Ipswich vs Newcastle United - Pre-Match thread - 26/09/09, 5:30 KO, Live on BBC2

Ash

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

To early for Harewood too then?

Reckon he'll start from the bench.

Harper

R.Taylor      S.Taylor        Coloccini      Enrique

Geremi        Smith          Butt          Lovenkrands

Nolan

Carroll

Harewood will start from the bench

To early for Harewood too then?

Reckon he'll start from the bench.

Harper

R.Taylor      S.Taylor        Coloccini       Enrique

Geremi         Smith          Butt           Lovenkrands

Nolan

Carroll

Harewood will start from the bench

That will be the team and we'll get beat.

Nolan should be back in midfield with Smith and Ranger should start up top.

Any news on Jonas. bench today or to early for him?

Too early.  Pencilled for Bristol City I think.

I reckon we will struggle today, maybe scrape a 1-0 win like vs Cardiff

That'll do me. Given the absence of Barton and Guthrie I'll take the points today, fuck the performance.

Guest neesy111

Any news on Jonas. bench today or to early for him?

Too early.  Pencilled for Bristol City I think.

I reckon we will struggle today, maybe scrape a 1-0 win like vs Cardiff

That'll do me. Given the absence of Barton and Guthrie I'll take the points today, fuck the performance.

tbf, that'll do me all season tbh, it's not about how we play it's about the results in this division

He has 4 strikers at his disposal at this point, he has to play two upfront at this point surely. He cant be that stupid if he can leave Butt out.

Left wing is the problem area. Hugton will use that as justification for playing a 5 man midfield with Lovenkrands operating down the left IMO. Loven doesn't provide enough defensive cover to operate in a 4-4-2 midfield role.

He has 4 strikers at his disposal at this point, he has to play two upfront at this point surely. He cant be that stupid if he can leave Butt out.

Left wing is the problem area. Hugton will use that as justification for playing a 5 man midfield with Lovenkrands operating down the left IMO. Loven doesn't provide enough defensive cover to operate in a 4-4-2 midfield role.

Probably, but sorting out the reason we endlessly lose the ball when its sent fowards & making us more dangerous on the attack in general > worrying about whos optimal on the left hand side.

If we stopped playing 75% of the match on the backfoot with this crap formation & bossed the game instead, whos playing on the left wouldnt be a massive issue. Think Hughtons mentality is completely wrong if he bases our entire formation on our ability to defend optimally on one wing.

Don't know if its been mentioned but apparently Chris Hughton has said this about Sir Bobby and today's game:

“We have to make sure we give Sir Bobby the result I think he would have wanted.”

which has caused a stir with the Town fans

Don't know if its been mentioned but apparently Chris Hughton has said this about Sir Bobby and today's game:

“We have to make sure we give Sir Bobby the result I think he would have wanted.”

which has caused a stir with the Town fans

Maybe he meant a draw. :lol: