Footballing connections

Dave

I was a Newcastle 1st team member under Dalglish and Gullitt, I made the 1st team squad twice but was the 17th man. Played 3 years for the reserves though with the likes of Brayson,Crawford,Barnes,Rush,Saha,Huckerby,Gary Brady,Serrant, Stu elliott,Jamie mclen. I had th 26 shirt.

I was the bbotboy for Andy cole,Lee Clark and Ritchie appleby

My name is David burt.

Not exactly famous like but i am still proud of the fact i was a pro at the club i love.

get your arse signed up for NOFC,..

Guest burtyboy

HAHA good picture!!

I went to Scunthorpe with Stu Elliott, but it didnt amount to much. The manager was ancient and had lost the plot, Mick Buxton the ex mackem manager i think.

I was realesed at the end of the season and ended up playing non leage and getting a "proper" job

Loved every minute of it though, Good times at Maiden castle in Durham.

Guest burtyboy

cp40

get your arse signed up for NOFC,..

I still play on Saturdays and Sundays or else i would, i looked at the thread the other day like!!

HAHA good picture!!

I went to Scunthorpe with Stu Elliott, but it didnt amount to much. The manager was ancient and had lost the plot, Mick Buxton the ex mackem manager i think.

I was realesed at the end of the season and ended up playing non leage and getting a "proper" job

Loved every minute of it though, Good times at Maiden castle in Durham.

Brian Laws was manager of Scunthorpe whilst Ian Rush was at Newcastle, so not sure how your story fits?

EDIT: Not saying you didn't go to Scunny, as I know you did. Just can't work out how you played with Ian Rush, as I thought he was at Newcastle in 97/98?

Guest burtyboy

I went to Scunthorpe whilst keegan was still manager to get experience, then after Keegan left a got 3 year pro contract, which was 2 under Dalglish (which was when Rush and Barnes came) and 1 year under Gullit.

Ive no need to lie?

I went to Scunthorpe whilst keegan was still manager to get experience, then after Keegan left a got 3 year pro contract, which was 2 under Dalglish (which was when Rush and Barnes came) and 1 year under Gullit.

Ive no need to lie?

Sorry mate, didn't mean to make it sound like you were lying. I've edited my post to show what I meant.

Ive no need to lie?

Sorry mate, didn't mean to make it sound like you were lying. I've edited my post to show what I meant.

you want a ladder to get out that hole shearergol? :laugh:

Guest burtyboy

No bother, I went to Scunthorpe a few times actually. Brian Laws was there then, i went with Peter Keen who used to be stephen Harpers understudy for the reserves.

I remeber playing York one time and we won 2-1 me and John barnes scored, christ seems like another world!

Shi*e the toon are 2-0 down

Ive no need to lie?

you want a ladder to get out that hole shearergol? :laugh:

I wasn't wrong though ;)

Guest thefishman

My uncle's sister's kid's kid is...

http://www.toonarama.co.uk/picfolder/crossedline/smb.JPG

Clarkies father lives with my mates mother in heaton.

I was a Newcastle 1st team member under Dalglish and Gullitt, I made the 1st team squad twice but was the 17th man. Played 3 years for the reserves though with the likes of Brayson,Crawford,Barnes,Rush,Saha,Huckerby,Gary Brady,Serrant, Stu elliott,Jamie mclen. I had th 26 shirt.

I was the bbotboy for Andy cole,Lee Clark and Ritchie appleby

My name is David burt.

Not exactly famous like but i am still proud of the fact i was a pro at the club i love.

THE David Burt who works at Grainger games, drives a BMW and goes out with Daniella?

Guest burtyboy

No more from me on this though, Iam sounding like a geek.

I Didnt make it end of story , and now have a proper job.

Toon were always gonna get beat tonight, but at least the young uns will get more experience.

Dad had a trial for Boro back in the 70s, didn't get through.

Met someone in the summer who works with high people at Liverpool, was at the Gerrard trial

Guy I went to school with 2 years above is a Birmingham player, been loaned out to Burton this year.

Spoke to Martins at a Jesmond restaurant after the Stoke home game last season

Can't think of anything else atm.

My brother rented a flat from Michael Chopra's uncle and once helped Mark Viduka find the bicycle shop on Shields Road.

I worked Saturday afternoons in Dunn's garage on the North Road way back in late 1971, and Malcolm McDonald used to stop in to fill up on his way home from a home game. I'd check his tires and he'd tip me 20 pence, which wasn't bad as the shift only paid £1.05 before tips.

Once sort of met Gazza at a party in London. Summer 1991. He was on crutches, after injuring himself at that FA Cup final for Tottenham. I tried to talk to him as he arrived but two minders he had with him hustled him away to find a seat. So he was sitting on the other side of the room, looking a bit freaked. I was with a few people, including a lass from High Heaton, and she wanted to go and talk to him, so I encouraged her. She went over and introduced herself and he said, straight off the bat: "Do you think I'm mad?" "No," she said, "I think you're fab!" He said, "Give us a kiss then." She pecked him on the cheek. Then he watched as she came back to our table, told us of this exchange, and we all fell about laughing. Poor bastard.

Before meeting my dad, my mam apparently went out for a while with a player from Cowdenbeath.

That's all I can think of.