Scunthorpe Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 20/10/09 - Post match reaction from page 20

Dave

don't know if my first post got through but anyway, Ashley was given a tie so got back into the Boardroom at half time. he was telling the Scunthorpe Directors that their entire wage bill is less than "f.....g" Shearer wanted to be a manager in the Championship. He also said that he wished he could tell the fans what Keegan was really like. Ashley was quite affable actually but what I really hated was that you would have thought we had won 6 0 tonight, the way he was after the game.

And by the way, we were bloody unlucky tonight. Can't believe how many chances we had. And we wouldnt have conceded either goal with Taylor and Colo there.

don't know if my first post got through but anyway, Ashley was given a tie so got back into the Boardroom at half time. he was telling the Scunthorpe Directors that their entire wage bill is less than "f.....g" Shearer wanted to be a manager in the Championship. He also said that he wished he could tell the fans what Keegan was really like. Ashley was quite affable actually but what I really hated was that you would have thought we had won 6 0 tonight, the way he was after the game.

And by the way, we were bloody unlucky tonight. Can't believe how many chances we had. And we wouldnt have conceded either goal with Taylor and Colo there.

To be fair, Newcastle didn't actually have many chances at all. Murphy made TWO saves.

To be fair, Newcastle didn't actually have many chances at all. Murphy made TWO saves.

Had 10 on target last time i looked. Possibly more by the end of the match.

According to the Beeb we had 20 shots, 11 of which were on target.

According to the Beeb we had 20 shots, 11 of which were on target.

Which were probably blocked near the edge of the area.

I very much doubt that stat is correct.

I remember Carroll having a couple of shots which went miles wide (he's shit by the way, worse than when he went to Preston) and Nolan had a header fantastically saved early on. Can't remember many other decent chances.

just got back, was pathetic, only enrique can come out with any credit, obviously missing two proper centre halfs, strikers are completely out of form, god knows how jonas starts for argentina, all in all very embarassing.

I can already predict the post match interview with Hughton.

"You can't fault the team for effort" and "We've got a game on Saturday where we can put things right"

Didn't he basically say we were shit on Saturday against Forest?  I can't imagine he will be too complimentary this time around.

In the Iron Bar after the match, the Scunny supporters I spoke to thought Jonas was way better than anyone else on the pitch (based on his second half showing) with Enrique not far behind. They also thought Smith was a class player, and that Scunthorpe had ridden their luck.

Is this true Golfmag? Can you expand on anymore?

Guest neesy111

you we're within yard's of ashley, and didn't give him any verbals or anything, i would tried to smack the fat cunt

Guest toonlass

you we're within yard's of ashley, and didn't give him any verbals or anything, i would tried to smack the fat cunt

Watch out, the freedom police will have you for abusing people in public. It's not allowed apparantly.