Scunthorpe vs Newcastle United - Pre-Match thread - 20/10/09, 7:45 KO

Ash

Just had a look at Iron website, game a sellout no tickets left,  lot of these championship clubs seem to say we're not as big as we think so how come we're the bigest draw of the season for them? these clubs will miss us should we get promoted.

To be fair, last time Scunny were in the Championship, most games were sellouts. They (we ;)) were a league two club a few years back.

Are you a Scunthorpe fan?

We played our best football this season at the beginning of the campaign with Gutierez and Enrique down the left flank.

We played our best football because we were doing what I just said above. The Reading game in particular shows where are strengths were, yet we haven't reproduced a similar performance since. And in that game, Jonas still managed to fuck up a chance.

Jonas may fuck up chances, but at least he is getting into those positions. Lovenkrands consistently looks about as threatening as bugs bunny dressed in a fluffy pink skirt.

Guest toonlass

Hopefully Scunthorpe's win against promotion candidates Sheffield United will mean that our players have the right attitude for this game.

Our players need to wake up and realise that they don't just need to turn up at the ground to win. We need a lot more from them to make sure we get out of this league come May next year.

Going to this. Only my third away game, never seen a victory yet.

Then why bloody go?!?!? BAD OMEN  :rant: :angry:

Because it was only the Blackburn defeat last season and the Dundee draw in the Summer - it's not a pattern until we lose on Tuesday :pow:

Just had a look at Iron website, game a sellout no tickets left,  lot of these championship clubs seem to say we're not as big as we think so how come we're the bigest draw of the season for them? these clubs will miss us should we get promoted.

Don't worry they'll see us again the season after. I'm sure they'll survive until then.

Guest Heneage

Because it was only the Blackburn defeat last season and the Dundee draw in the Summer - it's not a pattern until we lose on Tuesday :pow:

Guess who I'm blaming if we lose.

Guest toonlass

The EU?

Guest Heneage

The EU?

No you, for attempting to 'Suck' the life out of our fans.

Nicky Butt?

Guest Heneage

Nicky Butt?

Charles N'zogbia.

To be fair, last time Scunny were in the Championship, most games were sellouts. They (we ;)) were a league two club a few years back.

Yep.

Guest Heneage

Yep.

What brought you here? Seems random.

Yep.

Originally? Been a fan since 1982. Something to do with a certain Kevin Keegan.

I follow Scunthorpe because they're my home team, and I've never really (until now!) seen a problem with supporting the two teams.

Guest Brummiemag

I went to see Mansfield v Scunthorpe four or five years ago. It was a fourth division fixture and Scunny brough at least 1,500 down for the game. The pub by the ground was packed with them. We had a good chat with some of them, top bunch of blokes

I follow Scunthorpe because they're my home team, and I've never really (until now!) seen a problem with supporting the two teams.

I've got no problem with that, and don't think anyone else has either !  ;)

Yep.

Who do you want the game?

The two lads upfront are they any cop compared to Sharp & Keogh?

first away game of the season for me.  Absolutely buzzing for it.  Partly because I've never been anywhere as s*** as Glanford Park.

I'm going, and in honesty I didn't know the stadium name until I read that post.

Tayler and Colo both out. I'd go with:

Harper

R.Taylor Simpson Kiz Enrique

Geremi Smith Nolan Jonas

Ranger Carroll

Harper

Simpson  Zurab  Kadar  Enrique

R.Taylor  Smith    Nolan    Jonas

Carroll  Ranger

Subs: Krul, Tozer, Lovenkrands, Butt, Geremi, Donaldson, Harewood

Harper

Simpson  Zurab   Kadar   Enrique