Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

This is what NUST said at the start of the campaign -

‘It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers.’

I can't find that quote attributed to NUST.  It originated on True Faith who were reporting on the NUST.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/ab283684d03f231d80256b520047d321/05f16bc3fb51dd0e80257669007c3eba?OpenDocument

:lol:

Nice one Bob.

You people are hard work sometimes.

It's on the NUST website. Click under 'Read more about the campaign'. It's on the launch article from 9th November. Fifth paragraph down.

http://www.nust.org.uk/the-ultimate-protest-confirmation-of-launch-of-the-yes-we-can-campaign

Whey provide a link yourself in future.  Even with the whole quote in google there's no returns of the NUST website.

Verbatim from the article Bob mentioned

"It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers."

Happy?

As NUST have already admitted the six week campaign was 'wrong' I've no idea of the point you're trying to prove.

This is what NUST said at the start of the campaign -

‘It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers.’

I can't find that quote attributed to NUST.  It originated on True Faith who were reporting on the NUST.

http://www.true-faith.co.uk/tf/features.nsf/ab283684d03f231d80256b520047d321/05f16bc3fb51dd0e80257669007c3eba?OpenDocument

Nice one Bob.

You people are hard work sometimes.

It's on the NUST website. Click under 'Read more about the campaign'. It's on the launch article from 9th November. Fifth paragraph down.

http://www.nust.org.uk/the-ultimate-protest-confirmation-of-launch-of-the-yes-we-can-campaign

Whey provide a link yourself in future.  Even with the whole quote in google there's no returns of the NUST website.

Verbatim from the article Bob mentioned

"It is believed that this is the first stage of a 6 week campaign including advertisements, the opening of an advice shop in central Newcastle and the unveiling of high profile backers."

Happy?

As NUST have already admitted the six week campaign was 'wrong' I've no idea of the point you're trying to prove.

I believe the point was about the difference between backers and advisors.

Some of us have been waiting for the promised names of these "high-profile backers". You seem to think there's no difference between that and the names of some accountants and lawyers.

www.nust.org.uk

We have announced our chosen partners who will advise on NUST's next moves in the ongoing Yes We Can campaign and we will make further announcements to complement the team during next three weeks.

Local Company HRC Group are working with the Trust on compliance issues.

A premier Newcastle based legal company is advising on corporate matters and as final contracts have yet to be concluded, the Trust will announce the firm in the next three weeks.

In addition, Hentons & Co of Leeds have been working with the Trust on an ad hoc basis which will continue for the foreseeable future.

We are currently in discussions about strategy with a corporate investment group who have a proven track record and we will be formally announcing them in the near future.

www.nust.org.uk

We have announced our chosen partners who will advise on NUST's next moves in the ongoing Yes We Can campaign and we will make further announcements to complement the team during next three weeks.

A premier Newcastle based legal company is advising on corporate matters and as final contracts have yet to be concluded, the Trust will announce the firm in the next three weeks.

In addition, Hentons & Co of Leeds have been working with the Trust on an ad hoc basis which will continue for the foreseeable future.

We are currently in discussions about strategy with a corporate investment group who have a proven track record and we will be formally announcing them in the near future.

Interesting although they could still do with announcing some of their big financial backers to increase the interest of the supporters.

www.nust.org.uk

Interesting although they could still do with announcing some of their big financial backers to increase the interest of the supporters.

My guess would be that they simply don't have any "backers" to announce. They're releasing these names of accountants and lawyers, even though it's all a bit "so what?", to plug the PR hole they've dug for themselves.

Guest Roger Kint

Just seen this on another forum. Posted by a bloke claiming to be up their in NUST regarding the £7m a month claiim. Naturally it brings more questions and comedy than answers though...

'Many of you have pointed out the sentence in the last newsletter that said that sources claimed that Mike Ashley had made £7 Million a month & been critical of the statement, so I hope you'll give me the chance to remedy that.

English can be a funny language. You can mean to say one thing but the wrong choice of wording can convey a different meaning, as it is in this case.

What it meant, was that MA has made the equivalent of £7 million a month from several sources. Basically, it equates to have made on average the equivalent of £7M monthly.

Some of this money has come from player sales that have not been invested in the club. We know, for example, that a large proportion of the Summers transfer money went to Ashley.

The assets of Newcastle United Football Company is not just made up of the team, they have/had their fingers in many pies.

These range from the training ground, the team, merchandising, property and land. Large amounts of the latter two, like the profits from transfers no longer reside with the club.

They have been transferred from SJH (St James Holdings, the company that owns Newcastle United Football Company) to MASH (Mike Ashley Holdings), a company MA created to do just this. As both companies & their assets are owned by MA, it is legal to do this.

We had a team of Forensic Accountants go over the books of the club recently. The report stated the monies & the value of the assets transferred to MASH average out to the equivalent of £7 Million a month to Mike Ashley.

Not, as it was unfortunately perceived in the newsletter, Ashley making £7 Million a month from NUFC - language again.

I hope this clarifies things a little more & puts the sentence in its correct context. Anything more I find out about, I'll let you know.'

Just seen this on another forum. Posted by a bloke claiming to be up their in NUST regarding the £7m a month claiim. Naturally it brings more questions and comedy than answers though...

'Many of you have pointed out the sentence in the last newsletter that said that sources claimed that Mike Ashley had made £7 Million a month & been critical of the statement, so I hope you'll give me the chance to remedy that.

English can be a funny language. You can mean to say one thing but the wrong choice of wording can convey a different meaning, as it is in this case.

What it meant, was that MA has made the equivalent of £7 million a month from several sources. Basically, it equates to have made on average the equivalent of £7M monthly.

Some of this money has come from player sales that have not been invested in the club. We know, for example, that a large proportion of the Summers transfer money went to Ashley.

The assets of Newcastle United Football Company is not just made up of the team, they have/had their fingers in many pies.

These range from the training ground, the team, merchandising, property and land. Large amounts of the latter two, like the profits from transfers no longer reside with the club.

They have been transferred from SJH (St James Holdings, the company that owns Newcastle United Football Company) to MASH (Mike Ashley Holdings), a company MA created to do just this. As both companies & their assets are owned by MA, it is legal to do this.

We had a team of Forensic Accountants go over the books of the club recently. The report stated the monies & the value of the assets transferred to MASH average out to the equivalent of £7 Million a month to Mike Ashley.

Not, as it was unfortunately perceived in the newsletter, Ashley making £7 Million a month from NUFC - language again.

I hope this clarifies things a little more & puts the sentence in its correct context. Anything more I find out about, I'll let you know.'

Quincy with a calculator?

I don't know where to start on that tbh - maybe a search on Mike Ashley Holdings Limited? I'll let you know what turns up.

I haven't looked at the accounts for 2007/2008/2009 enough to say if this is the case or not, but it would have been/will be bloody obvious from the accounts if he has been doing this.

I guess that if forensic accountants have been invovled then NUST have had access to the source data for the accounts? Bit of a waste of money if they are just paying people to decipher the published accounts

Guest Roger Kint

So he's making £7m a month, not up to £7m a month?

I think its all based on the land issue, he took it out the club at the start and is worth a fair bit. They seem oblivious to the fact transfers arent paid in full in cash immediately

I don't know where to start on that tbh - maybe a search on Mike Ashley Holdings Limited? I'll let you know what turns up.

MASH Limited incorporated March 2008, cba to buy the information on it

Guest Roger Kint

So he's making £7m a month, not up to £7m a month?

I think its all based on the land issue, he took it out the club at the start and is worth a fair bit. They seem oblivious to the fact transfers arent paid in full in cash immediately

Like anyone has made £7m a month on land in the past couple of years

Didnt say that at all. The post says the equivilent of that on average. If something is worth £50 thats could be said as £10m a month over 5 months if you wanted to make it look better.

I haven't looked at the accounts for 2007/2008/2009 enough to say if this is the case or not, but it would have been/will be bloody obvious from the accounts if he has been doing this.

I guess that if forensic accountants have been invovled then NUST have had access to the source data for the accounts? Bit of a waste of money if they are just paying people to decipher the published accounts

Clearly wasn't happening in 2008 - it would have been disclosed as a related party transaction. And surely if forensic accountants have been digging around the club's source data they have a contractual duty to keep quiet about what they find? Christ knows what is going on .....

OK got the annual return for that - no accounts because it's a small company. Registered office in Goat Lane, Norwich  :lol:

Can't see that any of the directors or shareholders have anything whatsoever to do with Ashley or St James Holdings.

OK got the annual return for that - no accounts because it's a small company. Registered office in Goat Lane, Norwich  :lol:

Can't see that any of the directors or shareholders have anything whatsoever to do with Ashley or St James Holdings.

Norwich Mafia Out!

Norwich Mafia Out!

Too f*cking right - Boycoutt the bastards!

Norwich Mafia Out!

Where are you???????

Norwich Mafia Out!

Where are you???????

Nowhere near Norwich but I've got a cousin who lives there - I'll put the word out.

Norwich Mafia Out!

Where are you???????

Nowhere near Norwich but I've got a cousin who lives there - I'll put the word out.

was a rubbish Delia Smith impression!

Norwich Mafia Out!

Where are you???????

was a rubbish Delia Smith impression!

Ok - and er "let's be having you"!