The next NOL Match (Reds vs Blues) - Sunday 18th October-See OP for players.

Rocker

Alright lads, just a quick one - I know a lot of us are keen to play again asap; however, I think a couple of points should be kept in mind:

1) This is primarily a social thing for the N-O forum members. Try not to get your mate's registered just so they can play - if for any reason we come up short of players within a day or so of the match, then we can start asking mates/non-NO people

2) The Reds v Blues rivalry is good fun but lets keep it as that and not the focus.

3) The next match is going to co-incide with a home game, the original plan was to do last home game of 08-09 & first home game of 09-10 but as the second match didn't go as planned, we've had another inbetween. In order to keep the...'interest' of this match high, it's been suggested that we spread 4-5 of these matches over the season. I'm thinking early season/pre-Xmas/start of 09/easter/end of season as a rough framework.

(Those that want to play football more regularly, see the NOFC forum)

4) As mentioned in the other thread, there ARE going to be disappointed people when the date is chosen; however, by choosing the weekend of a home match, we're minimising the likelihood of a Newcastle United fan, on Newcastle United forum, not being in Newcastle on that weekend. There will be another one that you can look forward to, don't get arsey with people if the date doesn't suit.

Fin.

Alright lads, just a quick one - I know a lot of us are keen to play again asap; however, I think a couple of points should be kept in mind:

1) This is primarily a social thing for the N-O forum members. Try not to get your mate's registered just so they can play - if for any reason we come up short of players within a day or so of the match, then we can start asking mates/non-NO people

2) The Reds v Blues rivalry is good fun but lets keep it as that and not the focus.

3) The next match is going to co-incide with a home game, the original plan was to do last home game of 08-09 & first home game of 09-10 but as the second match didn't go as planned, we've had another inbetween. In order to keep the...'interest' of this match high, it's been suggested that we spread 4-5 of these matches over the season. I'm thinking early season/pre-Xmas/start of 09/easter/end of season as a rough framework.

(Those that want to play football more regularly, see the NOFC forum)

4) As mentioned in the other thread, there ARE going to be disappointed people when the date is chosen; however, by choosing the weekend of a home match, we're minimising the likelihood of a Newcastle United fan, on Newcastle United forum, not being in Newcastle on that weekend. There will be another one that you can look forward to, don't get arsey with people if the date doesn't suit.

Fin.

If thats a dig at me, then surely anybody can join up and post, and possibly play. It's not as if we were overwhelmed with subs or forum members the other day.

Rocker - it wasn't, there were jovial murmurings after the first couple of games about people getting ringers signed up to thr forum just to play.

As for your comment about 'not having any subs', you've highlighted the reason why these matches shouldn't be too frequent, our non-Newcastle dwelling players are hardly going to make the extra effort to stay over/travel up for a match that's played every few weeks.

Guest Heneage

In theory for the most to turn up it would be best to organize them around home games, the Reading one being a prime candidate due to its late kick off. Too often would be boring, 3-4 a year would be good.

Guest Stephen927

Any Sunday I will try and get the day off.

Position is anywhere central I don't like the wings. I'm happy to start as a sub given the reds win last time out.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

In

Wednesday & Thursday nights and Sunday Dinner teams (10-3) are my unavailable times, all other times I'm ready to go.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sunday Dinner teams

I suppose you could say that about the blues - they had a yorkshire pudding at right back and a bloke with a boiled potato head up front.

haha think I'll sign up for the Blue Team then, I'll look good by comparison.

Sunday Dinner teams

I suppose you could say that about the blues - they had a yorkshire pudding at right back and a bloke with a boiled potato head up front.

Pilko,are you being nasty again?

Yorkshire puddings are fucking mint anyway, and i doubt you'll find many who disagree. Shit metaphor if it was meant to be a dig.

100% in for this, btw. Agree with doing a poll for the dates, aswell:

(Corresponding home fixtures in brackets...)

Weekend of 8/9 August

Weekend of 15/16 August ... (NUFC v Reading on Sat)

Weekend of 22/23 August

Weekend of 29/30 August

Weekend of 5/6 September

Weekend of 12/13 September

Weekend of 19/20 September ... (NUFC v Plymouth on Sat)

:dontknow:

I actually like Yorkshire puddings, and it was just because he said "Sunday Lunch team" ffs. How many other Sunday lunch type gags can I come up with from the eleven blue team players ffs? Nixon is more into Italian food. :lol:

Yorkshire puddings are fucking mint anyway, and i doubt you'll find many who disagree. Shit metaphor if it was meant to be a dig.

Weekend of 8/9 August

Weekend of 22/23 August

Weekend of 29/30 August

Weekend of 5/6 September

Plymouth home game sounds good for me

Weekend of 8/9 August

Weekend of 22/23 August

Weekend of 29/30 August

Weekend of 5/6 September

Inclined to agree. Gives people time to do their summer holiday thing and to goto Leeds/Reading.

Between now and then I'd gladly get say... 12 of us together and  play 6-a-side somewhere.

Guest Heneage

Yorkshire puddings are f***ing mint anyway, and i doubt you'll find many who disagree. s*** metaphor if it was meant to be a dig.

Weekend of 8/9 August

Weekend of 22/23 August

Weekend of 29/30 August

Weekend of 5/6 September

Inclined to agree. Gives people time to do their summer holiday thing and to goto Leeds/Reading.

Between now and then I'd gladly get say... 12 of us together and  play 6-a-side somewhere.

JJB Soccerdome were me you and Stu played?

Weekend of 8/9 August

Weekend of 22/23 August

Weekend of 29/30 August

Weekend of 5/6 September

Sounds good to me too. Would prefer the Sunday than the Saturday though.

I think Rich may be back by then too.

Guest Heneage

Would we be playing Sunday or very early Saturday? Either's fine by me really, more a question for those traveling a big distance.

Would we be playing Sunday or very early Saturday? Either's fine by me really, more a question for those traveling a big distance.

I'm not fussed tbh. Trains go like clockwork from York to Newcastle (assuming this is August sorta time and i'm not already living up there).

Yorkshire puddings are f***ing mint anyway, and i doubt you'll find many who disagree. s*** metaphor if it was meant to be a dig.

Weekend of 8/9 August

Weekend of 22/23 August

Weekend of 29/30 August

Weekend of 5/6 September

JJB Soccerdome were me you and Stu played?

me and gimp were talking about getting something organised, to play 5 a side fortnightly at the JJb, Sunday mornings around 10 ish, cost £40 I think. A couple of gimps mates are interested, can continue on the redsv blues them , anyone interested?