When you felt proud of NUFC despite everything

Dave

My proudest moment for the fans was after being totally humiliated by Liverpool in the 74 cup final, we out sang the scousers as they received the cup and paraded it around wembley. I remember Bill Shankley saying later on that he could not believe his ears at the support given to Newcastle. It was the best he had ever seen..................and we thrashed them.

On the monday, when the team returned to the city, the welcome they got was truly amazing. Players were moved to tears, especially Supermac. It was a wonderful reception for a humiliated team. Never seen anything like it in football since.

I got cold shivers tonight during the build up when it had that little montage about our recent events. :lol:

It's an embarassing state of affairs but still makes me feel proud seeing our fans despite all the shit.

I feel very proud every time we get a 40,000 + crowd. Exceptional under the circumstances.  :smitten:

Me too. very proud of the defiance of our fans in difficult times. It seems it's us against the world at times. They can criticise NUFC for many things, but the fans derserve credit.

I was proud of the "Proud to be a geordie. We'll support you ever more" banner seen at the end of the Villa match.

I feel very proud every time we get a 40,000 + crowd. Exceptional under the circumstances.  :smitten:

Me too. very proud of the defiance of our fans in difficult times. It seems it's us against the world at times. They can criticise NUFC for many things, but the fans derserve credit.

I was proud of the "Proud to be a geordie. We'll support you ever more" banner seen at the end of the Villa match.

I love it. Just seeing a sea of black and white shirts stood at SJP or in the away end of another stadium. Just fills you right up.

Until some prick comes along and goes "I THINK IT'S DISGRACEFUL! LINING MIKE ASHLEYS POCKET BLAH BLAH BLAH! WE SHOULDNT GO TO GAMES!". As far as I'm concerned, for 90 minutes every game the only thing that matters to me is winning and supporting the team.

I laugh in the faces of glory hunting Manchester United,Chelsea or Arsenal fans.I sneer at historical glory hunters,Spuds,Liverpool etc.Yet as Elton John once said,I'm still standing!!Not as an admission of shiteness over the years,but my Dad,Grandad and even my wifes Grandad,have stood on the terraces and watch us under perform,for so many years,with a few exceptions,and had boasting rights.

Thanks to Dennis Tuart,Kevin Keegan,Eric "had i have been a fan,i would have got a lifetime ban" Cantona and Peter Schmeichel,we would have been lording it  big time.The fact we haven't won trophies for 40 years,and we still lord it over glory hunters,makes me proud tbh.

This is not a criticism, just an observation, but it's interesting to me that the majority of the pride being expressed isn't directed at the club, but at the fans (yourselves, tbh).

for the vast majority of clubs that all the clubs are about and the best part of them.

talking with a mackem at work the other day and he was saying they were very impressed with our crowds. i even pointed out that it was made up partly of those who had bought into the 3 year things and we've been top of the league all season. he still thought it was great and put their own to shame.

This is not a criticism, just an observation, but it's interesting to me that the majority of the pride being expressed isn't directed at the club, but at the fans (yourselves, tbh).

Look at the fucking club man! What else is there to be proud of?