridiculous he's being banned for the crowd thing, sure it may have been slightly inflammatory but hardly offensive ... As for the stamp on Van Persie, that does merit a 2/3 match ban.

With Eduardo's ban being overturned, I think the inevitability of the ban(s) being reduced or overturned should be considered.

Should get a 3 match ban for foul and nothing for the celebration. Are the FA investigating the fans who threw all that stuff at him?

Think potentially starting a fucking riot is worse than kicking Van Persie in the face, like.

Should get a 3 match ban for foul and nothing for the celebration. Are the FA investigating the fans who threw all that stuff at him?

Think potentially starting a fucking riot is worse than kicking Van Persie in the face, like.

:lol:

Come off it.

The Arsenal fans were hardly blameless with their crass baiting. The stamp was much worse IMO, that could have been nasty.

Yeah, because that was going to happen.

Come off it.

Yeah, I exaggerated. :lol: But after the Milwall incident the FA has to punish these things, obviously.

Come off it.

Yeah, I exaggerated. :lol: But after the Milwall incident the FA has to punish these things, obviously.

Takes accountability away from the fans who spent 90mins singing about how his dad washes elephants and his mum is a whore though...all he did was gloat a bit. Maybe stupid but not worthy of further punishment.

Guest dazzanufc1892

tbh, if i was adebayor, id have done the same on both accounts....

fans were wishing him death at one point last year, and van persie went in to do him, end of, 2 footed, from behind. Id have stamped on the fucker as well, if adebayor is done, van persie should be done for intent, 1 yellow card added to his season total

I would like to see the reaction on here if Bellamy does the same thing and runs all the way to our fans in the same manner as Adebayour. I pretty sure we'd be calling for his head.

It was daft what he did and it was a bit more than rubbing the fans noses in it, the fact that he ran all that way sort of elminated the "heat of the moment" excuse.

I would like to see the reaction on here if Bellamy does the same thing and runs all the way to our fans in the same manner as Adebayour. I pretty sure we'd be calling for his head.

It was daft what he did and it was a bit more than rubbing the fans noses in it, the fact that he ran all that way sort of elminated the "heat of the moment" excuse.

We'd be pissed off, but if we're gonna dish it out we should be able to take it too. Be fucking pathetic if we were calling on the FA to hold our hands because a berated ex-player got his own back.

The fact that it's not our fans involved allows us to take an impartial view and see the situation from both sides not just agree with a bunch of brain dead tossers who support arsenal.

We'd be pissed off, but if we're gonna dish it out we should be able to take it too. Be fucking pathetic if we were calling on the FA to hold our hands because a berated ex-player got his own back.

Bellamy wouldn't get anything like the stick Adebayor did either. The only one who might, and even then probably wouldn't, is Owen.

It was the manner of his actions. This wasn't kissing the badge to opposing fans. Yes he took a lot of stick just like a lot of footballers do, but many don't run the length of the pitch to wind them up. I agree that some of the calls for him to be banned for months are over the top but IMO he deserves a 3 match ban for both of the incidents. Same goes for Nathan Tyson and what he did after the match against Derby.

I would still say we'd be more than pissed off if an ex player of ours did what Adebayour or Tyson done.

He should be done for the stamping, but nothing on the celebration. Come on, if Arsenal fans can't behave it's their own fault. This kind of taunting celebrations are not that rare, and this is the first time I see people asking for a player's head. And they are great if you ask me, football thrives in rivalry.

The last time I remember a player getting done in Spain was when Giovanni showed Real fans the finger after scoring at Bernabéu 10 years ago... And although that was a tad over the line (and yet Real fans didn't stampede or do anything other than scream at him), he is forgiven in my eyes  :snod:

(We have had Madrid players doing taunting celebrations in Camp Nou too!)

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It was the manner of his actions. This wasn't kissing the badge to opposing fans. Yes he took a lot of stick just like a lot of footballers do, but many don't run the length of the pitch to wind them up. I agree that some of the calls for him to be banned for months are over the top but IMO he deserves a 3 match ban for both of the incidents. Same goes for Nathan Tyson and what he did after the match against Derby.

I would still say we'd be more than pissed off if an ex player of ours did what Adebayour or Tyson done.

Racial abuse, abuse of his family, questioning his sexuality, etc, the Arsenal fans deserved what they got from Adebayor which wasn't all that much. I'd like to think our fans wouldn't stoop to those levels of abuse at an ex player.