Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

The Anzhi Makhachkala thing is bloody depressing. At least with the likes of Real Madrid and PSG being full of cash, those are still two of the biggest clubs in the world. Man City and Chelsea were at a good level before the money arrived and it's pushed them onto a different level. Even QPR, as mental as that documentary was, they haven't gone wild with their spending and only have a team of Championship/Lower-to-mid Premier League level players.

It's just sad to see the likes of Samuel Eto'o who should be at one of the biggest clubs on the planet (and was at two of them) joining a side who were in the Russian second division 3 years ago, are only 8th now, have a 20,000 seat stadium and are located in a fairly shitty area, purely for the amount of money being given to him.

The Anzhi Makhachkala thing is bloody depressing. At least with the likes of Real Madrid and PSG being full of cash, those are still two of the biggest clubs in the world. Man City and Chelsea were at a good level before the money arrived and it's pushed them onto a different level. Even QPR, as mental as that documentary was, they haven't gone wild with their spending and only have a team of Championship/Lower-to-mid Premier League level players.

It's just sad to see the likes of Samuel Eto'o who should be at one of the biggest clubs on the planet (and was at two of them) joining a side who were in the Russian second division 3 years ago, are only 8th now, have a 20,000 seat stadium and are located in a fairly shitty area, purely for the amount of money being given to him.

Yep. And it's not like he'd be poor if he hadn't moved. He'd still be earning a shit-ton.

If that was a grown men's Sunday league or 5 a side or something I might find it amusing. But I'm just thinking poor fucking kids who just want to have a kick about and are now cleaning up toilet paper.

http://www.sellebrity.org.uk/auction/frank-lampards-chess-set

Frank Lampard is trying to sell his ornate chess set, the reserve wasn't met.  It is very heavy and available for collection from Norwich.

Along with some solid marble vases and a large candle holder!  :hom:

Some interesting items on that site, including "A fantastic, unusual," patchwork D&G brown leather jacket donated by "football's Mr Marmite Robbie Savage!"

I don't know. Whole place seems weird. Selling shit that won't actually raise that much money.

You notice Nikki Grahame's dress but not Vorderman's? 6 days left, no bids, shit's gon' get wild.

£44 for Dion Dublin, Martin Clunes or Philip Schofield's tie.

For £44 I'd want a bundle of all fucking three.

"Dion Dublin's Personal Tie (A bright pink Ted Baker tie once owned by footballer Dion Dublin.)"

That tie probably cost more than £44 in the first place.