Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

200th edition of 442 is out & it is the best I have reads in years, this magazine has got worse on a monthly basis for a long time.

Yep. I've got this months downstairs, haven't started reading it yet.

Isn't it like 5 notes these days?

Good mag but has been eclipsed by websites/blogs IMO. Some great blogs out there at the mo.

200th edition of 442 is out & it is the best I have reads in years, this magazine has got worse on a monthly basis for a long time.

Good mag but has been eclipsed by websites/blogs IMO. Some great blogs out there at the mo.

Well don't just keep them to yourself! Share the joy.   O0

£4.30 but this month good interviews with: Bergkamp, Shearer, Romario, Giggs & Klismann

442: Did you ever have the opportunity to play in England? How do you think you would have fared in English football

Romario: After Bobby Robson  left PSV in 1999, he went to England & invited me to come along. I can't remember the name of the club but I remember I preferred to stay in Rio. Rio is the place I feel fine. I think I would have done just fine in England. Football is football & goal scoring is needed everywhere.

THAT WAS US!!!  Could you imagine that squat arse cunt playing for us!!!! He still had a bit in the tank in 1999.

Salgado has been a good signing for 442, class act.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

442 isn't what it used to, have to agree with those comments. Its progressively become more 'laddish' as the years have gone on. I mean that 'insider footballer' bullshit, what the fuck? Who wants to read about footballers cheating on their wife every month. That's not what I want, anyway. The new addition, player performance thingy, at the back is decent though, but not nearly in depth as I'd prefer.

I'd happily buy a magazine that discussed player performance, and coaching techniques every month.

Anyone post anything about this today?

http://www.bragafut.com/artigos/art18.pdf

A scouting report about Newcastle for Mourinho by his assistant when they were going to play us in '05.

There's some interesting stuff in there.

It was posted in '05 and thought to be a hoax after about 8 pages. The subsequent 8 re-established credibility and then the final 10 pages  put the nail in the coffin.

Even if it is a hoax, was still an interesting read!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I pick one up from work every so often. Their Barca article in the last one I bought was quality.

I think I'm starting to get annoyed that they can't go a month without some random off the cuff remark about the Toon (nearly always negative) in articles that aren't even about Newcastle.

Well don't just keep them to yourself! Share the joy.  O0

Will start a thread.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well don't just keep them to yourself! Share the joy.   O0

Will start a thread.

Football Magazine and Blog thread?  :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

yeah, I'm addicted to zonalmarking.net and I'd love to know more good football blogs. :thup:

I find Zonal Marking to be really hit and miss at times. I think they've fallen into the area where they can write a bad bit of analysis and people don't mind as its 'Zonalmarking'. Like that fucking awful bit on Crouch being class.

I'm a fan of Laligaweekly.com Forzaitalian Football and Simplyfutbol.com

Keep seeing their magazine on sale in Fenwicks, but never fancied buying it. Class if they've got a website, can just read that instead.

yeah, I'm addicted to zonalmarking.net and I'd love to know more good football blogs. :thup:

I find Zonal Marking to be really hit and miss at times. I think they've fallen into the area where they can write a bad bit of analysis and people don't mind as its 'Zonalmarking'. Like that f***ing awful bit on Crouch being class.

I understand. They tend to overanalyze things and look for a tactical explanation for stuff that sometimes is just form or having a good/bad day at the office, but there's a lot of good to be had.

Guest neesy111

Goodbye to Hell

Galatasaray's previous stadium Sami Yen Stadium is being knocked down to build a shopping centre.  Just about every major team didn't want to draw Galatasaray because of the trip over there.