'Ten pints, some angry words, a huge punch-up. That was then.'

Dave

A bit more effort from you Joey, and then we might start believing that sh*t.

Thing is, Barton gets (strangely) backing from some of the same people who hounded Lee Bowyer.

Love to know why.

I don't rate that much as a player, but I do think he gets a bit of a hard deal sometimes because of his past.

The case in point is that Liverpool game, Alan Smith made an equally dangerous if not worse tackle in that game, and nobody even looked twice at it.

I bet Shearer wasn't calling him a 'coward' in the dressing room.

Sod it, I've got a soft spot for our Joey. I rate him as a player,

Me too.

and me. The Blackburn player was Keith Andrews btw, cunt

Didn't Bentley wind him up in that game at ewood when Bentley scored that free-kick and ran off shouting "that's who I am!"? Not saying Andrews didn't last season as well, but the Bentley one sprung to mind as soon as I read it.

Me too.

and me. The Blackburn player was Keith Andrews btw, c***

Didn't Bentley wind him up in that game at ewood when Bentley scored that free-kick and ran off shouting "that's who I am!"? Not saying Andrews didn't last season as well, but the Bentley one sprung to mind as soon as I read it.

that game was before the incident which sent him to jail

Guest Roger Kint

His younger half-brother, Michael, is in prison for the murder of Anthony Walker, a black Liverpool teenager, which raises the question of what sort of childhood they had? Was it violent?

Why put that in? Before somebody states the obvious, yes the lad was black but that fact isnt relevant to anything.

Would like to believe him but theres never a sign of apology or remorse for those he attacks.

His younger half-brother, Michael, is in prison for the murder of Anthony Walker, a black Liverpool teenager, which raises the question of what sort of childhood they had? Was it violent?

Why put that in? Before somebody states the obvious, yes the lad was black but that fact isnt relevant to anything.

Would like to believe him but theres never a sign of apology or remorse for those he attacks.

Was a racist murder, wasn't it?

Me too.

and me. The Blackburn player was Keith Andrews btw, c***

that game was before the incident which sent him to jail

True dat. Whoops.

Got a bit confused because Barton definitely gave him a sneery "who the fuck are you" in that match.

Guest Roger Kint

Was a racist murder, wasn't it?

Was racially abusing the lad and his brother didnt actually murder him for the record, but thats not my point. What relevance has it to Joey Bartons story though? Other than to add a suggestion of racism in him leading to the Dabo incident?

A good read. Proves to me what a complete cock he is. From a tough council estate, had to learn to fight, worlds against him growing up. Load of bollocks man, Huytons not a ghetto ffs Hes a premiership footballer eraning millions and he wants sympathy? do me a favour. He beat a kid senseless in that cctv footage, think about it if it was your little brother or a kid? let him take on someone from the bigmarket on a friday night, and see how he gets on. A  complete cock.

The case in point is that Liverpool game, Alan Smith made an equally dangerous if not worse tackle in that game, and nobody even looked twice at it.

Did Alan Smith get sent off and miss the final 3 games of the season ?

Guest Roger Kint

A good read. Proves to me what a complete cock he is. From a tough council estate, had to learn to fight, worlds against him growing up. Load of bollocks man, Huytons not a ghetto ffs Hes a premiership footballer eraning millions and he wants sympathy? do me a favour. He beat a kid senseless in that cctv footage, think about it if it was your little brother or a kid? let him take on someone from the bigmarket on a friday night, and see how he gets on. A  complete cock.

I would never let my younger 15/16 year old brother/son anywhere near the Bigg Market let alone at 5.30am after letting him out all night, what sort of a family does? I agree completely with your point regarding Bartons side of it though.

Did Alan Smith get sent off and miss the final 3 games of the season ?

No but if the referee had seen what the replays showed, he would have.