Ipswich vs Newcastle United - Pre-Match thread - 26/09/09, 5:30 KO, Live on BBC2

Ash

I think people are showing far too much disrespect to Hughton assuming that he'll go with Butt. He's been the first managed pretty much since Souness dumped him on Birmingham that's actuallly not used him as first choice. I can see Geremi and Lovenkrands on the flanks, Nolan and Smith in the centre with Carroll and either Ranger or Harewood depending on fitness.

If Hughton couldn't muster up enough courage to go with two stirkers at home to Plymouth, I can't see him doing it away to Ipswich. I hope I'm wrong though, Smith and Butt isn't a good partnership. In fact it would make more sense for Smith to play up front and Nolan drop to midfield if Hughton is going to include Butt in the side.

It's not the end of the world if its on 1 or 2.  :laugh:  Just flick over to the other when it kicks off if you can't see Nicky Butt.

:laugh:

Very true, I imagine it's just a misprint in the article I posted as I have it on my SKY planner and it's BBC2.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I think people are showing far too much disrespect to Hughton assuming that he'll go with Butt. He's been the first managed pretty much since Souness dumped him on Birmingham that's actuallly not used him as first choice. I can see Geremi and Lovenkrands on the flanks, Nolan and Smith in the centre with Carroll and either Ranger or Harewood depending on fitness.

If Hughton had a fully fit squad, I'm confident Butt wouldn't make the first XI. But with Barton, Guthrie and Jonas out, he has little options. He will undoubtedly play 4-5-1 with Nolan behind the lone striker (Carroll) and will pair Butt with Smith and Geremi and Lovenkrands on the flanks. With the 4-5-1 (Or 4-4-1-1) formation he will use Butt

18:10–18:40 Hole in the Wall BBC1

Series 2, Episode 1

1/11. Contestants include Comedy Dave, Anne Diamond, John Altman and Nicky Butt.

???

Hole in the wall's back on? Get in. PM will be loving it.

:lol: You better believe it  :aww:

I totally forgot Colo can play right back, that's where he plays (when he plays) for Argentina. I think if we are going to play Kzikfbvkjhkjhekjhbvhlhv at the back, I would prefer him central and Colo RB. Colo likes to get forward and play football, which I don't like him doing from CB.

when will this stupid nonsense cease?

I could say the same about many of your posts, but I tend not to slag off other people's opinion. It's rude and immature. I am neither.

He's very protective of Coloccini. Just ignore it.

I'm in favour of the best part of the team not being broken up, aye  :thup: