Blackpool 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/09/09 - post match reaction from page 23

Dave

That's true of nearly every match thread on here.

It's half the point of the forum at all tbh.

You what now?

Most people on this forum use it because they can't get to games on a regular basis.

Most people on this forum were watching the matches last season, no matter where they were.

This season they're not.

This forum would be very quiet if only the 1,800 at the time were allowed to comment on the match.

Difference between commenting and blaming defeat on a player/manager's tactics.

After watching the Cardiff game I was nervous about going into this game with the same tactics and formation, although I did say that Butt should slot in ok instead of Smith. Even without seeing the game live it's become clear that we got pissed on, the result wasn't a fluke, if anything our goal was. Obviously the misgivings before the game were justified, although i agree that it's daft to single out a player without having seen the game.

The number of times the commentators said "here's Nicky Butt, tries to play it forward, can't do so" was unreal.

:lol: Yes, lets discuss the various interpretations of what could have been happening during the commentary.

Obviously that could mean that Butt actually played the ball forwards and it went out or went to an opposition player, or that Butt looked up and was about to play a forward ball before being closed down and passing sideways or backwards.

I'm not one of the people saying he's wholly responsible for last nights loss, but by the sound of things he was a part of it, along with the rest of the midfield.

or the "can't" could mean there is no-one to pass forward to. echoes of david batty when we had ian rush up front.

Not to much when you're being told

I guess it all depends on whether you're comfortable being told what to think by the numpties who do the radio.

Im not talking about their opinions. Hearing......"Simpson sends the ball long/Enrique tries to pick out carroll" etc followed by "and blackpool push fowards" repeatedly for example gives a good idea of how we're losing possession often. Combine that with Blackpool having near 70% of the ball at certain points and watching the side play the same formation and be pushed back in the same way against Cardiff. And then sure, you'll have the commentators saying their opinions of whats happening on top of that.

When it all matches up, you have a decent enough base to form an opinion.

pathetic performance.  nile ranger looked best player when he came on! why didnt he st art?!@!?

i was stuck in the blackpool end so couldnt make too much noise.  anyone else there drinking in the manchester bar before game?

Guest Roger Kint

pathetic performance.  nile ranger looked best player when he came on! why didnt he st art?!@!?

i was stuck in the blackpool end so couldnt make too much noise.  anyone else there drinking in the manchester bar before game?

Yeah

JUst going by that it looks like there was very little pressure on them when they were around our box. The player i would have thought responsible for that was just ambling around.

Interesting to see how many players Blackburn were throwing into our box for the second goal as well, wish we could see us doing that more often rather than a gaggle of central midfielders all standing in the middle of the pitch.

Butt jogging around for the long range strike for their first goal & being nowhere near anything is a good example of why hes no longer good enough at any level that involves running.

Cant even pressure them let alone tackle anyone. Smith would be flying in like a madman & it would be far more effective.

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10432~1808086,00.html

Surely no-one will actually go out and buy this? I mean seriously we've lost two games this season and both times the clubs have brought out DVD's! It's hardly like the games were big cup games, classic 4-3 thrillers or 5/6 goal drubbings either. Peterbrough haveapparantly brought out a dvd commemorating beating a team in the same league as them, who had 4 players making their debut and an average age of about 20, 2-0 at home in the early rounds of the carling cup.

Fair play to these so called 'smaller sides' seeing us as a big scalp and enjoying victory against us but their fan's can't be that daft as to go out and buy these?!

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10432~1808086,00.html

Surely no-one will actually go out and buy this? I mean seriously we've lost two games this season and both times the clubs have brought out DVD's! It's hardly like the games were big cup games, classic 4-3 thrillers or 5/6 goal drubbings either. Peterbrough haveapparantly brought out a dvd commemorating beating a team in the same league as them, who had 4 players making their debut and an average age of about 20, 2-0 at home in the early rounds of the carling cup.

Fair play to these so called 'smaller sides' seeing us as a big scalp and enjoying victory against us but their fan's can't be that daft as to go out and buy these?!

Peterborough release a DVD of every game they play.