Simpson wants to make move permanent

Jordan

Some people seem to be getting ahead of themselves in regards to the quality of players we will be signing in the summer.

Or even the players we've been signing in the last few years. We've paid big money for players who have got us relegated on 80k a week.

If we can get him on a free and decent wages it's a no-brainer.

Even if we get promotion, the rebuilding job is massive and if Ashley's here he won't do it and we'll be more than likely to go back down. But even if he sells, the rebuilding job is going to be an expensive one, we're lacking quality and depth all over the park. We have no matchwinners anywhere at Premiership level and these players don't come cheap. We need wingers, a goalscorer, midfielders, defenders. To land an OK right back on a free, one who is established at the club, removes one problem.

I have a feeling he may have been loaned to us to put him in the shop window for a January sale though. His contract is running out and they're not stupid. They'll try to flog him to us or someone else in Jan. Having said that, we do have the advantage that it's pretty easy to "tap him up" while he's playing for us, so you never know we might be able to nick him on a freebie in summer.

Guest Roger Kint

Hes been loaned out pretty much 3 years now to various places, hardly a clever trick they just pulled on us, i would imagine hes been available reasonably cheap for that whole time tbh.

Guest Stephen927

Simpson is the type of player you would expect a newly promoted team to buy or come up with and expect him to do a half decent job for a team looking to avoid relegation.

I don't think he'll improve much more, but right now he's good enough for this club, definitely.

I met him last night, he was really cannny. He said he would love to stay here permanently.

Were you talking to him outside the bogs?

Nah my mates were though. Then I saw him a bit further along as the bouncer was kicking off and he was chatting to my pal about the barbers they all go too.

I met him last night, he was really cannny. He said he would love to stay here permanently.

Were you talking to him outside the bogs?

Nah my mates were though. Then I saw him a bit further along as the bouncer was kicking off and he was chatting to my pal about the barbers they all go too.

Ah right i saw a few lads talking to him and he seemed canny and actually talking to them back.