Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

Guest omenator

would just like to say, unlike previous protests the aim for this is for it to be a drawn out protest/boycott against Mike Ashley and his team, and unlike in the past where groups keep changing their stance on things, we will not be offering them an olive branch to them. like has been said in previous posts even if we put off buyers thinking about buying the rights to naming the stadium then it is a small victory and would stop Ashley earning more money for himself by the use of our club

http://www.supportersforchange.co.cc/  O0

Funny to see liverpool fans having mass protests and kicking off about their owners and seeing how us lot (including me) just seem resigned to our fate. Seems perverse considering our respective positions.

Lets try and get things organised then. Have you let your feelings known to NUST? or NUFC.com etc, people who could get the ball rolling in terms of organisation?

Saying that i don't want a boycott cos firstly it'd not work and would only be half supported, and secondly my only comeback against plastic tv man u fans who come out with hillarious quips about how we should rename st james 'relegation road' is that those cunts wouldn't get 44,000 against doncaster.

Problem is, unlike fred, ashley doesn't card about being liked. I think the best weapon we have at the moment is to make it clear we'd slag off any company who bought the naming rights in chants and banners. Why the fuck are mps not doing anything about it? Might lobby a few of those twats.

Guest neesy111

Funny to see liverpool fans having mass protests and kicking off about their owners and seeing how us lot (including me) just seem resigned to our fate. Seems perverse considering our respective positions.

Lets try and get things organised then. Have you let your feelings known to NUST? or NUFC.com etc, people who could get the ball rolling in terms of organisation?

i'm sure NUST have their own plans coming into action soon

Anyone living in Cramlington/Dudley/Seghill/Killingworth/Burradon area the NUST have one of there roadshows at the Pioneer club in Annitsford on Thursday night,  its free for anyone so get there and put any ideas you may have to them.

Guest neesy111

Anyone living in Cramlington/Dudley/Seghill/Killingworth/Burradon area the NUST have one of there roadshows at the Pioneer club in Annitsford on Thursday night,  its free for anyone so get there and put any ideas you may have to them.

yeah i'm on their site now, just emailed them about anything that's going to happen

MA is well aware he much he is hated; fact is he doesn't give a toss about it. A boycott wouldn't force him out, he'll go on his own terms. All a boycott will do is harm the players morale, give the opposition encouragement and put off the type of owner we'd want. This is a man who treats everything with contempt and holds grudges.

Bide your time, wait until he has gone and cannot harm the club anymore and then hope to god that someone gives him the biggest kicking of his life and leaves no clue why. Let him live in fear.

MA is well aware he much he is hated; fact is he doesn't give a toss about it. A boycott wouldn't force him out, he'll go on his own terms. All a boycott will do is harm the players morale, give the opposition encouragement and put off the type of owner we'd want. This is a man who treats everything with contempt and holds grudges.

Bide your time, wait until he has gone and cannot harm the club anymore and then hope to god that someone gives him the biggest kicking of his life and leaves no clue why. Let him live in fear.

Absolute rubbish!

Fat Ash has got the bit between his teeth now. Selling the name s**** is an obvious two fingers up at us all. We need to act to get this f***er out of our club ASAP.

Sitting back and taking it up the arse is a waste of time.

The best hope you have of getting him out any time soon is destroying our chance of promotion.

If you do that you're screwing the club more than he is. What a brilliant plan  :thup:

If... and it's a big if we do get promoted. What do you think is gonna happen in the summer?

We need to get rid of him pronto!

The best hope you have of getting him out any time soon is destroying our chance of promotion.

If you do that you're screwing the club more than he is. What a brilliant plan  :thup:

I think between him, Llambias and Hughton there's a good chance any hope  of promotion will be destroyed anyway.  How many points between the top 10? We'll be lucky to get a playoff place after January with a good chance of further sales happening. And if we did go up we'd come right back down again with these championship standard players, or is Shola going to take us to the top 6?

It doesnt matter whether its an if or not, its very possible. More possible than it will be next season if we dont get promoted, regardless of whether hes here or not.

Even if we went up and got relegated again, we'd likely be left in a better position than we will if we cock up this season.

If... and it's a big if we do get promoted. What do you think is gonna happen in the summer?

I imagine/hope he'll sell if we go up. Theres been no reason to suggest he wouldnt, all he's shown is that he isnt willing to further drop the price he wants for the club. If someone had offered what he wanted he'd already be gone, there just wasnt enough interest. There will be if we go up.

Having said that, i also expect he'll draw it out over the summer and waste a lot of the transfer window as usual. But that doesnt change much.

Pray for promotion and pray for a quick sale next summer is about all we can do. Both are far from assured, but not impossible.

There might come a time that we have to shoot ourselves in the foot (by boycotting the club) to force him out, but it's a last resort and not a realistic suggestion while we're top of the league. Right now it'd do more damage than good.

The comparison to Liverpool fans doesn't make any sense. There is a massive difference between protesting (which we did last year, remember) and actually mass boycotting your own games.

In a previous life when Keegan turned up can't remember as a player or manager 1st time around we were nigh on relegated to Div 3 or League 1 as it is now called, and we had gates of around 13000.When this change happened gates went upto 26000, so as far as I'm concerned it's bollocks, all this it'll hurt the players nonsense,they will simply move on as will the club should we boycott.The value of the club will reduce and Ashleys pockets will empty a bit more.The only way to cause damage to Ashley is via his pockets it's the only thing these type of people understand.

Infact I'm beginning to wonder if relegation to Div 1 would be a bad thing it would screw Ashley then, and get rid of this crap it would the club as well, as no it wouldn't we would sharp rise from the ashes just like a phoenix.

From looking at MA's actions it seems to me that there comes a point where money almost becomes a secondary consideration to be used as a kind of excuse for actions. He wants to humiliate the fans and show who the boss is, he'll sell when he gets what he thinks is a good price and in the meantime he'll do the bare minimum the keep the club going.

If we do not go up this season expect the playing side to become worse, the crowds to dwindle and Ashley to sell at a point where there is little value left in it and where new owners would need a major overhaul of the playing side and where such owners would not have the cash to do so having scraped together 10 Million to have bought the club and having agreed further funding to secure debts. At that point MA may have lost millions but job done. This is a man who lost 133 Million at the roulette wheel and more than double that spread betting on HBOS shares - he didn't even buy the fucking shares! The money is nice but if he's having fun or has a bee in his bonnet that takes over.

We need to get promoted and pray that someone with money pays the Kings ransom MA will demand. I'd rather he walks away when we are the PL as opposed to Div1 with him grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

yeah i'm on their site now, just emailed them about anything that's going to happen

Looks like they have already come up with their idea it's wait for it wait for it.............................................................

A petition http://www.nust.org.uk/rename-petition

For fucks sake what's the point any more.

Anyone living in Cramlington/Dudley/Seghill/Killingworth/Burradon area the NUST have one of there roadshows at the Pioneer club in Annitsford on Thursday night, its free for anyone so get there and put any ideas you may have to them.

Looks like they have already come up with their idea it's wait for it wait for it.............................................................

For fucks sake what's the point any more.

A post by Pud on Toontastic, directed at someone being a bipolar fucker.

Let's get something straight here, it's two days since the announcement was made. We've spoken to the press when asked and made it clear that the proposals are not welcomed.

There's no rush here, why dive in headfirst and make rash decisions without weighing up all the possible routes, the ramifications of each and deciding on a course of action that will be effective.

In the early days our big fault was that we didn't take time to plan and assess. We were rightly slaughtered for that, now we think about things sensibly and make proper informed decisions and you slag us for it.

Things are happening they're just being deliberated properly

Sounds as if it's not the only thing going on.

Lets give them a chance, eh? The Peterborough game is going to be the focal point for any action so lets not string NUST up yet.

Guest Roger Kint

For f***s sake what's the point any more.

How many have signed it? Wonder if they have more than the facebook group for it? ;D

I imagine/hope he'll sell if we go up. Theres been no reason to suggest he wouldnt, all he's shown is that he isnt willing to further drop the price he wants for the club. If someone had offered what he wanted he'd already be gone, there just wasnt enough interest. There will be if we go up.

Having said that, i also expect he'll draw it out over the summer and waste a lot of the transfer window as usual. But that doesnt change much.

You do realise that he's pretty much been trying to sell the club since he bought without success which would include our time in the Premiership! Does he really want to sell? I'm for anything that hits Ashley in the pocket as it will not harm the club one bit as regardless of whether the fans turn up or not he'll:

sell any decent players (struggling to think of any!)

Rename the stadium

Appoint a cheap disposable manager

If Ashley is serious about waiting for us to get promoted and then sell at a higher price then by any logic he would spend around about £10mill in January that would virtually guarantee promotion which he would recoup! Somehow I can’t see it happening,can you?

I think hes wants to sell far more now than he did the first time he put us up.

Hes already appointed the cheap manager & i doubt we'll be selling any/many players in january. Hes just as desperate to go up as we are, we're worth far more to him promoted than he'll get selling off a couple of championship players. I think we've a very good chance of promotion at this point, so i think the fans not turning up could clearly have an unneeded negative effect. And yes i even remain hopeful that he might actually spend some money in january.