Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

Just got back from the game (live in Nottingham, so its a home game for me)

I cannot believe the S*** you lot are giving.

First half, we coped easily with what they threw at us. A couple of chances and a post. Their goal came from the one occasion the two centre backs lost their player.

Second half, we camped in their half. it's difficult to break down a team who play 11 at the back and don't venture over the half way line.

Smith was superb again. the back 4 did their job(except on one occasion).

Nolan was industrious, but Guthrie is not a wide midfielder.

Lovencrands should never play again, and Ranger should be ahead of Harewood in the pecking order as Harewood was atrocious all game.

Jonas provided plenty of running without the usual end product.

Oh and the support was unbelievable!!!!!

You cannot moan at the lack of effort, on another day it could easily have been 4.

I admire your faith mate :clap:

First half, we coped easily with what they threw at us. A couple of chances and a post. Their goal came from the one occasion the two centre backs lost their player.

Second half, we camped in their half. it's difficult to break down a team who play 11 at the back and don't venture over the half way line.

Lovencrands should never play again, and Ranger should be ahead of Harewood in the pecking order as Harewood was atrocious all game.

You cannot moan at the lack of effort, on another day it could easily have been 4.

I also admire his deluded nonsense

Ranger and Carroll up front, aye, we've all seen how well that one works.

Honestly, you must be blind. First half we played some of the worst football I've ever seen us play and we couldn't complain if we went in 4-0 at the break.

So who would you play up front, with our huge squad ??

Bollocks, first half the centre backs were all over the place, it was only a matter of time before they scored.

Teams will do that this season, we need to be good enough and creative enough to break them down. Our most creative player was stuck out wide while Nolan did virtually nothing for the entire game.

Superb is a strong word, he was clumsy at times and in the first half the game just passed him by on occassions.

Industrious? Don't make me laugh.

Lovenkrands isn't a winger. Ranger was equally bad when he came on.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Absolute horse shit, we barely created a decent chance. Of the ones we did create the first went in but was offside while Ranger fucked up the other. We were absolutely woeful first half and when we finally woke up in the second our lack of creativity gave the Forest centre backs a much easier game than they should of had, not good enough I'm afraid.

first half we were poor but 2nd was a marked improvement, the main problem was forest parked the bus so to speak and thats the worry is we're having trouble breaking down sides who do that, but lets not go overboard in criticism its only the 2nd defeat of the season and we're 4 points clear of 3rd and level on points and goal difference with wba, who wouldnt have taken that at the start of the season? Honestly we're never going to be able to win every single game, now if we can't win our next few games i'd be worried but at the moment no.

Harewood has 1 goal in 2 starts, ie better than the rest. Play the ball to his feet and he'll score goals. Use him as a ball winner/battering ram type and he'll fail miserably. Time for him and Ranger to get a game together.

This is all stuff i've been saying for weeks, time to put me in the dugout.

Honestly, you must be blind. First half we played some of the worst football I've ever seen us play and we couldn't complain if we went in 4-0 at the break.

Did you not watch the drivel we've produced over the last 2 years.

Compared to that our first half was efficient, and effective (Till the 45th minute).

It may not have been pretty, but they didn't create many chances. Liverpool, Man Utd ring a bell???

Harewood has 1 goal in 2 starts, ie better than the rest. Play the ball to his feet and he'll score goals. Use him as a ball winner/battering ram type and he'll fail miserably. Time for him and Ranger to get a game together.

You've been saying Ranger should start for weeks?

You've been saying Ranger should start for weeks?

no, was refering to Harewood. I've been happy for Carroll to start under the assumption that he'll eventually start looking like a striker, not happening sadly

Ronaldo as a consistent nonsense peddler would be the ideal man to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Gullit, Souness and Kinnear.

Ronaldo as a consistent nonsense peddler would be the ideal man to follow in the footsteps of the likes of Gullit, Souness and Kinnear.

I love these little comments you make whilst never providing an example of the nonsense. You're like the little boy who sticks his middle finger up at you at the traffic lights man

Bollocks, first half the centre backs were all over the place, it was only a matter of time before they scored.

Teams will do that this season, we need to be good enough and creative enough to break them down. Our most creative player was stuck out wide while Nolan did virtually nothing for the entire game.

Superb is a strong word, he was clumsy at times and in the first half the game just passed him by on occassions.

Industrious? Don't make me laugh.

Lovenkrands isn't a winger. Ranger was equally bad when he came on.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Absolute horse s***, we barely created a decent chance. Of the ones we did create the first went in but was offside while Ranger f***ed up the other. We were absolutely woeful first half and when we finally woke up in the second our lack of creativity gave the Forest centre backs a much easier game than they should of had, not good enough I'm afraid.

Well things must look completely different live, cos i could have sworn we had loads of shots blocked by good defending, a goal disallowed (havn't seen it yet), frantic last ditch tackles and generally panic defending by Forest for the whole of the second half.

There may not have been many clear cut chances, but it wasn't for the want of trying.

How can you say Nolan was crap, he was everywhere today. The end product may not have happened, but he was our most likely creator.